Scottish Cup, Caley v Rangers, 1984

Glen Mhor

I was at this game. Clearest memory was peter McLoy doing patter dives for the cameras. Also he was nearly scoring everytime he took a goal kick.

Who was the Gibson that came on for Caley? Was it Dave Gibson, who later returned to Caley?

It was Dave Gibson. Started with Nairn then Caley and went on to play at the Broch. Normally a right back and had a superb engine. His brother was a top pro with Killie.

Taught English and History, son of a minister and a complete 100% gentleman.

One of the most humble and nice guys I have met.

I was at this game.

Was it not after this game that Bobby Williamson got drunk and fell off a wall effectively ending his Rangers career due to a double leg break

• 2 months later...

The reason being that he scored a couple against them in a 6-3 loss. I'm sure it was Greig that signed him though. I think Wallace had just won the treble and retired.

Correct

Wrong, Jock never retired, he fell out with the Rangers board because he allegedly wanted to finally sign Catholics, and he then left to take the Leicester job before retuning via Motherwell in 83 to lead Rangers to the League Cup win over Celtic & a hat trick for a certain Mr McCoist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...