Free Ale and a shirt to go with it !

Canada Bob

Hi...

I've just had the following email from the club...

Hi Bob

we are holding the Player sponsors night on Tuesday 13th May here at the stadium with a 6pm start.  It is a drinks reception with buffet and a chance to meet the players and get your picture taken with then etc.  As a player sponsor you are entitled to attend with a guest.  If you cannot come you could 'appoint' someone to come in your place - if you PM me your email address I will send over details

RSVP by Friday 2nd May

Angela

Here's the thing though, I'll be on me way back to Canada this Sunday, so I won't be able to pick it up, nor have the free pint, other than that I can't remember what we said we were going to do with this ? was it to be given to the winner of the Comp ? or what, anyone remember ?

Canada Bob.

If I recall rightly the sponsorship was paid for from ICT_Aways winnings from last season...so "technically" the prize should probably go to him.  However as he's in Australia I can't see him flying in for this one, but we should at least arrange to get the signed shirt sent his way.  Perhaps he has someone over here he may wish to attend in his place.

Hello CaleyD...

I can't remember what the intention was, {hence the post}, I'm also not sure of the "value" of the shirt, or the cost of shipping it to Oz etc, but whatever we decided on {if we did} or whatever is fair, works for me.

As far as the free ale do, where I suppose there's a chance to meet the team, it's for 2 folks, it would have been me and a guest, but seeing as how I can't be there then there's room for two folks from our Comp

to attend. I'm not sure who would want to go, or how we decide who goes, but as a suggestion maybe the winner of the Comp and the bloke who's been running it for us all season, I think that would be fair, but I'm open to any suggestions on that.

Canada Bob.

I wouldn't be able to attend as I'll be driving the support vehicle for the ICT fans walking the 142+ miles from Falkirk to Inverness from 10th to 17th May.  Quite a few of the people who play the comp are from outside Inverness, so probably worth starting at Reef and failing that opening it up to anyone who is available.

Hi Don...

Works for me, pity you can't go though...

Reef can you go ? do you want to go ? should be a good do by all accounts...

I'd appreciate it if you guys could sort it out between you asap, as the do is on May 2nd.

Might be an idea if we take a list of folks who would want to go ? and then take {maybe} the first name and add Reef to that ?

If Reef can't go then maybe the first 2 folks to get their names down ? hope this don't tread on anyone's toes...

Canada Bob.

Hi Clacher...

Looks as though no one wants to go ! so it's up to you then, take yerself and a mate, it's no just the free ale and the pies,

it'll be a good chance to meet the players.

My email should be working, so drop me a line ASAP so that we get this sorted out with Angela at the Club, be sure to pick the

jersey up for us, pass it on to CaleyD if you would, he'll know what to do with it...

Canada Bob.

We're down to the wire now on this "Meet the Players" thing, with less than 24 hours to go, and still no names of folks who can attend. Be a shame to let it go with none of us there, especially when some of the folks in the General Forum would want to be there, so...

I'm going to post the offer in the "Anything Goes" Forum, on a first come first served / if you snooze you lose, basis...

Canada Bob.

Well, I can't figure it out, but no one seems to be interested in "meeting the players" and having a free drink

{and maybe a pie} with them, am I missing something here  :017:

Looks like I'll have to go back to Angela Wilson in the front office and say that no one is up for it, I'm amazed,

I'd like to know what they think  :rolleyes02:

Canada Bob.

Works for me, it would be a real shame for the tickets to go beggin'...

If you can get hold of Angela Wilson at the Club she'll sort it for you.

Hope that you and yer lad have a great night out...

Canada Bob.