Food you dont see anymore

SMEE

:rotflmao:

Remember those machines you used to get outside cafes and sweety shops. You would put a penny in and turn a knob clockwise.............then out dropped a gobstopper or similar sweet.  Sort of like a condom machine for kids.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

They still make lucky tatties but are no longer permitted to include the little toy on health and safety grounds.

Apparently the fear is that some kid might choke to death on it despite there being no such misfortune during the many decades they did have contents.

I haven't been to a fairground for donkey's years... Can you still get toffee apples?

Last time I had one - I had a beard at the time - kept me going for about a fortnight...... :022:

Johnboy - you obviously haven't been to a supermarket recently either  :015: - they were full of toffee apples for Halloween...  Dunno if you still get em at the showies (God there's a word I've not used recently!)

Remember when the Snicker Bar was a Marathon, also i know you can still get Curly Wurlys but they are not how i remember them as a kid, I am sure they were twice the size for a start.

Can you still get Fizzers?

I see Wispas have made a come back - anyone remember the Carmel ones they tried for a while? Now they were nice.

I used to love Lucky Tatties - mouth full of cinnamon - gorgeous!

Ermmm whispas are fab and i loved rthose caramel ones

Lucky tatties you can get em in that wee shop at the back of the market !!!!

I got those chewy mushrooms the other day they were lush  !!!!

also i know you can still get Curly Wurlys but they are not how i remember them as a kid, I am sure they were twice the size for a start.

Nah you are twice the size now so they just look smaller.