Worst Player Of the Year

true jaggy

Guest caley till AYE die

evryone has preforemed well and worked well as a team and worked well as a team!

for worst manager paul lambert

Guest allygray

cud admin delete this post?im fed up with stupid negative posts like this, we hav just finished 7th with 58 points, massive improvement from last year.Congrats to the team

Guest caley till AYE die

yes i agree with allygray wish people would stop being so negative after a brilliant season,how many points did we finnish on last season anyway?

I feel it is a sign of immaturity to have thread with this nonsense on it!!

They are hero's - one and all.

You can not have the position in the league - sorry the points in the league - without the whole unit working.

Points - wonderful

Goals against - wonderful

Dargo goals - wonderful

And you have the audacity to have a thread with a heading like this!!

Grow UP!!

Best form of defence is attack.

Rather than delete the thread, I think everyone has dealt with it well.

I agree, there are no worst players. They are a team and they work as a team. I know of one player who gets pelters from the support, but he is very much appreciated by the team. Not every player can be a Dargo and score 20 goals a season, but they all have a job to do and do it well.

Yup - they are stars, one and all, whether they played every game or came in as cover for a game or two. Not every individual performance has been great, players have had off-days and one or two are very 'raw' but the overall team effort is to be thoroughly commended.

Some people still like to belittle ICT in the media, pat us on the head and continue to treat us like the wee team from the highlands, let them continue to do that at their own peril !!! (To be fair, a few media types are now coming round to the fact that ICT are a decent side !!!)

However, some of our supporters also do a good job of running down the team as well .... but there have been a few good comments from Charlie and Barry in the last few days that say things far better than I can .....

Charlie Christie: speaking in the Highland News

A few people out there, as you always get in football unfortunately, wanted me to fail but you accept that in life. The good thing is that for every person who wants me to slip up, there about three dozen out there who want to me succeed and I've got to keep reminding myself that.

"I do take this club extremely seriously and no-one can question my commitment to this club over the years. I said I'd give this job my very best shot and, while it's still very early days, I think I have made a stamp on the team in terms of our style of play, the change of personnel at times has had a positive effect and I'm really looking forward to next season.

"I took advice from a lot of people in the game, but the main reason I accepted this job was I knew the type of players I was inheriting, I played with 80 per cent of them. They are excellent players with excellent attitudes and I'm very pleased overall by how things have gone.

Barry Wilson: speaking in various newspapers

"The players know the importance of finishing seventh in the SPL table. It's no secret that we are not the highest-paid group of players but the board have been tremendous and have shared the proceeds with us. I think the last few weeks have shown that the boys like a pound or two. Bonuses make up a large percentage of our wages at times and that shows in our play.

Everyone is under contract at Caley Thistle so if Dundee United want them they will have to come in and pay money. This club has been great to people and hasn't stood in the way of players who wanted to move and better themselves financially. United would probably fall into that category but I don't think there's any question that Inverness Caley Thistle are a better side than them.

I'm not trying to be controversial. It's a fact because for the past two seasons we have finished above them in the league. This club brings the best out of their players and, no disrespect to United, that's not something that has happened at Tannadice for a number of years.

am convinced Craig will change that eventually down there but at the moment the guys are getting their chance here. They play for a good club and they have the support of a fantastic board.

There was some talk about me leaving but Craig Brewster said to me at the start of the season that if I proved myself here he would extend my contract and he did so in January, just a few weeks before he left. Inverness have also said they are going to give me a benefit game next season. It speaks volumes for the players that we bounced back from the disappointment of missing out on the top six by winning all our games and keeping five clean sheets.

We are now established in the SPL and at no stage over the past two years have we looked like being relegated. The aim now is to break into the top six. Last year we finished eighth and this time around it was seventh so going one better seems like the natural progression. We have a very solid foundation and if the manager gets in the players he wants we will get stronger. I have signed until the end of next season and from now on I'll just be taking things on a yearly basis - until the fat lady sings. I feel I have a few years in me yet and as long as I keep looking after myself I can definitely cut it at this level.

this reminds me of Robert Conner at Aberdeen who was slated by the fans every time he played.

Every team needs these type of players they are only appreciated when not playing ,fans say we are crap today why?

its these players who do the donkey work and are unappreciated except for their fellow pros, yes they may give the ball away, take the wrong option from time to time

but we need them

Just want to add my support for the players to what’s already been written. They might not be super-stars, but for everything that they’ve achieved over the past season and before they’re heroes. Three managers have gone on to so-called ‘bigger’ teams and, so far, failed to equal the success here. This shows just how much players are putting in week in, week out.

And when it comes to a situation when some of our players feel happier playing in away games rather than at home?! How badly does that reflect on us? I know that we would give anything to swap with the players for even a couple of minutes, and try to influence the game from the pitch, but we can’t (my park football skills just wouldn’t cut it in the SPL!). All we can do is get right behind the players, and if you hear some supporters getting on a player’s back, then just make sure you shout louder in support of him!

• 2 weeks later...

Let's face it , the guy who cracks negative needs a head review. My first reaction was ''"bah, humbug, ban the post". then I thought, no, just let it run it will draw out the posiutivity in all us fans who appreciate the fantastic efforts of the players ythis season just finished. But I do agree with IHE --we should have won the Champions League and thisa slip up cannot go un-noticed! :016: