Innes Bar Player of the Year

Guzz

To all those who sponsor from the Innes and the Internutters, will you please vote for your POTY, on this thread will be OK.

It has been proposed that the selected player will receive a pennant suitably embroidered which will be presented at the end of season do - in June I think.

Well, as the Internutters sponsor Granty, we should vote for him, however as Dargo has been the hero this season with the goals it has to be between him and Mr reliable - Darren Dods.

My vote:

Dargo

Interesting to note that the players voted Grantie second in their poll, a great testament to the local lads contribution this year.

I would have to say there is only one winner for me. Sometimes we overlook his performances because we come to expect that standard from him week in week out. He very rarely does anything wrong but is always there when you need him. He probably did not expect to have made such an impact when he joined and must still be wondering how we have managed to sustain, and improve upon performances since he joined. Many doubters wondered if he would be good enough to fill the former captains boots, we even had fans from his last team coming on our webby and telling us how poor he was.

Well, stand up and take your bow Mr Dods. You have proved them and most of us wrong and have been instumental in the continued rise of our club. Darren Dods, you are a star.

For what it's worth, my top three are:-

DODS

Rossco

Dargo

Guest bart the brat

As has already been suggested there is more than one player who I could consider for player of the year; Mark Brown, Darren Dods and Craig Dargo. Craig has been on fire in the goals department and credit to him for his form. I also think both Mark and Darren have consistently been on form throughout the year but Darren Dods is my POY. Darren took over as Captain in Goly's absence. He has led the team in the same manner in which he plays his game i.e. composure and confidence. Notwithstanding, I think the team has done us proud again this year - well done!

For me there is one player who gives his heart and soul to this club. He's had his off days but he's tried his best. He endeavours to keep the team in shape on the pitch and of it and he appreciates every last one of us fans.

My vote is for Barry Wilson.

omly............what the **** does omly mean???

Anyway Alex. If you don't already know, you won Granties shirt in the draw...........it won't fit you.

Trust Don to beat me to it. The draw was only made last night and I've only just surfaced.

As mentioned Alex MacLeod won the signed shirt.

I'll get it to you as soon as I receive it, Alex. Probably at the end of season, off season, pre season doo!!!

Tough call as there have been so many heroes in our team this season. I will have to break the trend though by suggesting Ian Black. When I saw him playing at Pittodrie for us last season I thought he was pretty useless - seemed only capable of moving the ball sideways or backwards. Just can't believe the improvement over 12 months though - especially with his tigerish tackling in midfield and excellent distribution of the ball. Therefore the wee man has to get my vote. :021: