Libero

Just read that we are to receive a FOUR figure sum for players involved in the Euros.

anyone else suprised by how little this amount is compared to what we were led to believe we would be receiving at the time?

In Scotland, Celtic earned ?272,989, compared to four figure sums picked up by Inverness and Rangers.

story here

Just read that we are to receive a FOUR figure sum for players involved in the Euros.

anyone else suprised by how little this amount is compared to what we were led to believe we would be receiving at the time?

In Scotland, Celtic earned ?272,989, compared to four figure sums picked up by Inverness and Rangers.

story here

Yeah I read the article and for the life of me I can't think of which Rangers player was at Euro 2008!!!

The article also states Scottish clubs got a total of ?359,196, which, if you subtract the Celtic money (?272,989) leaves ?86,207

Edited by kencar

story here

Yeah I read the article and for the life of me I can't think of which Rangers player was at Euro 2008!!!

The article also states Scottish clubs got a total of ?359,196, which, if you subtract the Celtic money (3272,989) leaves ?86,207

From the very same article.

Scottish Premier League side Inverness Caledonian Thistle were paid ?57,471 for the services of Romanian striker Marius Niculae, almost twice the ?28,736 Rangers received for their personnel.

The sums are accumulated by Uefa, with clubs receiving compensation amounting to approximately ?3,420 per player, per day.

The article also states Scottish clubs got a total of ?359,196, which, if you subtract the Celtic money (3272,989) leaves ?86,207

You make a good point. I was under the impression that the only two SPL teams that were represented at the Euros were us and Celtic... Rangers had zero players there...

The article goes on to say we will receive about ?57 grand, which I think is about what we were expecting. Confusion arose because a four figure sum was mentioned. Should have said five figure sum I think.

Yes it is def a sum of around 57k the club will recieve

Is it a good or bad thing that only three scottish clubs received a pay-out?

It either means that we have a league that is now mostly comprised of scottish players or the foreign players that are in the SPL are not that good (I suppose their teams may have not qualified....)

Either way the money is a welcome bonus and a pleasant surprise to be ahead of Rangers in any table.... :rotflmao:

Scottish club payouts

Celtic - ?272,989

Inverness Caledonian Thistle - ?57,471

Rangers - ?28,736

English club payouts

Arsenal - ?732,760

Chelsea - ?702,827

Liverpool - ?607,641

Manchester United - ?440,614

Manchester City - ?253,832

Aston Villa - ?201,150

Portsmouth - ?186,782

Middlesbrough - ?167,624

Bolton Wanderers - ?143,678

Newcastle United - ?136,494

Southampton - ?114,943

Birmingham City - ?100,575

Blackburn Rovers - ?100,575

Wigan Athletic - ?95,786

West Ham United - ?57,471

Reading - ?43,103

Sheffield United - ?40,709

West Bromwich Albion - ?14,368

Some peeps keep saying 4 figure sum. 57K is a 5 figure sum. Hence the 5 figures. Hey we got the same as West Ham so it's all fair at least. How on earth tho did Celtic get so much? I mean Boruc and JoH makes only approx 115k. Unless as Holland went further as well?

Some peeps keep saying 4 figure sum. 57K is a 5 figure sum. Hence the 5 figures. Hey we got the same as West Ham so it's all fair at least. How on earth tho did Celtic get so much? I mean Boruc and JoH makes only approx 115k. Unless as Holland went further as well?

It's pro rata so the longer a player is in the championship the longer their club accrues compensation.