Plane stupid

Heilandee

Whats folks thoughts on the protestors at Stanstead today?,my green head says "good on folk for standing up for their beliefs" but my practical heid says "if that happened when i was at the airport i'd be feckin raging"

Does that make me a hypocrit???

Good on them I say.

Not a cause I'd personally be willing to see myself arrested for, but if that's how strongly they felt then all power to them. From what I can gather the protest was disruptive, but peaceful (in so much as they never resorted to violence to make their point).

OK, so a lot of "innocents" got caught up in the middle of it, but what's the point of a protest if it doesn't make people sit up and take notice?

If more people started to stand up for the issues they believe in, then perhaps this country wouldn't be in such a mess and overrun by self indulgent politicians and decision makers.

If more people started to stand up for the issues they believe in, then perhaps this CLUB wouldn't be in such a mess and overrun by self indulgent DIRECTORS and decision makers.

Av sorted your post for ya D

I'll ignore the 'let's turn this into another anti ICT thread' as seen above and stay on the topic.

Many years ago I was made aware, by a French student of politics, of the difference between the British and our close neighbours - he could not believe that we went to work the day after polling day without knowing who the winning party was, whilst in France this situation can result in water cannons on the street.

In Greece we can currently see this ability to raise support for a cause.

How many I wonder, however, had more sympathy for the air travelers plight than for this cause?

If it were 2p on a litre of diesel, now thats a different situation, dummys out of the pram, HGVs, you know the ones, 10 miles to the gallon, parading down the M1, M6 to tell us how they cant afford to pay that price for diesel!! (They sit there all smug as it does not affect them as they just fill up in Calais, going and coming from their deliveries and of course, that helps the French not the British and that is good, the British get enough tax off them but this is a good day out and their truck looks good!)

Definitely not plane stupid but NIMBY mentality divorces it from us up here. Just a bit of fun on the box.

• 2 weeks later...

For every truck that fills up in Calais there's a hundred that have to fill up in UK. And when the price of fuel goes up so does everything else.

Yes Alex, and when the price of fuel comes down, as is the current situation??

However this is about the difficulty to raise enthusism for a cause such as the runway extension.