Life Great Unanswered Questions

Dmacca

In the banner at the top of every page on CTO, is the picture a mirrored photo? That photo looks like it was taken from home dugut/tunnel area, but looking in that direction, you wouldn't see what looks like a fairly steep hill with a lot of trees.

Why is it that in the banner photo, no-one really distinctive except one middle aged looking towards the left, who is fairly noticable and looking straight at the camera?

I'm not allowed to make a stab at answering this, as then it would then be one of 'lifes great answered questions'

Why does the resistivity of copper increase with temperature when carbon has the opposite effect. ha ha.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the banner at the top of every page on CTO, is the picture a mirrored photo? That photo looks like it was taken from home dugut/tunnel area, but looking in that direction, you wouldn't see what looks like a fairly steep hill with a lot of trees.

Why is it that in the banner photo, no-one really distinctive except one middle aged looking towards the left, who is fairly noticable and looking straight at the camera?

Wow....can't believe it's taken someone this long to spot that the banner is a reversed image.

Why? Two reasons. First, I needed an image which lost focus towards the right so the badge could be added there without making it look cluttered. Second, that right hand end needed to be dark...the blue sky with the grey wraparound and badge would just have all blended together too much and looked wrong.

The only way I could get what was needed was to flip a photo, and even then I had to find one without any writing or too detailed/close an image of a shirt because it would have been instantly obvious the image was, as you have just discovered, mirrored.

So there you go....an answer to one of life's great unanswered questions.

You can actually spot a few intersting things in the banner. For example, the guy in the grey hoodie on the left and whatever he's looking at. The two flag poles, the two old women in the middle and another older looking guy in a grey suit and flat cap coming down the stairs. Hours of fun, you can imagine.

• 2 weeks later...