How to increase the home crowds?

absent friend

I dont know if our kids prices are any different to other clubs so cant comment there. However, though I agree with promoting the club to the young ones, a balance has to be struck that will increase revenue. Its ok saying let the kids in at knock down prices or even free but every seat a child occupies is a potential adult fee. What we need is a balance that will increase both adult and child support. One of the things that would help is to make the game more entertaining. Pre match and half time activities, perhaps a pipe band, competitions etc. Make the game a worthwhile family day out.

Alex, I would assume that if an offer from the club for free/discounted kids seats IF accompanied by a PAYING adult would be for selected games where they know that there will few bums on seats, but I take your point for the bigger games.

It is also a good sale if the adult is dragged along initially and then becomes a regular either by choice or child choice and therefore the initial loss you refer to could result in a gain for the club.

I also think that another plus would be the noise generated by a bunch of kids could at least drown out the silence so often evident at the stadium.

This last point could maybe address the area made by others that the team do not seem to perform at home - fear factor maybe, in front of critical fans - yes I accept they are pros and should be above that, but look at the Aberdeen teams performance when the fans turned on them and the change when they got a few good results. It is a chicken and egg situation and the fans pay good money to shout if not satisfied - but the guys on the park are human and their feelings must percolate to the top at times and result in laying the ball off instead of trying a constructive move that may bring a howl if it does not come off. The kids could drown some of the agressive howl out or maybe provide a balance.

Just my thoughts!!

Hopefully we will manage a few good wins at home and that will inturn increase the crowds. I would love to see more kids involved which will drag parents down to the match. I wonder if the club read these sites or ignore them. On the off chance that they read them, I would love to see more things to buy that were ICT. My son would love a Cally Duvet. I think that the demand would be there, if it was kept simple with just the club logo and maybe team colours or plain white. We are a SPL team, and it seems a shame that he could get another clubs bedding for his room and not his own team that he supports fanatiCALLY. Ah yes before anyone comes back we will not be buying a dodgy SPL teams merchandise.

I wonder if the club read these sites or ignore them.
Although they dont post, and dont always do anything with suggestions or comments put forward, many ICT people read the site very carefully !!!

Hopefully we will manage a few good wins at home and that will inturn increase the crowds. I would love to see more kids involved which will drag parents down to the match. I wonder if the club read these sites or ignore them. On the off chance that they read them, I would love to see more things to buy that were ICT. My son would love a Cally Duvet. I think that the demand would be there, if it was kept simple with just the club logo and maybe team colours or plain white. We are a SPL team, and it seems a shame that he could get another clubs bedding for his room and not his own team that he supports fanatiCALLY. Ah yes before anyone comes back we will not be buying a dodgy SPL teams merchandise.

Watch the space in the new super dooper shop.....

Hopefully word will be out soon! (bedding, borders...)