Callum Elliott

I feel sorry for the guy, he has'nt even signed for us and he's getting pelters already. For the money we can afford to spend who the feck do you think we are going to sign. This club has an astounding record of signing players with potential and getting the best out of them, I think CE could be an example of this and given the chance could be a great player for ICT.

Don't listen to them Calum, come and join the best club in Scotland. ( and good luck to you if you don't ).

good point action man, i sopke to a hearts fan on another forum who thinks a change of scene would do him the world of good. he suffered from poor form then the hearts bans got on his back which is not easy to come back from. very unfair to be written off without even having a chance.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for the guy, he has'nt even signed for us and he's getting pelters already. For the money we can afford to spend who the feck do you think we are going to sign. This club has an astounding record of signing players with potential and getting the best out of them, I think CE could be an example of this and given the chance could be a great player for ICT.

Don't listen to them Calum, come and join the best club in Scotland. ( and good luck to you if you don't ).

Agreed.

I love all the positivity on this forum!

What an amateur Graeme Bennett really is. Blabbing his mouth off about transfer targets again. Only a few days ago he was speaking to the Inverness Courier stating:

"It would obviously be foolish of us to confirm who are other targets are, so we have to try and keep things quiet, but we are speaking to clubs every day about players, so it's not true at all to say we have no one else lined up."

Then he speaks to the Press & Journal coming out and naming the exact targets he previously said we should be keeping quiet about:

"Calum is one of several players we are looking at. He is a young player with potential and it might be a good thing for him to join Caley Thistle and get away from the pressure of playing for Hearts."

:017:

you would think after the amount of players we have missed out on because of this sort of incompetence that the board would actually learn

:008: :008:KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT UNTIL THE DEAL IS DONE!!!  :008: :008:

I would be happy to see Elliott at ICT for what it's worth

During this weeks press conference a reporter asks, "is it true your going after Callum Elliott"? Graeme Bennet replies, " we are having a look at him along with a number of other players". Isn't Grassa damned no matter what he says. He answers yes to a simple question and he's blabbing to the press. People should realise that journo's are renowned the world over for taking a comment as being gospel and for spinning that comment into a major story. Folks complain about the lack of publicity then when it happens they also complain.

Calum Elliot has expressed he would like to work with Brewster given the opportunity and depending on what happens at Hearts as he wants out thats according to the P&J.  Says until the new manager comes in he can't do anything.  I say give him a chance here if we have the opportunity and let the board and manager get on with their jobs and see what they come up with before the transfer window shuts.

I know the link was posted above but Calum Elliot's dancing is hilarious my jambo mate showed me this a while back:

During this weeks press conference a reporter asks, "is it true your going after Callum Elliott"? Graeme Bennet replies, " we are having a look at him along with a number of other players". Isn't Grassa damned no matter what he says.Folks complain about the lack of publicity then when it happens they also complain.

I'm sorry Alex but it's not a case of "damned if you do damned if you don't". He's already stressed the need to "keep things quiet" on the transfer front with regards to naming players who ICT want to sign. As Harry Chibber said, if he gets asked "Rumours are you are after Callum Elliot Graeme?" then all he needs to say is "We are looking at a number of players for next season but we aren't going to name names." He doesn't need to come out and name the target therefore there is no chance of any spin being put on it.

Several people on this forum have already said they are happy to simply know that the club are looking for players without actually saying who they are. The publicity that posters seem to require is merely "We have our eyes on a striker with an SPL club" and that will tide most of them over knowing they are looking.

I tend to agree with RIG. As far as Callum Elliot is concerned, two years ago I thought that he was a great prospect and I would have been deloghted to see him at ICT but, if anything he seems to have gone backwards in the last two seasons.

I know that he didn't set the heather on fire on loan at Motherwell but maybe a change of club might help kick start his career.

As with Barrowman, I think players like Elliot are worth taking a chance on, but they need to be brought in alongside someone who you are confident, or who has proven, they will get results.

If we had been looking at either play with a view to bringing them in alongside Marius (or Wyness had he not moved) then I'd maybe be a bit more enthusiastic about the whole thing, but as we're looking to take a punt on players yet to prove themselves with nobody in there alongside who already has, then it's shear folly and far too much of a risk.

Action Man - We can attract better players than Elliott trust me, you obviously havent seen him play much. He has a poor first touch, hardly scores and is tempremental, would rather see Rory or Bayne in attack.

Aye Bayne and Rory have an amazing first touch,  and both score goals for fun.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Comment from Brewster at the end of This Article saying that Hearts will likely need to appoint a new manager before a deal can be done.

That means, not only are we messing around waiting on Barrowman, but we'll also be hanging around waiting to see what the situation is with Elliot.  :029:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mahonio

Now that Hearts have a new manager maybe Brew will try to sign Elliot who would be a great signing in my mind.

However, i am worried that Cal might not come up here but we have to at least try as we can't keep nicking county good player.

Would rather see a player that is actually well thought of and being chased by other clubs...like Snodgrass or Donaldson.

This guy has a poor touch, is tempremental and aint scored nearly enough.

BBC reporting that we are close to completing the signing.

Quote from Bennett confirms that talks reopened positively after Hearts got a manager in place.

Would be a good signing in that it gives Rory some much needed competition for the Headless Chicken role.

:019:  :019:  :019: