Club Captain

Guest Chemist

Guest Chemist

I Know Golly and Doddsy have been good ambassadors for the club but are there any doubts for next season. Golly was struggling for most of the season due to injury and Dodds was a brilliant replacement. But I think that Dodds may go to yinited for the big payday before he retires, and if Golly is still on the bench most games who would you give the armband too?

Broonie - certainly respected by the other players, but can goalies really influence games as captain.

Granty - Possible as one of the stronger members and part of the backbone to the team

Russeldinho - Although not everyones cup of tea as he does misplace the odd pass, but most people overlook the amount of tackles he wins. He is really well respected on the field and he is a players player if you know what imean

Bazza - Not enough time left in the legs unfortunately

Blackie - May give the lad the incentive to stay longer and settle him down a bit with the responsibilty

My vote would go to BLACKIE if he would commit to 3 or 4 years, and if not Russeldinho!

I think you giving Black the captains armband would do him more harm than good. Part of his strength as a player is the fact he can be a little wild, and giving him the armband would also mean having to supress that side of his character.

I don't think the machine is going anywhere, and he is the obvious choice as captain.

Guest kingkojak

keepers can be succesful captains, but IMO broonie is too quiet,

black would prob be quite inspirational as captain... except for the fact that he is the most likely to be red carded in a match - cant exactly influence your team mates if yer sitting on yer erse for half the match.

i vote duncan or machine

Russell Duncan, are you all mad? He would be the last in line for the armband, not captain material even on one of IHE's ships! He hasn't got a captain's temperament, he'd end up fighting with he ref all the time, can't imagine anyone worse!

Machine Dods, the only captain a girl could want! Or Ian Black when he grows up a bit :005:

I would be pleasantly surprised if Black was with us next season but I don't think he is captain material.

Dods would be the obvious choice if Golabeck were to lose the armband

Definitely has to be Dods. I think he has all the leadership qualities. If not. I would choose Barry Wilson as he seems to merit a lot of respect and is totally committed... just look at his face ...it tells you just how the day has gone ! Not Blackie, he's a loose cannon imo!

Dods Has been handed a new deal I am reliably informed and I'm sure that Club Captain would be one of his clauses. Definitely the Captain of our ship IMO if for some stupid reason he jumps ship then it would have to be Tokely.

All Golly should be concentrating on is first team football

I wouldn't have Tokley as Captain. I don't think he would be a good leader for the team and his attitdue is at times poor. Dods it would have to be and then I would say someone like Brown actually. Maybe even Caff who I think is an excellent communicater (or?) on the pitch. He would fit the bill perfectly.

Golly is, and has been, club captain for past two seasons. Presumably his contract reflects this position. I would be very surprised if the position was taken from him unless he was being shown the door and I doubt that to be the case. Dods was stand in on the field but Golly was always the Club captain.

I think if a stand in was required then Barry would be my choice. He is the one player who is very vocal on the park, he encourages his team mates and shows excellent leadership potential.

Guest Bonzo

It's best to be someone who will play most games, and last 90 minutes.

The 90 minute rule sort of excludes Barry for next season.

Also think that a defender is the best option.

They see more of what's happening in a game.

I'd make no changes at all.

Golabek is the Captain. Dods the Deputy Dawg.

Life can be so simple.