Jump to content
  • Signup for more content

    Our main forums are visible to guests along with a few other features. Login to access more content.

  • tm4tj

    Hibernian 2-1 Inverness CT - SPL

    Brewster loss in first game


    New manager Craig Brewster took charge of the team for the first time and was immediately dealt a blow when Roy McBain had to be replaced at the warm-up due to a muscle spasm. Liam Keogh took his place. The other change saw Stuart McCaffrey coming into the side for the suspended Ross Tokely. 

    Most of the play in the early stages of the match was in midfield with both sides creating few chances. On the half hour mark Hibs nearly scored when Sam Morrow's 12-yard volley was well blocked by Mark Brown and from the rebound Gary Caldwell blazed the ball high into the stand. 

    Three minutes after that Caley Thistle took the lead with a superb goal from Juanjo. The Spaniard broke down the left and moved into the box before curling an exquisite right foot shoot round the keeper into the net at the far post. 

    The lead, however, was short-lived as the home side equalised five minutes later when the ever dangerous Derek Riordan ran down the left to the line and then cut the ball back for Guillaume Beuzelin to hit the ball home from 12 yards. 

    The Hibees nearly made it two but Riordan drove wide with only Brown to beat. 

    Half Time:1-1

    Hibs made a substitution at the start of the second half and two minutes later they took the lead. David Murphy disposed Juanjo and moved the ball quickly through to Samuel Morrow who sent the ball to the right for Alen Orman. Orman drove the ball across the face of the ICT area and Riordan was onto it like a flash to volley past Brown. 

    Richie Hart replied with a terrific header which was tipped over the crossbar by Simon Brown. At the other end Mark Brown was called into action once again to deny McCluskey's snapshot in a packed penalty area and Riordan then had another effort saved by the ICT No1. 

    ICT's best chance for an equaliser came in the dying minutes of the game when Hart's long ball found Fox and the ex-Hearts youngster headed it down for the incoming Graham Bayne but the striker just missed making contact with the ball as he slid in. 

    With the seconds ticking away there was just time for Mark Brown to pull off another fantastic save when he denied Riordan once again after fine work by David Rocastle.

    Full Time: 2-1

    Overall we might have taken a point from the game. Livingston beat Kilmarnock and it is very tight at the bottom once again.




    Hibernian: 2 (Beuzelin 39, Riordan 47)

    Team: Simon Brown; Whittaker, Caldwell, Murray, Murphy, Orman (Glass 83), Beuzelin, Morrow (O'Connor 61), 

    Shiels (McCluskey 45), Rocastle, Riordan

    Subs not used: Smith; Brown, Dobbie, Fletcher - Booked: Murray (56)

    Inverness CT: 1 (Juanjo 34)

    Team: Mark Brown; McCaffrey, Dods, Munro, Golabek, Wilson (Fox 65), Hart, Duncan, Keogh,

    Juanjo (Prunty 78), Bayne

    Subs not used: Fraser; Proctor, Hastings, Thomson, Black - Booked: None

    Attendance: 9728 - Referee: Steve Conroy

    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    There are no comments to display.

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy