Unfair on Season Ticket Holders?

IcyTea

Are you serious.......no, this is a wind up, right :lol:

The club should be doing more of this to encourage new people along.

I'm sure other clubs will be doing likewise.

I can see your point but I think that ST holders already get pretty good value for money (ticket price per game anyway not entertainment!!!) over the course of a season. I'd rather see more folk along at this one than worry about getting some cash back.

As a season ticket holder, I don't have a problem with the club trying to get some new fans and generate a bit of interest at the end of the season for the last game. The problem is the match will be low key and probably not that attractive to the casual supporter.

If the club want to make a gesture of rewarding loyalty to season ticket holders, how about a couple of free entries to friendlies at the start of next season? :?:

Club always do this towards the end of the season ..... When I was a season ticket holder, I knew at the start of the season they were likely to do it but the compensation of having paid less for my season ticket and having a guaranteed seat for each game far outweighed any outrage i may have felt .... good on them for trying to encourage more along ....

I also have a season ticket and don't have any problems with the prices being reduced. We are a club as far as I am concerned and if I lose a couple of pound out of the deal, I don't mind if it encourages another person to come along and start watching games.

Plus, as Scotty mentions, there are other benefits of being a season ticket holder which aren't financially-related... priority ticket purchases, guaranteed seat etc.

It would be great for the players if we got a good 4,000 plus attendance for this game with the reduced prices. It is after all our last Home game of the season - pitch invasion anyone? :wink:

The gesture is likely to prevent us from posting the lowest SPL crowd of the season.

i extremely doubt that! Not sure bout other dunfermline or livi games but livi only got 2,200 against dundee utd a couple of weeks ago. maybe they have had a smaller one as well for all i know. And we will deff have more than 2,200!

Our lowest attendance at home in the SPL this season was against Motherwell on 4th March and was 3183.

Our average at the moment is 5175 - an attendance of 2023 or more against Falkirk will see us finish the season with an average over 5000.

Its a great idea. Last home game of the season - encourage a big crowd, good atmosphere. Not everyone can manage the last away games. Lets show our appreciation for a great seasons entertainment by the team (though maybe not always at home....)This could be the biggest home result this year, I believe! Can't imagine any genuine season ticket supporter would even think about a refund. Don't desrve to call themself a true supporter if they do. Plenty other perks on offer.

If we were at home, midweek to any of the top six teams this certainly wouldn't be happening, but as we are playing for pride alone now then the more the merrier...this years ST's have been of little joy to the holders .

I'm hearing a few people in work talking about going to the game who previous didn't bother with ICT matches. Hopefully it will be a bit like the Scotland Futures match where the ticket prices were very attractive for families.