tactics - open question to the boss

givmeaccccc

Mr Brewster, what on earth do you do in training?

When was the last time we scored from a corner? 2 years, 3 years, 4 years or more! Why don't we try a short corner for a change? Why don't we try and drive a low hard cross into the box from the corner flag?

Why don't you teach your players to boot the ball to hell out of the park when defending under pressure in or near the box? (example - Imrie today)

Do you watch the video of the games and take players to task for mistakes and incorrect decisions taken? (example -Hastings and Imrie today)

Why do the players switch off just after half time and loose goals so often? Get them back out on the park after 10 minutes of the interval for a kick around so that we are not caught cold.

Why have we got the best discipline record in the SPL? It's because we are still nearly not street wise enough, every week we are conned by clever players who win free kicks in dangerous positions (example - Mackie today who won free kick that led to goal)

Why does Ian Black always shoot from 30 yards and get nowhere near the target? (example - today)

Why does Grant Munro never learn to pass a ball through, rather than lump it up the park even when he has acres of space and time?

Why can't our players control a ball first time like real professionals?

Why do we play one up front at home and two up front away?

I could go on and on but am totally fed up, not because we have lost again but more because the players are not improving in any basic skills whatsoever and that's the job of the management/coaching team.

Why would you question a man who's view on the game was.....

"I don't think there was much between the two teams but Aberdeen scored three goals. "

If he does not think three goals is much, what chance do we have?

Mr Brewster, what on earth do you do in training?

When was the last time we scored from a corner? 2 years, 3 years, 4 years or more! Why don't we try a short corner for a change? Why don't we try and drive a low hard cross into the box from the corner flag?

Tried several times this season, to no effect. The execution of the set pieces is the problem, not the plan.

Why don't you teach your players to boot the ball to hell out of the park when defending under pressure in or near the box? (example - Imrie today)

Done often - and often lamented by the crowd - by the defenders (examples - Jamie Duff last home game, Ross today). Imrie isn't a defender.

today)

Why do the players switch off just after half time and loose goals so often? Get them back out on the park after 10 minutes of the interval for a kick around so that we are not caught cold.

Agreed - the side went off the park today looking like they might get something. They came out looking like they'd had temazepam administered.

Why have we got the best discipline record in the SPL? It's because we are still nearly not street wise enough, every week we are conned by clever players who win free kicks in dangerous positions (example - Mackie today who won free kick that led to goal)

Was the ref conned? I'd like to see a replay but it looked fair enough. After two players talked themselves into the book today, our 'best disciplinary record' (if it exists - I'm taking your word for it) probably won't last lon.

Why does Ian Black always shoot from 30 yards and get nowhere near the target? (example - today)

Because he gets frustrated with the lack of shots on goal, which in turn is down to a lack of support from midfield for the lone striker Brew inexplicably plays at home.

Why does Grant Munro never learn to pass a ball through, rather than lump it up the park even when he has acres of space and time?

Grant made some of the better passes out of defence today - Hastings if anything was guilty of lumping it. And when Munro did hit it long, it usually found Wood or one of the midfielders making a forward run.

Why can't our players control a ball first time like real professionals?

Like the fantastic first touches from Black, Wood etc. who often today made silk purses out of sow's ears?

Why do we play one up front at home and two up front away?

Ah, that's because Brew's completely out of his depth.

I agree with the sentiment, just disagree with some of the points.

Edited by 4ize

I wouldnt be suprised with this idea of fitness fitness fitness in training under Brew.

Football, whilst a job, has to be made enjoyable for the players in training. They have to want to turn up every day. Most players play for the love of the game(and good money) and that must be kept installed at all times. If your job sucks and bores you, you aint going to be motivated and wont perform. Its common sense. Sports players are no different

It doesnt explain the amount of goals we concede just before half time. You'd think in training we'd work on stopping for 15 minutes and then not conceding.

I can only imagine the team looking like they've been given temazepam has alot to do with Brewsters half time team talk.

So point proven then 4size1

Corners - no execution work done by the looks of it at training

Yes Imrie is not a defender BUT he is now a professional footballer so basic skills shouldn't mean heading the ball ACROSS the front of the goalmouth area

Switching off after half time has happened now on a number of occasions this season and this should be worked on at training or at worst in the dressing room

According to the 'Daily Rangers' which I admit to buying on a Monday only (because I read George Galloway page), we are the best disciplined team. We are IMHO too soft and role over on too many occasions, when we came into the SPL we worked hard and never gave opponents a moments peace.

Ian Black - yes good point, he needs support and probably does show frustration

Still think that Grant struggles without a solid EXPERIENCED defender by his side and he does continually lump high balls to TRY and find our one solitary striker too often

Yes Wood very good today but generally our first touch is awful - definately a training ground issue

I say again, what are we doing at training to rectify the repeated faults in our game plan, basic skills, error reduction, set pieces, support work, man marking, use of both feet, heading skills (rosco today missed 2 sitters) etc etc etc

I can only imagine the team looking like they've been given temazepam has alot to do with Brewsters half time team talk.

Exactly. His post-match interviews send me to sleep mid-rant. Maybe that's the master plan, to anaesthetise everyone to the point where nobody cares that he's a complete fanny. I can almost hear the "Mwuahahahaha".

So point proven then 4size1

Aye, close enough, gsivemeaccccc1 :rotflmao:

Words fail me - all of this has been evident fer months.

Very few people are recognised for talking sense in their lifetimes, let alone talking a lot of sense. If I were you I'd drop the immortal tag, otherwise this could be a very long eternity. And the Brew goes marching on...

I walked out after the 2nd goal yesterday with 40 mins to go..............

I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE!

At the time we were STILL playing 4-5-1 at that point and there was no sign of a change....... When is the penny going to finally drop with Brewster or the board???

With regards to the corners yesterday, each time we won a corner Brewster actually tunrned his back and walked to the back of the technical area - thats not what a manager should be doing is it??? He should be barking orders and organising the team. And what worried me even more is that he did the same thing when we were defending corners....

Times up BREW - will you please do the decent thing and walk away! :rotflmao: