Who would we miss the most??

kencar

The transfer rumour mill seems to be kicking well and truly into gear now with Proctor, Black, Dodds & Dargo apprearing to be the most likely to leave/most coveteted!!

So which players would we be likely to miss the most if they decided the grass was greener on the other side??

In my opinion Dargo would potentially be the biggest blow but in saying that is he likely to score 20 goals again next season??

Dodds has been Mr Consistent since he came into the side but Caff is a more than able replacement.

Black a firm fans favourite plays in a position that we already have adequate depth in and Proctor is a just squad player really

I think the biggest challenge would be finding replacements rather than losing these players. There departures would bring some revenue into the club but in saying that we would need to find players who we can afford, would be willing to move up here and indeed improve the quality of the squad.

Dargo would definitely be the biggest loss. Finding another 20 goal a season striker would be a huge task. It's not just his goals though, his all round play, which is exceptional, would be sorely missed. Our goalscoring options for next year worry me if we lose Dargo. Neither Wyness or Rory did anything to impress me in the last few months of the season.

Black...great player, but the way Keogh played at the end of the season maybe we already have a natural replacement. As much as I like Black I do think he can be a bit of a liability at times, and he could well end up missing parts of the season through suspensions/injuries that he picks up through his style of play.

Dods has been fantastic, but in McCaffrey we have an ideal replacement.

Proctor...good player, but not a first team selection anyway, and seems to be very injury prone.

Losing any of these players would be a big loss IMO, but, with the exception of Dargo, they are all replaceable. What worries me is if we do lose all of them, then we may well still have a decent first team, but the strength in depth would be severely lacking.

i hope none of them go, i f****ing hate brewster. proctor can go for the right price, but i hope that black dodds and dargo stay. if we are to establish ourselves like we have done this season we have to keep our best players.lets hope the players show some loyalty.

Apart from Dargo who has been linked with Coventry, the other 3 appear to only be firmly linked with Dundee United at the moment, and I think in reality their is now way they could afford all 3 - and thats assuming any of the 3 want to move to Dundee United.

We get this speculation every year, and evenwhen players do move on we always seem to replace them with equal or better. We cringed at the thought of Dods signing, and he proved a different player when he arrived, same with Dargo and others over the years. Finding these players can't have been down to a specific manager when you consider we have had Pele, Robbo, Brewster and Charlie.

The talent for spotting a bargain has to be placed elsewhere within the club, and we have 2 consistant factors on that front - Bennett and Charlie who has always been a sounding board for managers (especially Brewster) on a lot of things.

We have proven time and again that ICT are bigger than any individual, and I gave up worrying about individual players moving on a long time ago.

I'll worry about our position when we line up for the first game of the season.

Have to agree with you 100% davieB - you pretty much said what I was thinking.

Dargo was by far and away our most valuable player and I bet not many folk would have thought that after his first few appearances!! Without him our striking options look rather limited to say the least. Replacing him would be VERY difficult as every club is looking for someone to put the ball in the net

Thought Keogh looked great when he came back - Black may have to move to get a game anyway :004:

I don't think we can criticise players if they choose to leave for financial reasons. I think the vast majority of us would leave our jobs to go somewhere else if they were paying more to do the same thing.

While I agree that no one player is mightier than the ship, if we were to lose 4 (or more) in one go it would be difficult for Charlie to fill all those holes easily.

I trust Grassa and Charlie to come up with the goods and hope they can persuade those contemplating a move to stay with us and if they cant keep them, to get good replacements. I also trust our chairman to be a hard man to bargain with if the grocer or any other chairman comes looking to unsettle our players or pick them up for bargain basement prices.

For what its worth .... here's my tuppenceworth

Dargo - 20 goal strikers are not easy to find. We do NOT have anyone in our squad that would fill this position alongside Denzil. Charlie would have to find a player to do this and thats not easy to do. Dargo wasnt exactly prolific before he came to us, and even when he first arrived it took a long time to get off the mark but look at him now ... very difficult to find a player you think can do it and then be proved right ....

Black - The return of Liam Keogh towards the end of last season eased the pain of Black's absence through injury and the same would be the case if he were to go, but I would quite like to see them play together in our midfield ... a pair of terriers.

Dods - Again, hard to replace as he is 'the machine', but Caff would ease the pain as he is capable of slotting into that spot. We also have Golly, Hastings, Proctor*, Tokely and Munro in our defensive unit so painful though it might be, we could get over this loss.

Proctor - He is Rossco's understudy and as we have seen Caff can also play at RB. I think he will continue to develop and although I would like him to stay, he would be the easiest to replace.

Brown - Michael Fraser has shown himself to be an able deputy, but is he capable of being first team keeper week in and week out ? I dont know, I have never seen him play.

If Craig wants to go to a bigger club we should not stand in his way if the price is right. Collect £100k because Craig has not been a consistent goalscorer in his career and next year may well be his hardest living up to his achievement this year - Kilmarnock 5 seasons 21 goals, ICT 1 season 20 goals.He has worked his socks off and we should not be unkind to him if he wants to truy it at a bigger club as he reaches 30 years of age.

We have a stack of players who can score with Denzil due a big season.