Failings in social work

CaleyJulz

As you all are aware this is in the news alot at the moment. The most recent the 2 little brothers in Manchester and also in Haringey where baby p was murdered who was also known to social services

so sad

sorry is to late

And baby p is in the area where Victoria Climbe suffered at the hands of her aunt and uncle people whom should have looked after her.

It is sickeneing how can these people sleep at night ??

Edited by MrsJnr

These people responsible are walking arguments for bringing back capital punishment. But, there should be ppl loosing their jobs in the social work also. The Poor Baby P was visited 60 times by social workers. He was in care a few times yet handed back. What that little boy went thro is heart breaking and unfathomable. I really hope there is a hell in store for ppl like those behind this!

Guest Spectre

It is unfathomable how social services can get it this wrong.

And at the same time, people have their children taken away in court hearings due to evidence by Roy Meadows and his accolytes when he's never even met the family.

I think people forget the difficult job social workers have. It isn't as easy as just walking into a house and removing a child. The government have implemented many procedures, cut costs and over work their staff which create major problems for the social workers involved. No one social worker should be blamed, the system should be blamed.

Why is there always this sudden need in Britain to find someone to blame, the only two people to blame are the sick ***** who murdered this little boy.

More money needs put into social work and mental health, the government have their priorities wrong.

Guest couchpotato

Agree with KMCN, the whole situation is appaling and of great concern,but ultimately it was these digusting excuses for humans who commited this attrocity.

Listening on the radio and tv to many heartbroken and distressed complainents casting stones and villifying social services i have to wonder what their contributions to child protection are and why they have not put their head above the parapet and volunteered their services to assist an overstretced service attempting to fulfill an impossible task.At the end of the day,when it comes to child protection and welfare, i guess we're all a bit responsible and could all do more than chucking a few quid in the children in need bucket and feeling content that we've done our bit.

KMCN i know how understretched Social services are and yes they have a very hard job and some social services workers do an amazing job but something has gone VERY worong in the case of these poor kids.Someone did not do their job properly.The system should be fail safe. When our eldest broke her arm at four god we were asked 101 questions in A&E as to why it happened and she fell of the bottom of a slide just landed akward. To me they were only doing their job.

Another thing Social workers hae against them is the fact you are trouble if you have one.

This is very far from from the truth they are there to help and support families. My son has one due to the fact he has disabilaties and i for one aint embarrassed to say this but she has been a god send to us i sometimes wonder where we would be without her she does an amazing job and so easy to talk to. Yet theone before her was unreal never returned calls and just to me was cold faced.

These should work to gether better GP,Police A&E ,Schools and social servies like linked files when they update one

the lot update instead of calls where messages are written dont and prob sometimes forgotten and letters getting misplaced. Something needs to be done and then there is all the trouble in Aberdeen with social services the now to.

KMCN i know how understretched Social services are and yes they have a very hard job and some social services workers do an amazing job but something has gone VERY worong in the case of these poor kids.Someone did not do their job properly.The system should be fail safe. When our eldest broke her arm at four god we were asked 101 questions in A&E as to why it happened and she fell of the bottom of a slide just landed akward. To me they were only doing their job.

I agree, but papers like the sun etc are solely placing blame on the social work, ignoring the fact two people have done something terrible. I don't think one social worker is to blame but that council, the training and help given to them is obviously straining. I believe that social workers should have more help, more support. Like you say the job they do for some people is a god send to some people, yet others do not appreciate this. If the social work had the resources more could have been done.

My issue with papers as well comes from the fact they highlight all the bad cases, what about the hundreds of people like you who could not have done without them, the good cases.

Guest Spectre

When our eldest broke her arm at four god we were asked 101 questions in A&E as to why it happened and she fell of the bottom of a slide just landed akward. To me they were only doing their job.

But I think this is exactly the point. When people interact with them curteously they give them a hard time. When they tell them to f* off they walk away, or when it would be non-PC to criticise them (Climbie) they walk away.

Yes, I agree it's a very difficult and I am sure stressful job, but that doesn't excuse horror stories like this one.

Kmcn you never ever hear about the good cases.

But kids who ask for help are given it but how the hell can a 17month old baby say that is parents are kicking S$%^e out of me there has to be some way they can watch out for them.

He is a sweet lil thing .

Have a look at the time line.

Time line

Its is so sicking that they parents covered him in chocolate to cover the bruises. Evil people i really hope they suffer in prison and for the mother to be involved a mothers/fathers love is uncondional. The boys natural father has to got to be devestated. I wonder what his contact with Baby P was ??

He is a sweet lil thing .

Have a look at the time line.

Time line

Its is so sicking that they parents covered him in chocolate to cover the bruises. Evil people i really hope they suffer in prison and for the mother to be involved a mothers/fathers love is uncondional. The boys natural father has to got to be devestated. I wonder what his contact with Baby P was ??

I agree, gorgeous little boy. May he rest in peace xxxx

I just hope justice is done, and maybe now the government will look seriously into the procedures and resources they enforce on social workers.

KMCN I hope and pray justice is done. I hope social workers are given more suppot also hope that they are given tips and more training eg to hold the child wipe the mess on them with a tissue etc.

Just to check them and more spot checks dont tell the at risk family they are coming and they should have the right to turn up when they want.

May this little boy rest in peace xxx

KMCN I hope and pray justice is done. I hope social workers are given more suppot also hope that they are given tips and more training eg to hold the child wipe the mess on them with a tissue etc.

Just to check them and more spot checks dont tell the at risk family they are coming and they should have the right to turn up when they want.

May this little boy rest in peace xxx

I think in cases where you know abuse is already been addressed that two social workers should go to the house, plus a support worker. This would never happen of course, because there is no money!! Constant training, better systems when liasing with the police. Also what stops people taking children from houses is a lack of homes for them to go to. This also needs addressed.

If only the government could see that more needs done before something like this happens....

i couldnt even read/listen to the whole story of these children. its absolutely sickening. these people dont deserve to live in such a tolerant society and should be strung up and left in the street to get the total sh!t kicked out of them by everyone

I have no doubt there were failings in the Social Services in Harringay but should they shoulder all the blame. We expect parents to do the instinctive thing and look after their offspring. We dont really expect, and are indeed shocked when we hear about, batterings to this extent.

It strikes me that those people are very sick and I wonder, had the child been put into care and the adults left to their own devices, whether other children would have been unknowingly put at risk. Those animals, no animals wouldn't do such a thing, got their kicks from beating up a defenceless child. Theres no saying that they wouldn't get fed up with that one and find others to harm or if that one was taken away get their kicks elsewhere.

I have no doubt there were failings in the Social Services in Harringay but should they shoulder all the blame.

They should shoulder a fair amount of the blame for this IMO. This poor kid was visited 60 times in 8 months and more than 50 injuries to the poor wee soul happened in that space of time. If i recall....the Government were warned about failings 6 months before hand regarding concerns about the council involved.

I honestly think i could put a bullet thro the head of the ******* behind this, without feeling an ounce of guilt or remorse

CC5A6338BDFE2020D921EDC424C87E.jpg

RIP wee guy

Edited by SMEE

Mother - Can we call her that as it would appear that she only gave birth to the wee thing and had no feelings at all! Who had a history of mistreating the bairn?. Who, it would appear, condoned the boyfriends actions? Who hid the bruising etc from authority?

Boyfriend and mate - Words can't describe feelings towards them BUT I can only hope that the 'good' baddies will knock them senseless once they are jailed, on an hourly basis and then smear 'chocolate' on the bruises.

Friends, Neighbours and Family - One had the child officially in her care and must have been alerted to the possibility of a problem. They were in the forefront of that child's life and none can be absolved from guilt even if were only averting their eyes or ears, so that they were not involved.

My reason for writing this is that, if you decide that the fault is at Downing Street, you are diluting the blame and missing the guilty parties, as show above, to try and make a political point.

This wee thing is worthy of more than that!

I was hearing today that the Boyfreind of the mother used to enjoy inflicting injuries on animals. The witness sed she recalled an instance where he would knock a frog out with gas, injure it by breaking its bones, then bring it round to consciousness again to watch it suffer. Soinds like he then progressed onto poor Baby P

I hope these people suffer excruciating pain everyday, for the rest of their lives.

Were the scum responsible for this senteced the other day? Life should mean life!!

The mother and the boyfriend well i hope they suffer everyday for the rest of their lives and as already said the good baddies in prison get them and make them suffer.

She dosent even deserve the title to be called a mother. He and she should never ever be allowed to have any more kids.

Also in the news today the senior social worker in the case didnt want the child retured to his mother but she was over ruled by her superior !!!

Also says the police had the concerns about him being returned to his mother to.

Edited by MrsJnr

I was hearing that the doctor who missed Baby P's broken back, didnt examine him properly as she deemed him to be too "cranky".

Ironically, had she done her job correctly in the first place, Baby P may still be alive, as this was just two days before he died, and he would have surely been still in hospital rather than been in the hands of the demons he lived with, and surley to ****, Social Services would have picked up this and acted accordingly, meaning he would never have had to spend a second more in their company.

• 3 weeks later...

I know SMEE a disgrace to late now tho for poor baby p..... Also that Karen Matthew's has been left in solitary for her own protection ......let em at her i say..... And the fact she can apply for immenity ( think thats how you spell it) is sickening to.

These people choose to do these evil sickening thing.... so let them suffer to..... I mean to kidnapp your own child to get money.....

Another child but poor Shannon was on the at risk register but yet was tsaken off and social services didnt even turn up at some of the meetings regarding her... and her school continued to raise concerns about Shannon and was n othing done no.