To the Board of Inverness CT

Alex MacLeod

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The time for procrastination is past!

The club, the team and the supporters need action to save our club from Brewster and financial ruin.

neksor

If the board don't act soon it will be too late. Getting out of the first division next season will be no easier for us than it's proved for the likes of Dunfermline, Dundee and Partick in the past.

Partick did manage at the first time of asking, didn't they? :rotflmao:

Do the members of this board know anything about football? You are all burying your heads in the sand. Failing this club. Failing the people who put cash through the turnstyles week after week. Who sit in the freezing cold endlessly seeking a little glimmer of hope.

You've looked on as good players have walked or been pushed out. You've overseen the introduction of 'quality replacements'. McGuire, Zadi, Proctor, Barrowman. How many more of that standard will be brought in over the next few weeks? For those four would struggle to get a game at Elgin let alone an SPL team.

Dear Board, while there is still some time left this season, please get your heads out of the sand and act in the interest of this club. Get a management team in that can salvage the disaster.

Fail to act now and the gates will drop further. The cash flow will reduce and the debt will grow. It will be too late to act when Flybe decide to pull the plug because they no longer see Inverness CT as an ambitious business. One that mirrors their own.

Do the members of this board know anything about football? You are all burying your heads in the sand. Failing this club. Failing the people who put cash through the turnstyles week after week. Who sit in the freezing cold endlessly seeking a little glimmer of hope.

You've looked on as good players have walked or been pushed out. You've overseen the introduction of 'quality replacements'. McGuire, Zadi, Proctor, Barrowman. How many more of that standard will be brought in over the next few weeks? For those four would struggle to get a game at Elgin let alone an SPL team.

Dear Board, while there is still some time left this season, please get your heads out of the sand and act in the interest of this club. Get a management team in that can salvage the disaster.

Fail to act now and the gates will drop further. The cash flow will reduce and the debt will grow. It will be too late to act when Flybe decide to pull the plug because they no longer see Inverness CT as an ambitious business. One that mirrors their own.

Alex good post but its falling on deaf ears mate, otherwise why would they even consider continuing with Brew after the weeks of posts, emails, banners, yet the Chairman leaves on holiday saying he will give the manager funds.

:thumb04: :018: ;) :lol:

if the board dont want 2 act then WE must act and push brew out. Our club is getting stuck doon the pan by an arrogant, leaderless and uttelry clueless manager. If any business was being run by him im sorry, but would be verging on closing the doors. We are staring 1st division right in the eyes and unless the board act now it will be too late. Dont be reactive, be proactive and wake up and smell the coffee.... :rotflmao:

The Director of Football should walk before anybody including Brew.

I actually disagree with that. Grassa is one small voice in the corridors of ICT. He has this club in his heart. He may, or may not, have had something to do with bringing Brew back but, on his own, has no power to get rid. Grassa's job is to negotiate contracts with the people identified by the manager.

If there not identified there's no negotiating. Translate not identified as not wanted.

I actually disagree with that. Grassa is one small voice in the corridors of ICT. He has this club in his heart. He may, or may not, have had something to do with bringing Brew back but, on his own, has no power to get rid. Grassa's job is to negotiate contracts with the people identified by the manager.

If there not identified there's no negotiating. Translate not identified as not wanted.

I think that rather than been one small voice he represents the one big voice that is at the club, and if negotiating contracts at the club is his full remit why such is a large amount of cash been paid to him

Edited by stevico1

Bennett had a lot more to do with hiring Brew than you think Alex, a lot more.

Its his job to act as go-between from Football manager to the Board, also to hire/fire whom he sees to benefit the running/success of the club.

The leadership vacuum at ICT is killing this Club!! We lack a leader in the management. We lack a leader on the park (ever since Dods left). And we currently lack leadership at Board level. The rot has set in so deeply that if we don't make changes this week then the decay will be terminal!!

We are shipping goals (usually at least 3 per game) and our best players are shipping out. I am a huge admirer of Brew, the footballer. He has been immense during his playing career and, as a player-manager, made a big difference to ICT first time around. He is also a thoroughly decent guy. But Brew the manager isn't working. Much though I have enjoyed the derbys against County in the past, I don't want to be watching them next year in the First Division. We are too talented a team for that. It is simply a case that - in footballing terms - this club appear to be mismanaged at every level and the fans have had enough.

Our Board need to do something decisive NOW before we become a complete embarrassment. I suggest that Robbo and Barry take over until (at least) the end of the season to save this sinking ship. We must also sign a defensive leader to take charge on the park during January.

The Board must act decisively this week before the fans finally lose all confidence in the Club!!

I travel up from Ft William each week, and have to say this is the worst football I have seen in years. I have followed Caley up through the leagues, travelling to far flung Arbroath, Cumbernauld, etc etc.

This team is Brewster's team, he has moulded, trained, contracted (or not) and communicated his plans to the existing squad - more time will just mean more of the same, why are we even considering keeping things as they are.

It was obvious from the Aberdeen game that many die-hard fans who have paid good money year after year and have enjoyed the highs and low, are seriously fed up with the constant tinkering with the team, the lack of ambition at home, the slow dwindling death of the "fight till the end" approach that was Caley's secret weapon. Sometimes I even wish we could turn the clock back to the Steve Paterson era when if nothing else we saw some exciting football.

By the time I pay for petrol up and down 125mls per home game etc etc it is costing me a fortune to come up on a Saturday to "enjoy" some SPL football. I sit for much of the game bemused by the tactics and frustrated by the lack of anything at all to get me out my seat shouting for the team.

Craig - either get back to basics right now or get out.

Kudos to Allyb - thats a long drive and a heck of a lot of money. And a very good post, as have all of them been.

Board,

I think that you are

1) being overly loyal to a manager that has won us nothing, brought in nothing and will do nothing

2) ripping the club apart through pure inaction and indifference,

3) alienating yourselves, individually as well as a unit, from the fans

4) expecting there to be a huge turnaround in form and all will be forgotten

5) extremely naive and bullish to believe n.o4 as there is no evidence that it can happen and only evidence that it wont.

While your sense of loyalty is admirable, it is misplaced. your duty is the welfare of ICT, not an individual.

Kudos to Allyb - thats a long drive and a heck of a lot of money. And a very good post, as have all of them been.

Board,

I think that you are

1) being overly loyal to a manager that has won us nothing, brought in nothing and will do nothing

2) ripping the club apart through pure inaction and indifference,

3) alienating yourselves, individually as well as a unit, from the fans

4) expecting there to be a huge turnaround in form and all will be forgotten

5) extremely naive and bullish to believe n.o4 as there is no evidence that it can happen and only evidence that it wont.

While your sense of loyalty is admirable, it is misplaced. your duty is the welfare of ICT, not an individual.

Old Japanese proverb says that woman who cooks beans and pees in the same pot is very unhygienic... :rotflmao:

This is a part of a post taken from another forum by a Motherwell fan:

"Caley look doomed. Certainly the worst team we've played at Fir Park this season."

Everyone can see it now, come on get your act sorted before its too late!

I'm sorry to have to say this but the partnership of Craig Brewster and Malkie Thompson is not working. Players being played out of position. Defensive football at home when we should be controlling our own park. Nonsensicle substitutions. Laying the blame at the feet of players who we all know are more than up to the challenges of this league. That coupled with getting rid of players who would be keeping this team together is destroying the club.

Morale among players and fans is at an all time low. results are pathetic. Play is non-entertaining. The team has lost all direction.

Is the board of this club going to act in the best interests of the club and its fans or have you all decided that part time football in front of 300 each week is what's needed in Inverness.

Please, please, please!! Act correct and act now.

totally agree get brewster out now before its to late

Brew has to go now as we would struggle to get back up from the 1st Division.

Just look at the multitude of ex-SPL clubs filling up that league: Partick, Dundee, Dunfermline, Livingston & St Jonhstone.

Brew out now before its too late!!!

It appears from David Sutherland's interview on North Tonight that the board are determined not to act until it is too late.

Another 3 or 4 weeks of inaction will suffice in my opinion !

I agree Kingsmills but it doesnt look like it will even be just 3-4 weeks, he is here for the long term. The Chairman, DOF and the major shareholder for some reason back him.

I think it's great news that the board are backing Brewster by making funds available in January. Too many clubs sack their manager when things start to go wrong and will not let the manager turn it around. Too many clubs don't realise that it may be due to other factors other than the manager/assistant manager that are causing poor results. The management have taken the team on good runs before (beating celtic last season) and soon, with a victory, the team will go on another good run. With a few good signings in January, as well as the managements willingness to give youngsters a chance, this should strengthen the squad short term and long term. With a good run of results, ICT will steer clear of the danger zone. There's 3 teams on 17 points, ICT are far from beaten. Right now ICT are performing at their worst at home. That may be because TCS is very intimidating..... for the home team. The vibe from the supporters is very negative. On Sunday however this can change if the supporters get right behind the team 100%. Positive vocal support for the team from start to finish will boost confidence and morrale. Anti-Brewster banners, fan walkouts, waving sheets of white paper/banners will negatively effect the team. So on Sunday, it's time to get behind ICT 100% and cheer the team on.