Graham Dorrans

RossP

Dorrans heads to Baggies on loan 

Livingston wing-back and Scotland under-21 Graeme Dorrans is set for a trial with West Brom next week.

Dorrans, 20, has 18 months remaining on his current contract, but has attracted interest from Rangers, Middlesbrough, Dundee United and Inverness.

He started his career as a youth player with Livingston and has scored nine goals in 25 appearances this season.

Livingston's manager Mark Proctor has said he would not stand in the player's way if a suitable offer was made

Noticed a few others talking him up in other threads, to which I'll add my praise. Good player, would love to have him at the club but very unlikely he'll join to be honest.

Ach well, better get back to work....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus I would LOVE to see Dorrans at ICT, offer him a big salary and get the guy on board.

I've been praising Dorrans, Snodgrass and Mcmenamin all year at Livi, MacPake was back from injury today aswell, all 4 would be great additions to ICT just now.  Dorrans and MacPake especially would fit in with us perfectly.

Can someone forward the previous message to Mr Brewster please - it all sounds good to me :clapping03:

We're talking about a young lad who's doing very well in a division that has turned out, this season, to be very mediocre indeed. ICT have players out on loan at the minute who would likely perform just as well in that league. Namely, Woods and McAllister.

They were all older, experienced players who played in a very competitive league. The 1st this season doesn't reflect what it was in the last five years or so. Hamilton and Dundee are the only contenders. The rest have little or no chance of catching up whereas in previous seasons there was real competition across the whole top half.

Muir-jaggie.....he's a striker at Livi

Hes an attacking full back/Winger Alex, hes never played up front before yet has still scored 10 goals this year.

Hamilton are 10 points clear of third, who are 8 behind Dundee.  This time last year Gretna were more points ahead than either of those two are.

The January previous to that, St Mirren had a 12 point gap to 2nd.  I remember it was this time of year they knocked Motherwell out of the cup 3-0, it was then their lead caught my eye.

Before them, Falkirk ended up winning the league by 15 points

The year before that, ourselves and Clyde went toe to toe for months.

The season before THAT Falkirk won the league by 2 dozen points or something...

I cant remember how Livi did in 2002/3.

IS there another reason you dont want us to go for Dorrans other than the league table?

But you've never seen Dorrans play?  :029:

I've seen all three and Dorrans is better than McAllister, Wood could be up there with him aswell in another year.  You couldnt compare the players anyway, they dont play the same position.

Cowie signed for us from a side that was relegated to the second division, had Cowie been a Livi player last season youd be making the exact same comments as you are regarding Dorrans, or rather if I was talking about a Stirling Albion player who are bottom of the league.  I think youre wrong and you know youre wrong, which makes me feel better but also confident we wont actually sign him so I'll never be proved right.

He is having a similar season to the one Patiolinen was having before he signed for us, at a higher level, theres folk on the other thread saying Markus is our best signing of the last 5 years! :015:

Your wrong on my views about Cowie, As far as I'm concerned the juries still out on his ability long term. He's had some good games but also some bad. I am one who thinks Markus could prove to be very good.

McAllister is playing as a striker. Woods is playing as a striker and Dorrans is listed on Livi site as a striker. Oh! and Woods is up there now. He is the one stand out in Montrose's fight for promotion. Scoring some but also assisting in many.

I think we should agree to differ on this one.

I think you'll find Baird is Montrose's best forward..  when I saw them v Dumbarton a few weeks ago he and Wood were excellent.

I'm not sure what there is to disagree on, Dorrans is a winger, our youth players are forwards, youve never seen him play and you claim he would be a waste of time because Wood and McAllister might be better than him and because Hamilton and Dundee are top of the league?

If you want to agree to disagree with my view that we should be signing young talented players who are better than McAllister then I'll shake on it.  :003:

No. I've seen them play. They've competed in SPL. Be it first team or reserves and now that they're getting more regular first team action, albeit at a lower level, I believe they will both make the grade at the top level long before Dorrans.

MacAllister has not performed since his loan move and he is a further division below Dorrans.

I think Dorrans would be a really good signing.  I remember seeing him for Scotland last summer on the TV at the World Cup in Canada.  Even though we were pretty poor in most games I remember thinking at the time at least he was having a go, trying to take players on and generally looked good. 

That said he is a right winger and could spell the end to Zanders time at the club.  As much as I think Dorrans would be a really good signing I think we owe it to Zander to give him a proper chance.

No. I've seen them play. They've competed in SPL. Be it first team or reserves and now that they're getting more regular first team action, albeit at a lower level, I believe they will both make the grade at the top level long before Dorrans.

MacAllister has not performed since his loan move and he is a further division below Dorrans.

give him a chance

Like giving Dorrans a chance?

How many chances can you give people? He needs to show promise otherwise he won't be worth retaining simply in the hope of him becoming good.

He's only on a months loan IIRC. Now that Paterson is away that might affect it getting extended (if it hasn't already?)

I find it humorous that a player who most ICT fans never even see is written off because he plays in SFL1 yet someone who has had many games in the SPL and has struggled badly and isn't doing great in SFL2 should be given a chance. Dorrans, currently, is just as likely if not more likely to succeed than Rory.

Played 3 Scored 1?