Charlie Christie

Guest jamesie snr

Guest jamesie snr

I know youve probably all been through this but being newish i thought id pose the question anyway. Do you think charlie is the right man for the job? and i want you all to b honest. I think the fact he is a highland lad and has caley blood goes along way but im still not sure we should have settled for him i think as a short term thing its good but i dont think long term he has what it takes i mean does he have the pulling power? (and i dont mean for birds cos we all know about him there) i mean can he bring in good players that have a good track record or are we going to have to bring in a bunch of nobodys and hope that they can pull it off and be good as has happened in the past id love for him to become a great ict manager but the jury is still out on this for me anyway answers plz and b honest :D

i mean can he bring in good players that have a good track record or are we going to have to bring in a bunch of nobodys and hope that they can pull it off

Who in the team at the moment has had a good track record at another club??

IMO CC is the right man for the job and his passiion for the club can only be a good thing as motivation for the players, not t mention the respect the team carry for him as an ex-captain of ICT and MOM against Celtic in the 3-1 game. What has he done to deserve criticism??

Until he has a full season, start to finish, in the SPL no one can judge how good or bad a manager he is!!

Barry Wilson was doing okay for Livi and Hart must have started for Brora. Also was Dods not a regular before he was free transferred and there is also Tokley and Brown who I guess would have been 1st team regulars at their previous clubs.

I am still unsure about CC. The results have been a mixed bag to say the least but its debatable if Brewster would have done any better. He has had a pretty solid platform from which to start his managerial life so maybe next season will see a real test for him. One thing that does impress me so far is that he doesn't seem afraid to speak his mind and also, you can't question his commitment to ICT.

Guest jamesie snr

Just because he was the ict captain and mom against celtic does that give us a good idea of how good a manager he will be?????????? :roll: i dont think thats good enough. I have to agree withrig "He has had a pretty solid platform from which to start his managerial life" yeah and so he should not b named both had good squads to carry on with and build from. I do hope that he proves to b the greates we have had so far

I think the bottom line was he was the best person who wanted the job. He is also committed to the club, unlike Brew, Robbo etc. who had their eyes on so called "bigger" things.

As a novice manager he is doing fine and as Kingsmills said, he has Parkie to guide him.

I have backed Charlie from the start and will continue to do so .... I think he is the right man for the job and with Donald Park at his side I think the board have got it right once more. CC & DP will prove to be a great blend of 'youth' (in managerial terms) and experience .... I will however agree with anyone on either side of the arguments that says it is way too early to judge him (in either direction) on a few results and this conversation might be more authoritatively discussed this time next year ...

Given that the club took a risk in appointing untried managers with John Robertson, and Craig Brewster, one thing that I would imagine preyed heavily on the minds of the board was getting a manager who would not **** off at the first chance to a 'bigger' team or one where he had a previous connection as a player or coach. I suppose that CC might be tempted were he to be offered the Celtic job, but with no disrespect to CC that is unlikely to happen at this stage (if ever). That now leaves us with a manager with a tremendous and long standing committment to the club who will hopefully take us to greater and greater heights and I for one am quite happy with that !!!

I think that, so long as we continue to perform well considering our budget and position as compared with other clubs, then he is being successful. Unless something major happens in the years to come, we can only expect to be hovering between top six and bottom six because we don't have the finances to cope with the likes of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, and potentially Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and soon-to-be Gretna.

As for whether Charlie is the correct appointment, absolutely, without a doubt, 100%.

To be honest, I feel that Charlie has had more influence as a manager from the dug out than Brewster ever did. We tended to do better when Brewster was on the park. That is now proving to be the case at United as well.

As said by others time will tell with Charlie, but he has a steady right hand man in Donald Park who also had more respect from the players than Robbo. I also can't believe that this subject has been raised again given that we are on course for yet another improvement on the season before. So I feel now is not the time to debate the merits or other wise of Charlie. Give the man a chance.

Also consider the 10 or 11 years of steady progress. Apart from Gretna with silly money behind them, what club in Scotland can boast year on year improvement. If our fan base had increased in similar strides we should now be getting crowds of 12 to 15,000 in a stadium that size to boot.

I have backed Charlie from the start and will continue to do so .... I think he is the right man for the job and with Donald Park at his side I think the board have got it right once more. CC & DP will prove to be a great blend of 'youth' (in managerial terms) and experience .... I will however agree with anyone on either side of the arguments that says it is way too early to judge him (in either direction) on a few results and this conversation might be more authoritatively discussed this time next year ...

Given that the club took a risk in appointing untried managers with John Robertson, and Craig Brewster, one thing that I would imagine preyed heavily on the minds of the board was getting a manager who would not **** off at the first chance to a 'bigger' team or one where he had a previous connection as a player or coach. I suppose that CC might be tempted were he to be offered the Celtic job, but with no disrespect to CC that is unlikely to happen at this stage (if ever). That now leaves us with a manager with a tremendous and long standing committment to the club who will hopefully take us to greater and greater heights and I for one am quite happy with that !!!

That's just what I was gonna say!

Scotty - you're so much more eloqint, sorry elokwant, sorry eloquat, i mean elephant, no elo-cute, i mean you put things better than me!

No-one can say that since Brew left it hasn't been exciting with CC incharge!! We've played some excellent stuff at times and CC has put his money where his mouth is by trying to play attacking football, sometimes it has worked and sometimes it hasn't but remember he is still trying to get his bearings. We have also seen the resurrection of Wyness and Hart, CC has shown he is willing to use subs when things aren't going to plan... while with Brew as soon as we went a goal down we were doomed!!

I think CC has been able to use the examples of Pele, Robbo and Brew to pick out the best bits of managment, discard the bad and as previously said with the very capable helping hand of DP!!

Rather than being negative is it not better to be optimistic???

Regarding CC his appointment is better than having a dishonest (in support terms)manager like Brewster.CC is ICT (Caley?) through and through, but he is inexperienced at SPL level and I am not convinced that we will be contesting top 6 next year.DP is the great hope as he does know the higher level game so CC "might" make it!.

If ICT are to seriously aim for top 4 on a regular basis we will need a manager of that status, CC is not or never will be that man.

If we are aiming for top four on a regular basis, then, barring a change in the way other clubs conduct themselves, we will be needing a lot more than a new manager... more money, more players etc.

Some fans are losing the plot already, talk of top 4, unbelievable. Have we lost track of the real world. We get close to top six, now we want top four, next it will be playing in the Champions league and the English Premiership. Charlie Christie has done very nicely and will continue to prosper as the team digs in for another few years in the top flight. Do you seriously think that we should be in the top six, or top four or even higher.........get a fekkin grip, what is wrong with some people, give them an inch and they want a mile. Since CC took over we have recorded our biggest wins this year, most goals scored in a game, twice, and continued our dominance of Hibs, yet we are still being told by 'experts' that he is not good enough to manage ICT, a team in only their second season in the SPL.

Sour grapes because the Spaniard has been told to go maybe.

Charlie can only be judged properly once the team Brew selected has disintegrated and he stamps his own persona on the playing patterns. I believe he will continue to do OK, my sights and expectations are set to normal, anything above that will be a bonus, below that a disappointment but not a failure. We will see harder times in the future, this may be about as good as it realistically should get. Get behind CC and stop the sniping.

must use the spelling cow in future

Guest Rebelwithoutaclue

many successful managers have an extra edge by the fact that they never made it to the very top as a player. CC is the next fergie you heard it here first. :notworthy:

Top six here we come 2006/2007!!!

I also like the fact that when he's on the telly he is articulate enough to conduct an interview. Brewster = "and eh......."