Arrogance of the English (media)

wyness_is_god

:010: Gary Linekar at the end of MOTD, "Were going to win it" about Euro 2008.

The arrogance of that tool amazes me , it really does  :008: Motson is bad enough but this clown joining the bandwagon GTF  :crazy07:  :crazy07:  :crazy07:

Another thing i noticed during the game, England fans leaving with over 10minutes left, WTF was that all about  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: I know the majority of Rangers fans 'support' England but that was taking the ****, I had to ask myself was the game really taking place at Wembley or Ibrox  :sillywave:  What a Sh1tey home support  :001:

Am i the only one who would really love to see these arrogant tw@ts fail to qualify ?

So many spaces and they say 85,000....I can't believe it! Corporate were getting pis%$$ed behind closed doors and didn't bother for the 2nd half. Parking on the Darkside is still impossible since it is built insde a ghetto/ housing Estate. What a waste of the NATIONs money. Towers of Babel spring to mind and I hope theyh get stuffed on Wednesday!

Don't worry my Scottish friends England will not prosper in this competition. I watched the game yesterday (as well as Scotland and a wee bit of the Welsh game) and I thought Israel made England look good. I too am peed off with the studio guests and presenter(s) when England are playing - I use the 'mute' button on the remote which makes everything a lot better  :004: :004: As for leaving the ground early when your team is 3 up is under (or down) is utter pish - apparently they were leaving early to get out of the car park quicker!!!

Did they mention 66 at all?  They won some sort of Cup or something didn't they  :015:

Very selective amnesia - can remember 66 but not 67.

Wembley is a fortress...apart from they last two games at "old Wembley" when they got slaughtered by Scotland and Germany.

It always makes me laugh, we were living in England-shire for the last World Cup, the arrogance of some is outstanding.

"Your just a diddy team" - yes, but at least we have our own Culture, and a true pride in our National Identity!

Feck em, we'll be there anyway - C'mon Scotland!!!!!

The arrogance of that tool amazes me , it really does  :008: Motson is bad enough but this clown joining the bandwagon GTF  :crazy07:  :crazy07:   :crazy07:

Another thing i noticed during the game, England fans leaving with over 10minutes left, WTF was that all about  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: I know the majority of Rangers fans 'support' England but that was taking the ****, I had to ask myself was the game really taking place at Wembley or Ibrox  :sillywave:  What a Sh1tey home support  :001:

Am i the only one who would really love to see these arrogant tw@ts fail to qualify ?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Granted the english are arrogant pillocks but I presume Lineker said it in his post match end of show monologe thing where he takes the **** with some lame cheesy jokes. I seriously doubt he was seriously predicting England are going to win it. Even Jimmy Hill wouldn't say that during this dire run of form from the english

Guest WiganJag

The arrogance of that tool amazes me , it really does  :008: Motson is bad enough but this clown joining the bandwagon GTF  :crazy07:  :crazy07:  :crazy07:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Granted the english are arrogant pillocks but I presume Lineker said it in his post match end of show monologe thing where he takes the **** with some lame cheesy jokes. I seriously doubt he was seriously predicting England are going to win it. Even Jimmy Hill wouldn't say that during this dire run of form from the english

Correct.  It was a joke.

England will qualify by the skin of their teeth, only to fail miserably and lose in the QF as usual.  Scotland will be the only other home nation to qualify, providing they get a result in France on Wednesday.

With regards atmosphere, I'd love to be at Hampden when Scotland score and 500 miles belts out.  :021:

I recall one of Lineker's post match monologues where he just ended the show saying "At the end of the day........it gets dark"

I can't remember which game it was, but Engerlund had just been knocked out of a tournament where they had underperformed. Which hardly narrows it down.

I think we should really add a word to this thread title and that is Arrogance of the English MEDIA ...... most English people I know are pretty decent, its the media, commentators and a few tosspots that need a reality check.

Guest samuelbarros

And the Scottish media getting all excited about how Scotland are going to qualify is not arrogance? The only significant result we've achieved is a lucky 1-0 win at home to France. We beat Faroes and Lithuania home and away (wooppeefeckingdoo, they're real world-beaters). Our main rivals, Italy and Ukraine, both beat us comfortably away, so unless we beat them both at home, and beat Georgia away, we're going nowhere next summer.

There's an apparent sense of expectation that, when we beat France on Wednesday, we've qualified. I'll be astonished if France don't skin us for 3 or more, and I'll be equally surprised if we win any of our other remaining fixtures. I fully expect us to finish 4th, which is level-par, yet the Scottish media will view that as a catastrophic failure given our current points tally.

And the Scottish media getting all excited about how Scotland are going to qualify is not arrogance?

of course it is. However, in between the bouts of arrogance or perhaps 'over-confidence' displayed by the Scottish press, there have been long spells where we have shown the self deprecating philosophy that we are s***e and we know we are whereas the English media have played the same old record for 40 years whether their team was good or bad at the time.

My (English born) wife is suggesting that this thread has serious racist undertones..... :024:

I do not believe so and I have read and re-read the thread. It is primarily concerned with the arrogance of the English media. Besides, The "Undertones" were Irish .... used to like them ......

Can it be racist........as England is multi cultural? No one race is being singled out.....there all being lumped in as one.  :crazy07: I dont think wanting England to get HUMPED every game should ever be a crime :023:

And the Scottish media getting all excited about how Scotland are going to qualify is not arrogance? The only significant result we've achieved is a lucky 1-0 win at home to France. We beat Faroes and Lithuania home and away (wooppeefeckingdoo, they're real world-beaters). Our main rivals, Italy and Ukraine, both beat us comfortably away, so unless we beat them both at home, and beat Georgia away, we're going nowhere next summer.

There's an apparent sense of expectation that, when we beat France on Wednesday, we've qualified. I'll be astonished if France don't skin us for 3 or more, and I'll be equally surprised if we win any of our other remaining fixtures. I fully expect us to finish 4th, which is level-par, yet the Scottish media will view that as a catastrophic failure given our current points tally.

Stop ruining our fun :finger02:

I don't see anybody claiming we'll beat France apart from a couple of the younger posters on here.

The general mood amongst our media is that we can scrape a draw (personally I think it'll be about 3-0).

The fact is we punch above our weight in the rankings for a nation of 5 million, apart from when Berti was in charge and we managed to punch below our weight.. England consistently fail when measured against nations of similar size, e.g. Germany, Italy, and even much smaller nations such as Portugal and Netherlands.

My (English born) wife is suggesting that this thread has serious racist undertones..... :024:

:010: :010: :010: :018:

Nothing at all racist about the thread, As Scotty says in an earlier comment its about the english media, maybe I should have put (media) in the title myself when i started the thread, but hey were all guilty at some point of saying something and later thinking maybe that could have been re-worded to sound better.

As for the Scottish media getting all excited about how Scotland are going to qualify being arrogant, I think thats totally different the Scottish media are more in hope, whereas the English media Expect. And If England do qualify then Scottish supporters will be saying the same thing next summer that the English (Media) are totally arrogant in the way they harp on about their win in 66 and how they talk as though they have the god given right to walk the tournament. As others have said, Its rather quite enjoyable seeing them set themselves up for a fall.

Guest TinCanFan

I see yesterday during the Rugby World Cup ITV showed South Africa vs Samoa on ITV1 because they are in England's group with the Scotland, Ireland and Wales games on ITV4 (in England with the games being shown on ITV1 in the home countries).  Surely there are more Scots, Irish and Welsh rugby fans in England without digital TV than there are South Africans or Samoans so why should they have to miss out.