New deals on the table...

RossP

Caley Thistle will offer new contracts to five key players in attempt to ward off interest from other clubs.

Craig Dargo, Mark Brown, Ian Black, David Proctor and Darren Dods will be given the chance to sign extended deals.

All five are believed to be targets of Dundee United manager Craig Brewster - who has admitted his interest in Black, Proctor and Dods.

The players are under contract until the end of next season and, although Arabs chairman Eddie Thompson has not yet sanctioned any bids, Caley Thistle vice-chairman Graeme Bennett is aware of the United threat.

Bennett said: "We are fortunate all of our players are signed for another year and some are signed for two, but we are discussing new contracts with those who only have a year left.

"We are in a positive position rather than a desperate one. Even if we lost the likes of Black, he is under the age of 23, so we are protected by the rule which means we would receive compensation for him.

"We have opened talks with all the players as we do not want to find ourselves in such a situation."

Although Inverness are believed to have a put a £100,000 price tag on former Blackburn Rovers midfielder Black, Bennett claims he has not put a price on any of manager Charlie Christie's squad.

But he concedes every player has his price and said: "We don't have a valuation of Ian Black or anyone else.

"If anyone is interested in any of our players, they can put a formal offer in for them because we are not putting a bounty on anybody's head.

"Craig Brewster has spoken to me about a couple of players, but nothing more has been said. The way we left things was United's board was going to come up with an offer, something they are entitled to do, and we would have to consider anything realistic which came in. I must stress, however, Caley Thistle are in no hurry to sell any of their players."

Spot on Caley, if we can keep our team together for next season and beyond we really will be pushing for higher league positions.

[mod="CaleyD"]In order to keep your butt covered, it is recommended that you include a link or reference to the source when copying and pasting information from other sites[/mod]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be worthwhile for our players to sign a years extension, with perhaps a mimimum fee release clause; that way they get security, and caley cover our backs should the bigger fish come sniffing along with their chequebooks.

Guest Benchy

I can tell you for free if you like:

Dargo = leaving

Brown = Happy enough to stay

Dods and Black = On the fence, most likely to leave

Proctor = leaving

for free

Thats two words that Dundee Utd aren't going to hear from us!

100,000 pesetas!! How many crowns/farthings and sixpences did Eddie Thompson pay for his last signing?

I can tell you for free if you like:

Dargo = leaving

Brown = Happy enough to stay

Dods and Black = On the fence, most likely to leave

Proctor = leaving

Here's something for free Benchy - United are a sh1te team who can't afford any of our first team players, the sooner you get used to the idea that your moment of glory is well and truly in the past the easier it will be on you.

Spot on - Mee - United's 15 mins of fame has well & truly past - they are in a decaying city that can hardly support 1 football team, let alone 2. Anybody leaving Caley for Dundee needs his head examined.....

The players will have to bear in mind that Brewster could well be out of a job by the new year and the new United manager may have very differentviews on his squad especially if he's in place by the january transfer window.

Guest cantbeatus

Spot on - Mee - United's 15 mins of fame has well & truly past - they are in a decaying city that can hardly support 1 football team, let alone 2. Anybody leaving Caley for Dundee needs his head examined.....

Decaying city, aye good ain, Dundee is improving rather than decaying, better than it was say a decade back.

As for our 15minutes...i'd say 15-17 years is hardly 15minutes and its more than either of our clubs will ever have again.

Disagree about needing there heads checked, United have far more potential than ICT, if we had a team going for europe we would average over 9.5k no probs (more if we had a romanov type) and thats without our derby crowds, we are still seen as one of the top few clubs in Scotland no matter what anyone wants to say (15mins bla blah whatever), yes ICT are a well run club and have been on the up for a good few seasons and i have the utmost respect for the way they have gone about things and performed so far in there 2 SPL seasons but you arent yet a better prospect or close to it than United.

Fact is we still have a decent fanbase, many thousands of stay away fans, a lot of whom would flock back if we had a good team on the field...averaged 8,211 & 8,197 the last 2 season despite being absolute mince and with no derby last season.

As for Brewster, he will be in a job after christmas and beyond barring an absolute distaster he will be given time.

Guest cantbeatus

Surely that time Brewster has been in charge of UInited already has been a bit of a disaster.

Yes and no, results wise its been very poor after the first month, however our season was already over then and we've been playing meaningless games for the last 3months, we were never going to do anything but finish around 9th, in his time though he has started to prepare for the future, telling a lot of players they were leaving and blooded a lot of youngsters (United have blooded more younsters this season than any other team) a couple of whom gave us optimism for the future in the last few games, greg cameron & kenneth in particular both arabs.

Guest cantbeatus

Why on earth is a Utd fan calling himself "cantbeatus"? :015:

Made it for a hun board during the 7 game run they didnt beat us...just started using it

on other boards!

Guest kingkojak

brewsters managerial tactics at yenited so far have been complete sh*te.

as for your username :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

heres a suggestion - CANbeatus4-2 :016:

Caley D, CB is a lot smarter than you seem to give him credit for, do you think he would have played those players if he had an option ? One other question, when he came to ICT, 2nd bottom was the team's position if i recall, have you and others who regularly criticise him got selective amnesia. It's obvious to me that if he had not done so well here then he would not be mentioned on these forums by now !! Be fair.

YOU DON'T FRIGHTEN US TANGERINE PEEG DOGS GO AND BOIL YOUR BOTTOMS YOU SONS OF A SILLY PERSON, YOU'RE MOTHER WAS HAMSTER AND YOUR FATHER SMELT OF ELDERBERRIES YOU CHEESSY SECOND HAND ELECTRIC DONKEY BOTTOM BITERS, I BLOW MY NOSE AT YOU, YOU FEELTHY ARAB K-NNNNNNNNNN-IG-HITS.... :moon06: