Against All Odds is 10.

Charles Bannerman

Already... it seems like just yesterday! The book was published on the last Saturday in August 1997 and culminating in the Division 3 Championship which featured so many of the prospective Hall of Fame members who will be on show at the Legends' Night which is now just two weeks away.

The launch took place on a day when the team lost 1-0 to East Fife in its first Division 2 home game. And if you think this season has been a bit slow to get going, 98-99 took something like 9 games to produce a win. It got much better after that... and eventually led on to much better things. So don't panic Captain Mannering!

I travelled up for that East Fife game (think it was a Cherry o.g.).

I remember standing there as a goggle-eyed teenager and getting some old buffer to sign my copy.

It's Mainwaring BTW  :004:

23rd August was indeed a 0-1 defeat by East Fife with a Paul Cherry OG headed past Les Fridge in 52 minutes. It was not however the last Saturday in August as 7 days later it was the 30th and we lost 3-2 away to Stenhousemuir !

.... never mind, at least the facts in the book are right :rotflmao:

I remember standing there as a goggle-eyed teenager and getting some old buffer to sign my copy.

Think there's something wrong with your keyboard Mantis - words coming out in the wrong order! I'm sure what you meant to say was "I remember standing there as a goggle-eyed old buffer and getting some teenager to sign my copy"  :016:

Seriously, Happy Birthday to Against All Odds - one of the main reasons for my support of ICT  :drinking08:

Charles, that has just reminded me of something else. Brewsters first day in charge last time. We were in the Golf club and I nipped out to get a copy of Going Ballistic, which Ian Broadfoot was signing. He wasn't too impressed when I said "thanks Mr Bannerman." Anyway, whilst heading back to the club I was stopped by Setanta guy and asked my opinion on our new signing. One Craig Brewster.