new contracts

gillian black

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Black was to be let go without being offered a new contract then it would almost definitely spell the beginning of the end for Brewster IMO.

I'm sure he'll be offered a contract extension but probably on the same terms, the credit crunch hasn't shown the full effect it will have on attendances yet and the club will need to be canny with the wages.

Is Gillian related in any way?

Ian has being playing very well this season. 1st on the team sheet for me, I see a big improvement from him, coaching staff are helping his game.

A number of clubs will be in for him.

Indeed. He has looked excellent so far and a worthy winner of the first PotM awards on this site.

How can Black not be considered. He has been our best player since the start of the season. The likes of Paatelainen should be the ones not being considered.

It said in the courier that Black was being spoken too about a new contract didn't it?

If Black was to be let go without being offered a new contract then it would almost definitely spell the beginning of the end for Brewster IMO.

I'm sure he'll be offered a contract extension but probably on the same terms, the credit crunch hasn't shown the full effect it will have on attendances yet and the club will need to be canny with the wages.

Is Gillian related in any way?

The club were well aware of the financial situation when they made the decision to renew the contract of a player they knew would give absolutely nothing in return (Paatelainen)....if they can find a few thousand to throw away like that then I'm sure they could find a few thousand to keep one of the clubs best players and a big future prospect.

Even if they were to give him an enhanced deal for a further 2 years, they would at least have the option of moving him on in 18 months and recouping that money...as is, there's a very good chance he could walk away for nowt at the end of the season....or for next to nowt an Christmas.

I don't think the club are so short sighted as to not try and keep him here, and their is a level which wages get to where the club have to say no....but I also believe that we should not be getting ourselves into this kind of situation where the player/his agent holds all the cards and can effectively hold us to ransom.

Black, and players like him should have been offered a new contract during the summer....if they couldn't agree terms then he should have been transfer listed in order to bring money in to the club....we are a selling club, that's just the way it is, but that's no reason for us to be winding up in a situation where we have to sell cheap.

Why not? It's no more reliable than the Courier. The news about Wyness and his contract fiasco from last season was broken on these forums before the Courier even got a sniff and turned out very much correct.

Edited by RiG

The club were well aware of the financial situation when they made the decision to renew the contract of a player they knew would give absolutely nothing in return (Paatelainen)....if they can find a few thousand to throw away like that then I'm sure they could find a few thousand to keep one of the clubs best players and a big future prospect.

Even if they were to give him an enhanced deal for a further 2 years, they would at least have the option of moving him on in 18 months and recouping that money...as is, there's a very good chance he could walk away for nowt at the end of the season....or for next to nowt an Christmas.

I don't think the club are so short sighted as to not try and keep him here, and their is a level which wages get to where the club have to say no....but I also believe that we should not be getting ourselves into this kind of situation where the player/his agent holds all the cards and can effectively hold us to ransom.

Black, and players like him should have been offered a new contract during the summer....if they couldn't agree terms then he should have been transfer listed in order to bring money in to the club....we are a selling club, that's just the way it is, but that's no reason for us to be winding up in a situation where we have to sell cheap.

Brewster seems to like a bit of a gamble on the contract front. I wonder what the league position would be in a few years time if all the team have been either brought in by Brewster or through the youth programme.

I'm starting to think it's time to look for a replacement manager. Craig Brewster, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

If the club do not offer Blackie a bumper deal and do everything they can to keep him then i to will lose a lot of faith in the management.

I'd like to think Munro and Fraser will be tied down with suitable deals also.

To be honest, as much as i'd like to keep Cowie i could deal with him leaving. Especially going on his current form. Maybe he's just having a slow start.

If the club do not offer Blackie a bumper deal and do everything they can to keep him then i to will lose a lot of faith in the management.

To be honest, as much as i'd like to keep Cowie i could deal with him leaving. Especially going on his current form. Maybe he's just having a slow start.

Don Cowie's 'slow' start has been dragging on a bit now, should he be given an automatic start? i would start Barry on saturday in right midfield.

I think he is wasted out wide because he can't cross very well and he isn't that quick, then again neither is Barry but he's ancient so he has an excuse. I reckon a Cowie, Blackie centre midfield would be immense...plus it would be a rare excuse to keep Russell Duncan out of the team, it could also give a big chance to someone like wee Zander...or Vigurs.

Don Cowie's 'slow' start has been dragging on a bit now, should he be given an automatic start? i would start Barry on saturday in right midfield.

someone said barry played really well in a reserve game the other week...since then i have seen him play against hearts and morton and he is unfortunately not up to it anymore...i think rather than taking a step backwards we need to look to our younger lads now. the likes of vigurs and duff these are the guys we need on longer contracts otherwise we'll lose them to other clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

from a source, that i believe to be reliable, todays decisions by brew made it clear, blackie not being considered for a new contract.

has any one read the daily record this morning, blackie saying club have NOT approached him yet, looks as if source may bee onto something, blackie saying he wants to sort things out, then why are we stalling, sad day for us if he goes.

from a source, that i believe to be reliable, todays decisions by brew made it clear, blackie not being considered for a new contract.

has any one read the daily record this morning, blackie saying club have NOT approached him yet, looks as if source may bee onto something, blackie saying he wants to sort things out, then why are we stalling, sad day for us if he goes.

I dont recall the club saying that they had approached Ian. What they said was that they hoped to start contract talks during the free weekend period.

Having now read the article I dont see anything that supports your first post on this subject.

extract courtesy of Daily Record

IAN BLACK last night admitted he doesn't know if he has a future in the Highlands - but reckons dumping Dundee United would boost his chances of staying.

The Inverness ace did his hopes of securing a new contract no harm with a man-of-the match display in last Saturday's rout of Kilmarnock but is still awaiting the all-important offer from Craig Brewster to extend his stay.

Now former Blackburn kid Black, sure to be a key man at Tannadice today, wants to continue his impressive early-season form in the hope Caley Thistle will offer him a new contract.

Black said: "I'm a bit surprised the club haven't approached me yet on the subject of a new deal.

"It's something I'm quite keen to sort out and I think talks may start during the international break.

"I'm happy up here, my family are settled in Inverness and I'm enjoying my football.

"All I can do is keep playing the way I've been for the past wee while and scoring against Killie last Saturday was the icing on the cake.

"Every player prefers to have their future settled because that's when you can concentrate fully on your game and my deal is up at the end of the season.

"There are a few guys in the same boat but all I can do is focus on my own job and hopefully do it to the sort of standard that the manager expects."

Edited by Alex MacLeod