Season tickets for next season

dumpmaster

Guest Rebelwithoutaclue

I think we'll sell more. I thought this seasons pricing policy was not to bad and as long as changes don't shoot skyward i'll be reasonably happy. Up the prices for the OF hingers though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just checked all the other SPL sites and we are the only SPL club to not have announced the new season ticket prices. Most other clubs have had them on sale for a while now with early bird offers.

Haven't checked all of the 1st division, but the clubs I have checked have their information available.

I really feel that this information has to be available prior to the end of season to catch the fans before the break. I have always made excuses for the club in the past - SPL in Aberdeen - rushed return to Inverness etc etc. But I think the excuses have run out now and we need to get up to speed behind then scenes.

I still expect an announcement shortly (possibly later today), but I think that's too late. There is a lot of administration to be done to process the renewals and any new applications. It looks like it wil be last minute as usual.

I agree. When we were in the first division I used to get a discount on my season ticket if I bought it early enough and I know most other teams have these "early bird" offers. I didn't mind so much the first season we were up as all the arrangements with Pittodrie etc but a bit annoyed we still don't get them. Also I'm going on holiday very soon and need to budget as I'm sure many other people do.

I'm hoping to get season tickets for the main stand this year for the 1st time

I assume there is a cut off point by which time current season ticket holders have to renew there seats??

There will be a cut of point, probably about 4 weeks after they go on sale. Just a guess. Think there could be some seats available though. Section F which is the old family section will inevitably have 1 or 2 seats as the people who had family section seats there were left there to outgrow their seats. Any new seats sold in this section are sold at full main stand prices. As their children grow they have the choice of moving to the North Stand or paying the full price. So every year should see a few of these seats released. They may even try to move them all out to the North Stand as these are seen as premium seats.

I hasten to add that this has not come from within the club - purely my opinion.

I have the following two points relative to the announcement of prices and encouraging youngsters: -

(1) There is no mention of discounted Young Blues STs.

(2) A young person over 15 and under 19 might still be at school and therefore not a student or in full time employment. If they do not have a matriculation card they do not seem to be entitled to concessionary prices. This is a bit harsh if we are trying to get more youngsters along.

Thanks for pointing that out Don. Not so easy to take in at first or even second glance though. I see form another thread on the ICT on the pitch forum that there is also still confusion over Young Blues discounts.

there was me thinking Caley wanted to be diffrent from other SPL teams till i saw season ticket prices . A £2 surcharge for playing against Celtic or Rangers just like other SPL teams so, we are not diffrent , yes charge the away fans but not the home fans. Celtic and Rangers are in the same league as the rest , so could this surcharge be explained to me in a satisfactory manner, we are going to watch Caley and who there opponents are no matter who they are.

Is this further proof that the club is losing more touch with fans and just bothering about money? I think so. A lot of fans have voiced concerns about ticket prices and nothing appears to have been taken on board :007:

To be honest, I am quite happy with a surcharge for Rangers/Celtic games... but I think that an extra £2 there should have resulted in £1 etc coming OFF the price of children's tickets. Our structure for children is awful.

If anything we need a MORE flexible system with gradings for all teams... for the likes of Dunfermline etc, prices should be dropped. If we have 3,000 seats available for most home games, then it is clear that something needs to be done to encourage people along to those games... charging almost £20 for a child does not help.

All I can suggest is that you raise these comments directly with the club via the official site which can be accessed by the link on the bottom of the left hand side of this page.

Might be too late for this season if they have started going on sale now, but it might help for next season.

The other thing I noticed is no early bird incentives which could make the club quite a bit of money. But then again the announcement was so late (by far the latest in the SPL) so I suppose there might not have been time for an early bird scheme.

CONTACT MIKE SMITH