arabs v barca rollcall...

Guest kingkojak

Guest kingkojak

Ive got a ticket!!!! :crazy07: :crazy07: :crazy07: :crazy07:

looking forward to being witness to utd's pre season preperations humping to bugs bunny and friends

I would go, indefinatly but Im short of cash.

I did see Barca' last year in October at the Nou Camp Vs Sevilla.. it was some match indeed, can't wait to hear about the Arab's humping  :crazy07:

0-0 at half time

Incidentally, Celtic losing 3-0 at Newcastle :029:

Henry scores in last minute to win the game for Barca :029: :029: :029:

sounds familiar Dodsy :015:

In the final minute defender Darren Dods pulled down Giovani, and Henry, on as a second-half substitute, stepped up to take the resulting penalty.  :029:

Just back from the game.

Barca's passing and composure on the ball were like nothing I've seen before. However it was clear that they haven't practiced shooting yet this season. Either that or their contract with Utd specified that they had to play good football but not win, cos at times it looked like they were trying hard not to score.

Dods did OK, but Wilkie was really in charge. I fear that for the first time in many years, Utd could have a very solid back line and keeper.

dods was ******* excellent last night

How did that get through?

I raised this on the bugs thread, but got no response, incidentally the same poster said the same swear wordy thingy, I will cut and paste it for the mods to deal with.

I've just seen a rerun of the game, and must quote Jim Delahunt in the pre-match build up :

"New signing Darren Dods, who spent last season in the First Division with St Johnstone"

:017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017:

Finally, someone who's living in the past as much as a typical Utd fan!

Guest kingkojak

dods played very well - am sure he will be a huge asset to the arabs.  with the dods wilkie partnership and the new polish keeper, wh i thought was excellent,  utd will be a completely different prospect this season! 

though it has to be said that dods was lucky not to have given away a penalty early in the second half for wrestling henry in the box. 

all in all i thought utd were excellent but barca were a joy to watch.  they seemed to control the game with ease and were so much more confident on the ball.  couldnt help think that they could have turned on the style at any point and run utd ragged.