Highland March 4 - The Route

Gringo

Team Gringo has now completed the 'fine tuning' of the route south to Dunfermline and is attatched below.

We will start from the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium at 08:00 hrs on Sunday 30th April and we would appreciate a good send off.

Yes, an early start I know, and it could be tough for some of you to make it especially after celebrating our win at Livingston, but it would be nice to see some of you. At least you'll be able to go back to bed afterwards - we've got 23 miles to walk :roll:

Team Yompa will be a one man band and he will keep the 'tradition' alive by starting out from the TCS after the game against Falkirk on Wednesday night and yomp down the road to catch up with Team Gringo.

It's going to be tough week for all of us and your support would be very much appreciated throughout the route. We would welcome anyone who would like to join us en route - even for a couple of miles - at any stage during the event.

Don't forget to buy your Highland March tickets - only £1.

[attachment deleted by admin]

How about a mass participation first leg next Sunday? Walk the 26 miles from Sneck to Carrbridge then get the train back (there are trains at 5:03pm and 9:03pm...). It would make for a grand day out and remember... the Tomatin Inn's en route!

:wink:

Am I fook!

I'm acting as a consultant to would-be HMers... I'll walk the bit through the woods from Slochd mind... ambush territory!

Yes, Team Gringo will have the flag but, by the time we reach Friday, I reckon it may well be inserted into a certain orifice of Yompa... :shock:

We will all be fully briefed on potential ambush's en route to Sluggan Bridge and well prepared for any attack! :roll:

Right this aint funny anymore lol im doing this walk outta the goodness of me heart and the thought of being ambushed is scaring me :D so i warn my now my mouth will go into overdrive if anybody tries to scare me lol and oh the the fun will start with the singing so please be nice to me for yer own sanitiy !!!

Sanity stops at 8 a.m on 30th.

We will be prepared for any amushes in the woods (and other points along the roue if I know Yompa like I know Yompa). We will be armed with grenade's and other useful items of attack. Which reminds me - someone's nicked my sword from HM3.....

From Sunday just four walkers - plus special guests.

Team Gringo:-

Beatonio

Egg

Gringo Jnr

Gringo

CaleyD is the 'Gringo support crew.

Team Yompa:- (From Wednesday after the Falkirk match)

Yompa

Caley Canary is the 'Yompa support crew.