Niculae to Werder Bremin

Jinkystan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what has been posted elsewhere is correct, then Orion all ready have their return on Niculae in the form of ?275,000 worth of shares in the club.  Therefore ICT score ?1.8M  :crazy07:

Heard a rumor over the weekend that Marius is to be sold to Werder Bremen for ?1.8 million. Great piece of business if this is true ... but who would get the money ... ICT / Orion or would it be split ??

Heard a rumor over the weekend that Tokely is to be sold to AC Milan for ?1.8 billion. Great piece of business if this is true ... but who would get the money ... ICT / the Tooth Fairy or would it be split ??

Please select A if you think the Marius story is true

Please select B if you think the Tokely story is true

Please select C if you think both are true

Please select D if you think neither is true

Mostly A, B or C - Dear Friend, I need to deposit USD 25, 000, 000 in a foreign bank account.  Your name has come highly recommended.  Please send me your passport and bank account number.

Mostly D - aw, you looked!

Guest TinCanFan

This defiantely, 100% not true.  Niculae was linked with Bremen during the time he was flying high with thingy Burcherest in the Romanian league.  If anyone truly believes that this is true then they really are living in fantasy land.

Yeah... If he helps Romania reach the final stages at Euro 2008, and scores a couple of hatricks it won't do ICT any harm...  :014:

Maybe Mr Savage should have put his resigning decision on hold, until after these championships...  :024:

No mention anywhere of the story today that Hearts are ready to meet ICT's asking price of ?200,000.  Seems cheap considering Rankin went for ?150,000.

Perhaps it's not been mentioned anywhere as it's very likely a crock of chit  :024:

I don't think we'd have any trouble whatsoever getting Niculae to sign a 1 year extension in the summer if he doesn't get the kind of move he may (or may not) be after.  I also don't think his wages would prove to be a huge stumbling block either, because as I said elsewhere, I now don't believe his weekly wage is anywhere near what is being reported in the press or by people on the forum (including what I've said in the past).

Also, for the kind of money we should be looking for in terms of a transfer fee, I don't think the length of his contract will make any significant difference....it would merely be an Insurance Policy for both the club, to ensure we get something, and for the player, lets not forget he's here on a Visa and if he wants to stay in the UK he has to be at a club where he is making a significant contribution.....I doubt that warming the bench for one of the OF or an EPL club would satisfy that criteria, not to mention the fact that I very much doubt it is what Niculae would want as he strikes me as the kind of player who needs/wants to be playing regularly.

Even though he would remain the highest paid player at the club I think a lot of the hullabaloo is behind us on that one and to ship him for that reason alone would mean we've achieved nothing (other than maybe a few quid in the bank).  We've suffered the pain of breaking the wage structure, and although it may not be something we want to do too often I think it is a step forward....the question now is whether or not the BoD have the balls to carry it through and continue the ambition or whether they want to slink backwards into the comfort zone.

?150,000 / ?200,000 whatever it is from Hearts is a fecking insult IMO to the club and to Marius  :018: and if that is what ICT are asking for then whoever came to that conclusion for the price tag should GTF  :33:

how many times are we going to be pushovers for clubs to sign our players for peanuts, Brown - Celtic, Rankin - Hibs.

We are an SPL club now if those within hadn't noticed :029:

Hibs can get millions for overrated players  :024: not saying we should be likewise , but , at least ?400,000 for Marius, especially if he's going to the Euros.

What i do worry about is if the Orion Group? or whoever are paying the majority of his wages, are they likely to get the majority of the money he's sold for ?  :018:

Orion group sponsor Niculae and I believe would only be entitled to compensation for any monies paid in advance. None of us now what the deal is so there's no point in making assumptions. The one thing to bear in mind though is the clauses in his contract. Like the one that allows him to leave for a non SPL club.

Personally I dont believe this whole Hearts story.

As I understand it, due to the way the money that paid for "some" of Niculaes wages was invested in the club by Orion, they have no claim whatsoever to anything we receive by way of a transfer fee....nor do I believe that Alan Savage would be looking for anything even if they could.  He doesn't strike me as that kind of person.