This Turkey is "Weighed in"

Canada Bob

Got one for you if you don't mind laying the odds...

It's the qualifier for the Irish entry to the Eurovision song contest tonight, and word on the street is that DUSTIN will *iss it...

He's not a bad singer, good looking lad too, but there's a massive gamble on him to win, already backed off the boards from 4/6 early days to 1/6 now.

Billy Hill has him at 2/5  :003: I know that don't sound like much, but a monkey wins you 200 quid/euro  :011: and I'll be trying to get 5 monkeys on to win a grand, if they'll take the bets.

But... knowing Hills {like the rest of 'em} the f'ing price will have gone when I get there  :018: Don't miss this one, this turkey is "weighed in"...

Canada Bob.

Hills took my bet, 2,500 euro to win 1,000 euro, they had to phone Leeds before they'd accept the bet though  :021:

It's all down to Dustin now, but they had him on RTE last night and almost 80% of the folks who phoned in were voting

for Dustin, and there were thousands voting for him, enough to statistically make the result a formality.

You have to see him though, not just a pretty face, but a great singer too, best I've seen compete for the Eurovision Song

Comp in 30 years ! best since ABBA in my opinion, an act that you'll never forget !

I might just grab some of the 20/1 on offer against Dustin winning the Euro Comp outright... don't forget Ireland have won

this 7 times already !

Canada Bob.

The show on RTE was REALLY tough, on all of the contestants, but worse still for Dustin, he got Booed before and after his performance  :017:

As a result he's drifted in the betting to 1.7 on Betfair, but you can't get much on  :007:

Most of the contestants were shyte, so Dustin doesn't have a whole lot of competiton, and this now seasoned performer has a MASSIVE Fan base

here in Ireland. He's been number 1 in the charts, has his own show on TV, and has even considered running as an MP ! even though he didn't actually

run "thousands of people voted for him" so although I've heard better Irish singers , Val Doonican, Jospeh Locke, Eamon Andrews, Anna McGoldrick

Kathy Kirby et-al, Dustin is in a class of his own against this lot.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news/gossip?id=429

Canada Bob.

Bob you will bet on anything :015:, thought you said you had a bit of discipline these days.

Hard to resist this one though, afterall it was all down to a phone in vote on the night, but RTE

had them all on the wireless Friday night asking folks what they thought, and 83% voted for Dustin !

No wonder he was backed down to 1/6 with Boylesports the 2/5 Hills had was stealing money !

and there's not many chances to steal money off Bill Hill, no way that I'd miss it.

I would have voted meself on the night, but that dint seem fair somehow, not to mention it cost 1 euro

per call  :crazy07: I'm not "made of money"  :004:

Canada Bob.