New deals on the table...

RossP

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At feckin last..a post that makes feckin sense. What are all these diddy Arabs doing on here. They are doomed to be a diddy club and have narrowly avoided relegation in the last two seasons. They may well end up in the SFL in 2007-2008. I bet they will spout their little pathetic feckin history lessons soon. This is 2006 and ICT are a better run club, with better players, better results, better fans, a better manager and the potential to grow. In comparison to Dungdee Sneck is a Riviera resort.

Guest kingkojak

CBS -'barring a complete disaster' ?? what would you class as a complete disaster then?

remember that you currently dont have a regular first 6/7 let alone a first XI, im guessing that your team are playing for survival next season!

:015: :015:

Guest cantbeatus

At feckin last..a post that makes feckin sense. What are all these diddy Arabs doing on here. They are doomed to be a diddy club and have narrowly avoided relegation in the last two seasons. They may well end up in the SFL in 2007-2008. I bet they will spout their little pathetic feckin history lessons soon. This is 2006 and ICT are a better run club, with better players, better results, better fans, a better manager and the potential to grow. In comparison to Dungdee Sneck is a Riviera resort.

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: funny guy.

Why are we doomed to be a diddy club, and if we are a diddy club that would make ICT a diddlee diddlee diddy diddy team :004:

We narrowly avoided relegation in 2004/2005(still reached a major cup final, how many have you reached?)...your first season in history in the SPL (and suddenly we are the diddy club).

This season no we were comfortable safe, albeit because of how poor Livi were.

Guest cantbeatus

CBS -'barring a complete disaster' ?? what would you class as a complete disaster then?

remember that you currently dont have a regular first 6/7 let alone a first XI, im guessing that your team are playing for survival next season!

:015: :015:

We may well be, its going to take time, us Arabs know it and Brew himself knows it that its not an overnight fix, we accept that we could struggle again next season, its hard to predict how it will go for teams in the SPL outside the OF & now Hearts.

What i meant by a complete disaster is...cut adrift at the bottom and on our way to division 1...i don't envisage that happening.

Guest Benchy

Indulge me, why do you think Christie is having this meeting with Brewster?

It's obvious, the players touted (Black, Dargo, Dods and Proctor) all want to leave, but under good terms. This is what they are trying to agree, the best avenue with minimum fuss and a decent, realistic fee within the climate of scottish football, not your "pie in the sky" fees!

Black: £50k at the very, very most!

Dargo: £60-70k

Dods: £50k at the very, very most!

Proctor £30k

Now, Barry Robson is a better player than all 4 on his day, and he cost no more than £50k. Be realistic, I just dont want you to revolt against your chairman and manager when it happens, it would be a shame.

Why do I think Christie is having this meeting?

Probably to find out if Brewster can put his money where his over-talkative mouth is. I think it is a case of put up the money, or stop trying to unsettle half our squad. If ET wants to give us a sum which our board are happy with for Black, Proctor and perhaps Dargo then fine, we'll take it. But there is no need to indulge in tactics designed to unsettle players.

So, all in all, I suspect Charlie is trying to lead by example in terms of showing some professionalism by conducting the dealings through a private meeting and not through whichever paper decides to give him a phone.

Benchy you may well end up with some, if not all of those players you listed but it'll cost you more than the figures you quoted.

I reckon 300k at LEAST for all 4. Then you would have to fork out wages,etc - so you'd be spending maybe 450K+. Do you United have that anymore??

On top of that you would still need 3 or 4 more players!!

Also did you not get Robson on a Bosman?

'Now, Barry Robson is a better player than all 4 on his day' :015:

Alright, you have just proved what a *** you are.

Its obvious that you are seeing the world through orange specs, the third top goalscorer in Scotland is worth more than 60k, however Brew is interested in Black and Proctor - no more untill he off loads some of the flotsam that is parading about Tannadice at present.

If you want to see the future for Dee utd, just go alaong the street pal.

And dont forget, Robson was a 1st div player at the time.

Guest Benchy

'Now, Barry Robson is a better player than all 4 on his day' :015:

Alright, you have just proved what a *** you are.

Its obvious that you are seeing the world through orange specs, the third top goalscorer in Scotland is worth more than 60k, however Brew is interested in Black and Proctor - no more untill he off loads some of the flotsam that is parading about Tannadice at present.

If you want to see the future for Dee utd, just go alaong the street pal.

And dont forget, Robson was a 1st div player at the time.

More than half of your post is drivel that I cant make out so i'll try my best here. I know you fans are new to the SPL, I can accept that. But if you look around and other transfer fees being paid you will see where I'm coming from. The "flotsam" are currently in negotiations with other clubs bar Paul Ritchie who nobody wants, ET will slip him a few quid to toddle off.

Robson was playing First Division football at the time (can you notice the difference in phrase from what I said and what you have said?). He had taken to SPL football like a duck to water.

I do hope that CC and CB manage to sort these things out, the sooner it can be negotiated the better in my opinion. It isnt as easy as the players wanting to leave nowadays, clubs will step in their way even if it isn't in their own or the players best interests.

Kencar,

I think Brewster is crazy to pay the figures you are banding around, the players are not worth it in the slightest. However, I trust the managers judgement, and if that is who he wants then so be it, whether it be for a fee now or for free next summer. As for the rest of the squad, the other names touted are coming on bosmans.

I love these United fans with ideas above their station. Fact: you were a big team and have done well int he past. Fact: For the last 7, 8 or maybe even 9 seasons you have, bar 2, finished int he bottomf half of the SPL and have been about 6 points away from relegation - at best!! Doesn't sound like you have a lot to crow about. But then again, I forgot that a team is only as big as its fanbase and not its actual footballing achievments :006:

Yinited will get Black and they will get Proctor but I don't think they will get anyone else.

But if you look around and other transfer fees being paid you will see where I'm coming from.

Didn't Aberdeen pay £250,000 or thereabouts for Barry Nicholson just last season?

Benchy/Cantbeatus - Value is relevant to individual circumstance. If Charlie Christie/ICT think that these players are worth those figures to us, then they would be stupid and naive to let them go for any less. Losing 2/3/4 first team players will mean we have to spend time and money replacing them, also means risking our potential for next seasons campaign. Every place is worth something like £70k (more with the additional Setanta money), and a good cup run can put anything up to £500k in the bank. WE have to take all these things in to consideration.

It may have been a different situation (it has in the past) if we were in desperate need of money, but that is not the case, so we are the ones dictating values.

In short, what you or anyone else thinks they are worth doesn't matter in the slightest.

Guest cantbeatus

More to the point, what did Dundee Utd pay to get Lee Miller? :015: :015: :015:

Goals this season

Dargo 20

Miller 7

I think this makes Dargo worth about £1m.

250k for Miller and he scored 9....he started very well then his form dipped with the team

picked up again then broke his arm and missed the rest of season bad 1 game, has shown enough to suggest he can be a good player for us.

For heavens sake..leave them alone..Their whingeing and grandiose delusional spouting is as funny as feck. Shurely they really dont believe what they are saying. And we still havent got quotes from history yet. :015: :015: :015: :015:

They are actually trying to copy the philosophies and spirit of ICT and Dungdee United are bravely trying to escape from their "diddy" status and recapture a position of respectability and stability. I am keen to discover whether they can become the new ICT. It would be nice to see if our considered irreplicable "rise" could actually be copied. Brewster struck it lucky with our established position but he neither has the support nor the infrastructure to pull the dying ember of a club out of the fire of demise.

Guest cantbeatus

I love these United fans with ideas above their station. Fact: you were a big team and have done well int he past. Fact: For the last 7, 8 or maybe even 9 seasons you have, bar 2, finished int he bottomf half of the SPL and have been about 6 points away from relegation - at best!! Doesn't sound like you have a lot to crow about. But then again, I forgot that a team is only as big as its fanbase and not its actual footballing achievments :006:

Yinited will get Black and they will get Proctor but I don't think they will get anyone else.

Ideas above out station, show me where a United fan has had ideas above his station, oh wait thats right, its a myth because we had a golden era people think that United fans still believe we should be that good, no Arab is that stupid.

Fact: we know we have had only 2 good seasons in the last 9 (3rd & 5th), thats 2 higher finishes than yourselves and 7 SPL seasons than yourselves.

I dont remember crowing, however if we have nothing to crow about i'd like to know what you have.

No fanbase isnt the only thing, it is a factor though obviously.

Your attitude is exactly the same as many Yinited fans that I have come across when this kind of topic comes around.

Pop onto Pie and Bovril and you will find loads of Yinited fans who fit this description well.

The difference here is that ICT don't claim to be a big club but we are certainly not the little team that folk mistake us for and think our players will come for buttons.