Marius check

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

I missed all the craic about the Bairns game. Marius evidently put in a show against Killie - which I am not surprised about - but he appears to have got some good press from Falkirk - where/how did they play him and how did he fare ? - the Bairns are a tight outfit to play against.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marius was supposed to be playing up front against Falkirk but it he ended up getting dragged back into midfield as this was where most of the game was played. He did some good work there, winning headers and releasing Rankin a couple of times but JR fluffed his chances. I don't remember Marius having a shot on goal in the whole game. 

Against Killie he was absolutely immense. Playing behind Bayne he found himself in space time after time and we played some beautiful football through him in the second half.

Have to agree i thought Marius was tremendous on Saturday, scored goals some great link up play, great vision some tricks and importantly a bit of grafting, playing like that wish i could get to see him more often(and have doubted him in the past) I think he may carry us into 2008(IHE) lets hope so.

Heres to a great year for us.

We're getting just about spot on now with what I considered our best starting 11 months ago, Bayne and Marius were always going to play well together.  Just as Rankin, Cowie and Black do, all of those players bring out the superb best in eachother.

Whats even better about that is that we have some tremendous impact subs if things arn't quite going to plan, Wyness, Wilson, Brew etc.

So is the consensus then that Marius  is now over the hump, is showing us what his talent can achieve at Tulloch  and can look forward to future visits at home games from Representatives from the Old Firm dressed unostentatiously in drab raincoats? :002:

• 1 month later...

As I ruminate on the game today, I have to say that I?m more than a little disappointed.

It was like Inverness calling Radio Bucharest at times today. Time and time again, as the passes made their way to him there seemed to be enough static to prevent him getting onto his toes.

Marius, I hope you were carrying some kind of knock. If not, I can only say what you gave today was unacceptable.

No matter what your personal circumstance I for one will not accept anything less than my 11 being 100% tuned in.

He did take a hefty knock just before half-time which to me appeared to spoil his appetite for this game...

I think it's time we cut our losses with him - you could count on the fingers of one hand the number of games in which he has made any significant contribution.

He was not fantastic today BUT don't lose heart yet as he said his aim was to get us into top 6 and we are still in with a good shout but good performance from ICT second half and D U are a shower of big brutes and divers :blah01:

He was not fantastic today BUT don't lose heart yet as he said his aim was to get us into top 6 and we are still in with a good shout but good performance from ICT second half and D U are a shower of big brutes and divers :blah01:

Ian.... Your girlfriend contributed more to today's entertainment than Marius....  :rolleyes02:

Perhaps if we tried playing him alongside another striker more consistently we would get a better return. Hitting long balls a for his head is not playing to his strengths...he has great class with the ball on the ground at his feet. Time the manager started to use him properly to get the best advantage. This defensive 4-1-4-1 formation is SH***. There were times today when the midfield were camped on top of the back 4 and when the ball broke Marius was on his own with the nearest Caley player 30 yds away. You don't win games without strikers and this 1 man up top lark is not the answer ...especially playing at home. :018:

Perhaps if we tried playing him alongside another striker more consistently we would get a better return. Hitting long balls a for his head is not playing to his strengths...he has great class with the ball on the ground at his feet. Time the manager started to use him properly to get the best advantage. This defensive 4-1-4-1 formation is SH***. There were times today when the midfield were camped on top of the back 4 and when the ball broke Marius was on his own with the nearest Caley player 30 yds away. You don't win games without strikers and this 1 man up top lark is not the answer ...especially playing at home. :018:

Spot on.

It's about time we went back to 442. The 4-5-1 only seemed to work when Rankin was involved. We've missed him since he went.

The number of high balls pumped upto him today, against Wilkie and Kenneth, was embarrassing at times.

What's the bloke supposed to do, againt two giants, when his nearest support is halfway back up the pitch??

Certainly not Marius best performance in an ICT shirt but some 'supporters' seem **** bent on criticising him no matter what he does  :029:

4-5-1 worked when he had Rankin and hasn't since he left. Niculae was left high and dry time and time again today.

Niculae was left high and dry time and time again today.

What should any half decent striker do when that happens..?

I don't actually agree that was the case anyway.... there were several ocassions yesterday when the ball was played to his feet - he wasted all of them.

Cowie and Imrie linked up really well yesterday... and both are capable of scoring goals.

That's where our chances of finishing in the top six lie... :018:

Marius got a hefty knock in 2004 and has never recovered. His main aim this season wasnt the Top Six - it was a recall to the Romanian squad. There is far more chance of the former than the latter unless money talks in Romania as well.  :023:

Lets go back to playing a team system and one that is not built around Marius - he WAS a class player - he IS now an accomplished and professional individual with some beautiful touches but has quite clearly lost the pace and mobility to play at the top - nay even the SPL.  :018:

He is a potential bonus at home but a total luxury away - we now have three tricky away games on the bounce. I wouldnt be surprised that Marius now hides behind an injury - an acceptable excuse - as his away place was seriously in jeapoardy, his team mates are getting increasingly frustrated (perhaps even to the lengths of not passing to him ??!!) and he must realise that playing for Romania again was a mere wish. Our relationship with the Messiah may be reaching the last supper stage.

Lets look to the future and give the games to the likes of Patti and Imrie - I would like to see Bayne back in the fold as well - at least away from home - and hopefully we are already looking for a true centre forward for next season.

As I ruminate on the game today, I have to say that I?m more than a little disappointed.

It was like Inverness calling Radio Bucharest at times today. Time and time again, as the passes made their way to him there seemed to be enough static to prevent him getting onto his toes.

Marius, I hope you were carrying some kind of knock. If not, I can only say what you gave today was unacceptable.

No matter what your personal circumstance I for one will not accept anything less than my 11 being 100% tuned in.

OOOOOoooo. hark at her....

Perhaps you might have noticed that Marius was on his ownsome up front against 2 6ft 9 inch defenders, and whose own team mates were mostly flinging high balls up to him, Wayne feckin Rooney couldnt do better.