Which players are being moved on?

Yngwie

Charlie says: "I have spoken to one or two other individuals who are under contract here and told them they will probably have to leave to enhance their career"

I would guess that we have seen the last of :

1) Fox

A player favoured by Brewster, inexplicably so in the eyes of many fans. Has disappeared out of the picture since Christie took over, and is at the age where he is no longer a youngster, and needs to be playing regularly. His SPL experience should make it easy to get him into a division 1 club.

2) Parrat

I've never seen him play, but with Tokely immoveable and Proctor there as cover, opportunities for the young right back will not arise at ICT in the foreseeable future.

Thoughts?

Fox came on today and did ok, think he will probably be moved on though.

Bayne got lucky, he was signed to be div 1 back up and ended up playing SPL. I think he'll be goe too.

Don't understand why McBain is metnioned. He is versatile and always puts in a good shift. Definitely one to hold onto.

Can't see Bayne going as that would only leave Rory as back-up striker - unless another striker comes in

Mentioned McBain as I'm not sure what he brings to the team. He scores the occasional goal but is usally pretty anonymous in games. He must be 5th or 6th in the pecking order for a central midfield start

Though Parrat looked decent enough the times I've seen him - he's still under 21 is he not. Worth keeping him another year.

I suspect Fox and possibly McBain

Think you could be right m8.... although as much as I love golly he has been poor of l8 and could be given the heave ho

Fox and Parratt will be staying. The ones Charlie is looking at are the ones who were signed from the young team last year who have put no effort into being a squad player. One of those is Finnigan.

You really should get your facts right before you spout your usual load of c..p. For a start, only Chris Finnigan and Rory were signed from the "young team" so this theory is already up the spout. Secondly, who do you think you are saying these two boys have put no effort into being a squad player? I doubt very much if you have played at the level they have and you probably couldn't kick your own backside never mind a football. :x

If that's the case then it's very bad news.

Charlie clearly doesn't see them as part of his plans, and if they stick around it reduces his ability to bring in new players.

Maybe if the rumours about Proc going to the Arabs is true, Parrat may look to stay and secure a place in the pecking order for RB.

Foxy has talent, but he cant be very bushy tailed about being stuck in the reserves, so might think about a move for first team footie.

:wink:

caleyboy, I dont know who you are, where you are or anything about you so I would certainly not hurl the kind of personal abuse at you as you have hurled at me but one or two points of info for you. The 'young team' I refer to is the lads who were initially signed on what is the equivalent to the old 'S' form. Craig Brewster signed 6 or 8 lads on full time contracts before he left the club, two of those, if I remember right, came from Elgin and are thought of as good prospects for the future.

As I said, you dont know me, nor do you know the people I meet up with now and again, some of whom are in the know. If you followed this, and the previous website you would realise that my support for Fox is 'tongue in cheek' and generally aimed at particular members of this site, although I do sponsor the lad.

What two boys did I say put no effort in.

Finally, no I didnt play football at their level, though I did play shinty at a high level. Simply because that was the main sport where I lived. Though I have followed football for a very big percentage of my reasonably long life.

Hey Alex

Welcome to the old boys' club anytime. But the rules for entry have changed--Scarlet has dossiers on all hopeful entrants and a slight honorarium slid in a nespaper to him at the door has gone from non-obligatory to mandatory due to the dearth of good spy jobcommissions since the demise of the cold war.

With the war against Iran just over the horizon prospects in my business have looked up but I still needa touch or two- you Do understand. Otherwise...out come the dossiers ....hmmmmmmmm :004:

• 2 weeks later...