Dods - not the rumour.......

Richard_Fairbrass

Heard from a good source that United won't stand in his way should he want to play regular 1st team football again as he's now deemed back up at United. Kenneth & Wilkie are 1st choice with Kovo, Dillon & Grainger all able to play at CH if needed. Because of the rota of having to have so many U21 players in your squad Dods will be sitting in the stand most weeks, only getting stripped if injuries dictate.

ICT are aware of this & did enquire last week about taking him on loan. It hasn't come to anything yet but thats not to say it's dead.

Thoughts?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard from a good source that United won't stand in his way should he want to play regular 1st team football again as he's now deemed back up at United. Kenneth & Wilkie are 1st choice with Kovo, Dillon & Grainger all able to play at CH if needed. Because of the rota of having to have so many U21 players in your squad Dods will be sitting in the stand most weeks, only getting stripped if injuries dictate.

ICT are aware of this & did enquire last week about taking him on loan. It hasn't come to anything yet but thats not to say it's dead.

Thoughts?

While I would like to see him back, I very much doubt he will come back up here.

Quite a difficult decision. Jamie is beginning to develop and one more good game against Falkirk next week and he might become a regular.

McGuire still needs a bit of time to settle after his operation. I am not sure if he is still subject to injury - he looked a bit uncomfortable today.

Grant will surely return shortly.

Dods is big and powerful and relatively calming so a loan would be useful to rotate and establish the best mixture. We may just have bid for Bamba but as time goes on Jamie may just prove to be a top class player. Fletcher did not enjoy the crunching tackle today and in general Jamie's confidence grew at a time we seemed to completely lose the game.

Let's hope Jamie plays a blinder against Arbroath and we take a good result forward to Falkirk.

Not a rumour anymore. Dods is on his way if some minor details can be sorted out. Don't know what these details are.

Darren is on his way back - the minor details are that he wishes to relocate and the enticement of a potential coaching position at the end of his contract - at the end of a loan if he does the business.

Ok, what with all these apparent "sources"; you have my attention. I look forward to the next week or so of the transfer window...

Who are my sources? "sources edited out"

No deal has been agreed.......... yet. Inverness want to know by Monday/Tuesday at the latest if Dods is willing to come back on loan to start with.

Edited by Richard_Fairbrass

Why was this moved to the rumour section?

Firstly, I was asking what peoples thoughts were on him returning to Inverness.

Secondly, It's not a rumour.

As nothing has been officially released about the matter by the club(s) or player.

Many people will take your word as gospel; but that is all we have to go on at the moment. The fun i've had on AFC Chat reading about how "My sources confirm... Ian Black, Don Cowie, Paul Caddis and even Patrick Kluivert!!! are joining the Dons this summer (all on free transfers)".

Does that make sense as to why it's in Rumours?

Keep up the good snooping though :rotflmao:

Why was this moved to the rumour section?

Firstly, I was asking what peoples thoughts were on him returning to Inverness.

Secondly, It's not a rumour.

As nothing has been officially released about the matter by the club(s) or player.

Many people will take your word as gospel; but that is all we have to go on at the moment. The fun i've had on AFC Chat reading about how "My sources confirm... Ian Black, Don Cowie, Paul Caddis and even Patrick Kluivert!!! are joining the Dons this summer (all on free transfers)".

Does that make sense as to why it's in Rumours?

Keep up the good snooping though :rotflmao:

"even Patrick Kluivert!!!"

OYF LOL :thumb04:

I know what you're saying.

Please, bring him in. I couldn't stand the guy when he first came in but 'Machine' was a tag well earned - unless somebody's gonna kidnap Bobby and stick him in a Turkish bath for a couple of weeks, Darren is first name on the sheet.

Ok, what with all these apparent "sources"; you have my attention. I look forward to the next week or so of the transfer window...

Who are my sources? "sources edited out"

No deal has been agreed.......... yet. Inverness want to know by Monday/Tuesday at the latest if Dods is willing to come back on loan to start with.

dont want him on loan,permenant deal or nowt

Have to agree with mr fairass - this is not a rumour - it is the talk of the Heathmount and the Fairways - fer once openly discussed by ICT staff. I think that this will end up as a loan move - and that probably does make sense - Dodsy has to prove that he can still cut the mustard. He will have to the next transfer window to do that - and then it is down to wage negotiations and career discussions. I think that the Machine is made for us - could also lead to Duff partnering Dods and Granty moving to left back - giving us a lot of central defensive cover - and a special Xmas pressie of hoofing Maguire out of the dump.

The difficulty about a loan move is the player himself. My understanding is that he'd move if he got a two year deal and some coaching input but is not so keen to come back on loan.

He's no very keen on a loan move. Thats why he asked for time to think about it. All the travelling nearly ended his relationship when he was last here. My understanding is that Inverness were unwilling to offer him anything other than a loan deal to start with, with an option of an extra year.

It's not about money. The offer Inverness made to him before he moved to United was more than the basic he got at Tannadice but utd have bigger bonus's/appearance fee's. Inverness's current wages are a bit higher now so he could easily fit into the structure.

He wants to come back, Inverness want him back & I have the feeling that a season long loan with another years option will do it.