Time for Action (Merged)

Guest Muir-Jaggie

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brilliant idea. If 1000 ICT supporters went to the next conflicting Clach home game it would give them a bonus of ?6000. Wow - what a boost it would be to their coffers and maybe, just maybe, our board would wake up and smell the coff!

Unfortunately ICT would be down by up to ?20000 which is a lot of money, we wan't to get the boards attention without hurting the club.

Brilliant idea. If 1000 ICT supporters went to the next conflicting Clach home game it would give them a bonus of ?6000. Wow - what a boost it would be to their coffers and maybe, just maybe, our board would wake up and smell the coff!

Unfortunately ICT would be down by up to ?20000 which is a lot of money, we wan't to get the boards attention without hurting the club.

I tend to agree especially with the threat of relegation at the end of the season if things don't pick up.

Screw them. I have my season ticket and will be attending every match I can but until they do listen I am not putting one more penny into ICT coffers. No more pies at matches no more merchandise and with Christmas coming up and two ICT daft kids that looked likely to be a pretty penny from me. I hope others demonstrate in the same way. The club is being hurt by the way it's being run at the moment at least CC showed how much he cared about the club and it's fans when he thought he was causing damage (not so sure now that he made the correct choice) it's high time some others took stock of the legend's loyalty.

The loss of Barry was inevitable.. its only the timing which is causing concern, but to sign players in January the club HAVE to free up salaries to afford new players, economic sense aint it?

Losing Barry is unfortunate, i think he could have helped us in our hour of need but maybe new signings in the new year might give everyone a lift.

I wouldnt really argue with that. We KNOW Barry is nearing the end of his career on the park, and we know we havent got the resources to just add and add and add to the squad like some other teams might. However there has been little or no indication that there is a plan in place to bring someone in to replace Barry or any other players for that matter .... the closest we got was being told the young guys would have to shape up or ship out.

I like the idea that the young lads are being given a chance but that is putting a ****load of pressure on them that could easily backfire on both them and the club. By all means have the odd youngster in to get experience as we go through the season ... I think we are all reasonably happy with Duff and Vigurs for example and many of us would like to see Zander given a chance, but it looks increasingly like these players will not be classed as "developmental" players who will be allowed to grow into their roles and be used on a rotational basis, but instead may be plunged into the squad as regular starting players now that we are losing Barry and are quite likely to lose Cowie, Black and others ..... We could quite simply go from having an embarrassment of riches in terms of selection choices for midfield, to an embarrassment (no disrespect to the youngsters intended - its not their fault, they are still learning and developing).

Certain posters keep telling us to "look at the big picture" and I can see at least part of it ... we are trying to blood youngsters to be the next generation of ICT players. That is all well and good, and many of us have called for it towards the end of each season when we have been safe from relegation, but its dangerous at this time of year as these young guys simple dont have the experience and guile of some of the more experienced guys ..... I am a great armchair manager and would probably be an absolutely woeful dugout manager but in my opinion, virtually all succesfull football teams have had a mix of youth and experience and we seem to be tossing ours away.

I would also say that at times like this the club need to be managing expectations and perhaps explaining some of their actions.....

I fundamentally disagree with dumping Barry Wilson during his testimonial season and there are probably very few people who would disagree that he could do a job for us at least until the end of the season but IF it is all part of some masterplan and he is being dumped to free up a wage then whats the harm in saying something to that effect. A simple statement that says money is tight, credit crunch, identified target, need to free up wages, blah blah blah .... would have elicited a far less severe response. We dont need to know the identity of the target, just that there is one and that we have a realistic chance of securing him ..... instead we got some garbage about the young players proving they can cut it.

I absolutely agree. If they had identified a stone-wall certainty who could bring more to the table than Barry, then most would understand, but is that the case? We will all wait and see, and for his sake, Brewster better have a replacement lined up. Throwing in young players into the most difficult season is risky, no discredit to them, but as any fool knows, the best way to get young players to improve is to keep the pressure off of them as much as is possible, keep their confidence up, and so on.

Having read a couple of threads on here this morning i think its clear that the majority of our fans are unhappy just now at the way the club is being managed both on an off the park - i know im not happy and that im not the only one.

Lets be honest only one other team apart from ourselves have lost at the Caledonian Stadium in the last calender year...... Thats not a record to be proud of.

The team are a shambles on the park, stood off teams, defending, 4-5-1 at home, unable to keep possession, unable to pass acurately, unable to finsh the few chances we create...... Its not good

Off the park attendances are dropping steadily, ive never heard so much frustration shouted towards the bench during home games - and i openly admit to being one who regularly shouts at the bench.

I feel as many have stated on other threads that i dont want to attend whilst Brewster is still in charge, however i would feel as though i would be turning my back on the boys and i dont want to do that. I keep hoping that every time i go back things will have changed............ Things arent changing - teams are coming up to Inverness and know that they will surely leave with at least a point - they know exactly how we are going to play.

Barry Wilson is now the latest player to be hung out to dry by a manager who clearly lacks any managerial skills and man management. We have no recognised striker , not even an experienced striker....... Wyness, Bayne, Niculae all gone over the summer. I understand the Niculae deal was a good bit of bussiness - but we desparately needed to hold on to Wyness and Bayne.

Cowie and Black im sure will be singing pre contracts with other clubs in January and with Wilson out the door we will have no midfield............ There are worrying times ahead and i SERIOUSLY fear for our SPL status

I didnt want Brewster back in the first place however i feel hes been giving enough time to try and turn things around - the management needs to be changed as it clearly isnt working. And i think we could do with a reshuffle at board level also before its too late - as the club is being steered towards the rocks with the wind behind us!

US the fans need to stand up and voice our oppinions on a credible and official manner.

Has anybody got any ideas as to how we can voice our oppions to the club - a petition or something....... other than voting with our feet and having to put up with more awful frustrating football and letting our prize assets go on a free.

I dont want to turn this into a Brewster hate campaign as i respect the guy as a player but he doesnt have the managerial credentials we require and if we dont act together as fans we have got nobody to blame but ourselves.

Lets stand up together and do something about it - Lets help ourselves! Any ideas???

If we're going to try and do something, we should start tomorrow. May I suggest that as many as possible go to Love Street and for the whole 90 minutes we sing, chant and voice our feelings on what's happened. We sing Barry Wilson's name, we chant "Brewster out" or something similar and we make a clear statement on where we stand (or sit, for that matter). How's that for a start?

I think it's perhaps a bit unfair to the players to be using match time to get at the club/Brewster. I would suggest that for the 90 minutes of the game fans concentrate on getting behind the team on the park, then at the end of the game they hold back for 10 minutes or so to make feelings known about Brewster and the way things are being done at the club.

Other than that there's other things that can be done......

- I think we need to start making it clear just how many fans are looking for change. If you want I can come up with a suitable Avatar that we can all use. That way when those at the club are viewing the site they can see it plainly, and will be reminded of it on every thread they read.

- We should all start writing letters and/or e.mails to the club on a daily basis until such time as we get proper acknowledgement of our concerns and a statement as to what the club are playing at.

- Anyone with season ticket who is currently refusing to attend games should post/deliver the unused stubs back to the club telling them why they have not been used and stating that if things don't change then they won't have stubs to return next season as they won't be buying a season ticket.

If the club don't start listening after people have been doing these things then, by all means things need to be stepped up and perhaps the only way to get through to them is to have banners at games and to chant our dissatisfaction during the match, and maybe that can be the plan for the Aberdeen game if no action has been taken or answers given.

I think we need to give brewster until the end of the season to show his worth. I feel that we are to good a team to go down but we need our home form to pick up imediately. If we are clear of the drop with 4 games to go thenstick will brewster and let him improve the team but if not then its time for a fresh face

I think we need to give brewster until the end of the season to show his worth. I feel that we are to good a team to go down but we need our home form to pick up imediately. If we are clear of the drop with 4 games to go thenstick will brewster and let him improve the team but if not then its time for a fresh face

Personally, I feel the next two games are critical, especially this weekend's game which is the proverbial six-pointer.

I believe Motherwell are in a false position right now and will climb the table and that leaves us fighting it out with Hamilton, St Mirren and Falkirk in the brown trousers department. If we can put some space between ourselves and those below us right now, then maybe, just maybe there may be enough wiggle room to test your plan. However, if we perform badly against St Mirren and Aberdeen we could quite easily find ourselves on the bottom of the table and in that circumstance, the board must surely have no option other than replacing him immediately. A new manager would then have some time in the transfer window to try and apply some fixes to the cracks that have appeared.

Incidentally - IMHO, we are NOT too good a team to go down. If we were too good to go down we would be more than 3 points of bottom spot. I believe we do have the players to make that statement a little more true if we could get some consistency going, but right now, I would argue with it.

Guest CiaoInverness

There's a time to speak and there's a time to act...

Without forgeting the past, It needs to say thanks for what we have received...

But we needs to pursue the best we can do...so make your voice listened by managers...with respect but also with decision!

Guest ancientsaint

Yes something will change if the club just sits around and lets this continue. The Team will be playing in the 1st div

next season.

You wont go down when there are- Hamilton and St.Mirren in your league - they will both be beneath you at the end of the season.

Guest WynessLegend

Right.... its time for all fans to make there feelings loud and clear at home and away games that none of us are happy about the way the club is being ran, people might not always want to say stuff at game case someone else thinks different but its time for all caley fans to put the foot down and tell the club there going to far. January tranfer is coming up and we could be losing key players. He has already letting barry go and i dont want to see anymore go in till we are back on form. You never no barry could have being the player to get us back on the right track.

Rangers fans did the same to paul le guen and they even stood outside the stadium calling for his head, making banners and make songs up about him. i think its our time to do that now anyone agree???

No.

Outside the OF we have the best away record in the SPL.

No.

You can point to that all you want but the fact is we are losing to another relation rival and currently (as things stand with other results) sit 3 points off the bottom of the league.

Spin it as much as you want because we all know how "Pro ICT / Brewster" you are but the fact of the matter is 1) that it is not a comfortable position to be in and 2) we are on such an awful run it is hard to see us pulling significantly clear of Accies and into an area of safety. We can't rely on them to be like Gretna and Dunfermline in previous seasons because they are better and we are a worse team than we were then.

Guest WynessLegend

No.

You can point to that all you want but the fact is we are losing to another relation rival and currently (as things stand with other results) sit 3 points off the bottom of the league.

Spin it as much as you want because we all know how "Pro ICT / Brewster" you are but the fact of the matter is 1) that it is not a comfortable position to be in and 2) we are on such an awful run it is hard to see us pulling significantly clear of Accies and into an area of safety. We can't rely on them to be like Gretna and Dunfermline in previous seasons because they are better and we are a worse team than we were then.

A positive spin makes it more fun.

I'm a realist.

With the current SPL setup and with our fan base and resources we will ALWAYS struggle to stay up-

regardless of who the manager is.

Unlike most of the people on here I prefer to enjoy it and look for the positives.

:rotflmao:

Our current set up and fan base has seen us vie for Top 6 positions in the last few seasons with us only missing out by a point or two and now we are looking likely to be locked in a relegation battle.

Teams around us have caught up with us and are beginning to move ahead while we are falling behind both on and off the pitch.

Edited by RiG

Guest WynessLegend

There is a great deal of inconsistency in the SPL - amongst ALL non-OF teams.

There is no reason to suppose that we can't be looking towards a top six finish.

A positive support would certainly help.

The criticism of the management and board from this small and unrepresentative

sample is, at times, ridiculous.

(Scotty, please don't respond to the "small and unrepresentative" comment with your usual stats)

There is a great deal of inconsistency in the SPL - amongst ALL non-OF teams.

There is no reason to suppose that we can't be looking towards a top six finish.

A positive support would certainly help.

The criticism of the management and board from this small and unrepresentative

sample is, at times, ridiculous.

(Scotty, please don't respond to the "small and unrepresentative" comment with your usual stats)

Patronising f*cker. The majority "sample" on here are representative of this forum. YOU are the minority. We are 2 points off 11th now with 'well having two games in hand. We will have a bottom of the league battle with Hamilton on 17th January. Will you still be positive then? Wake up and smell the coffee.