David Proctor

MichaelICT

Can anyone else understand why we persist with Proctor? Anyone who attended the game today will know how bad he was. 1st and 3rd goals were his fault and he has been inconsistant coming into the team. Jamie Duff was doing well at the start of the season when Proctor and Munro were out, but when Proctors fit he is immediately re-instated to the starting XI. You would have thought that Brewster,after seeing SOME of Proctors mistakes he would had made changes. He is obviously not a centre half,thats for sure and is a headless chicken when he's got the ball. Must be sold in January :rotflmao:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a centre half. Definately not. Your completely right there. And i think this may be the reason for the rest of your point in him not being comfortable there. But Brews the boss. He knows best eh?

I say dispose of Maguire, keep Proctor as he's versitile (just not at centre half) and bring in someone with aerial command and strength. If not available, play Duff.

Proctor looked lightweight today, muscled out of the game.

Although Jamie Duff is inexperienced he looks the best bet to partner Grant Munro. Confidence has to be gained, Jamie and Grant will match the possible threat of Sutton and Porter.

I agree to get rid of McGuire. He seems far too slow (good example Dorman's goal v us last saturday) , but I would rather him than Proctor. We started losing even more goals when Proctor moved back in after McGuires injury v Celtic. Proctor, when we say "versatile" can adapt to positions over a while ,say 3-4 games. He cannot however, like you said, play in the centre of our defence. His best position to me, is right back, but feel free to disagree and suggest a better place for us to play him. Did he play right mid last year v Rangers?

I think Proctors 3 best positions are 1st at right back. 2nd Right Mid then perhaps as a holding mid of sorts.

Then as a centre half. But a natural centre half he is not and he doesnt look a better one than either Maguire or Duff. If he is then we are seriously in the crap.

I think Proctors 3 best positions are 1st at right back. 2nd Right Mid then perhaps as a holding mid of sorts.

Then as a centre half. But a natural centre half he is not and he doesnt look a better one than either Maguire or Duff. If he is then we are seriously in the crap.

He aint a centre back - full stop.

Edited by The Mantis

The worst of it was the fact he gave up on chasing the ball as it was doddling over the line, he could have at least kept running, so what if it ended up an own goal - there was a chance he could have stopped it. If he isn't relegated to the bench then there is some favouritism around, Duff was dropped for nothing

The worst of it was the fact he gave up on chasing the ball as it was doddling over the line, he could have at least kept running, so what if it ended up an own goal - there was a chance he could have stopped it. If he isn't relegated to the bench then there is some favouritism around, Duff was dropped for nothing

Thats what I thought,He had all the time in the world to clear the ball but chose not to thinking that it was going wide. Any other player would had cleared it away. Even IF it was going narrowly wide I would have perferred to have seen him make sure that the ball didn't end up in the net.

Ive never rated proctor evn in his early days at the club, hes a half decnt 2nd choice right back.

I think brewsters got a wee fancy for him maself..............

After all he did take him to united and straight back to us.

I do recall one of the first things Levein did when he took over at united was to drop him from the first team and farm out proctor on loan to Airdrie.........

As most of us know Proctor is a right back, he is unlucky in that respect because we have a right back already.

He is a 'favourite' of Brewster so is found a position in the team. He is way too small (in height and build) to be a centre back, but then again so is McGuire. For me Duff at least has the physique to be a centre-half .

Then again you could also ask - Why was Duff played at right back? Why is Cowie played on the left? Why is Imrie played on the right, Why was Vigurs played in a holding role rather than Duncan? Why was McBain played right-midfield? etc, etc,etc.

Brewster has so many ludicrous tactical decisions it is almost laughable....almost :rotflmao:

If Proctor starts against Motherwell next week, I will seriously have to think about wheather i'll return to a game under Brewster. Fraser got dropped after a bad game while Duff was dropped after a number of VERY good performances. And don't get me started on why he plays Wood up front on his own :rotflmao:

I thought Wood did very well yesterday considering he had little support.

Proctor had a feckin nightmare of a game, just watched the highlights online, by **** he has to be dropped, he had a dodgy back header which ended up with Miller shooting just wide, then he gave away the free kick that they scored from, it was Imrie that really caused the fault for their second, and it was Hastings that was to blame for the third, he seemed to be on his ass for most of the game.

But I hope Cowie has stopped picking up his wages, he doesnt work for them thats for sure.

He's too short and finely built to be a central defender and his performance was pritty pathetic yesterday. First touch was a diabolical header back to Esson that Mackie latched onto. And the second thing was giving away the free-kick. The only reason he plays is because it was Brewsters idea to put him there. Its Brews ego talking. Decent right back though or cover for midfield.

As most of us know Proctor is a right back, he is unlucky in that respect because we have a right back already.

He is a 'favourite' of Brewster so is found a position in the team. He is way too small (in height and build) to be a centre back, but then again so is McGuire. For me Duff at least has the physique to be a centre-half .

Then again you could also ask - Why was Duff played at right back? Why is Cowie played on the left? Why is Imrie played on the right, Why was Vigurs played in a holding role rather than Duncan? Why was McBain played right-midfield? etc, etc,etc.

Brewster has so many ludicrous tactical decisions it is almost laughable....almost :rotflmao:

Good post m8, you know you football.

Proctor isnt capable of playing anywhere in any team except maybe bench warmer. He just consistently delivers horrible performances rivalled only by Paateleinen when he was here. Both him and brew must leave now! total crap!

Proctor sucks :rotflmao: if he isn't sold in january i will scream! But brewster :thumb04: (who also sucks) has to stop playing a 4-5-1 ( :018: ) at home it's not the way to win. Pressely for manager!!!

Csaba Laszlo plays 4-5-1 at home.

Walter Smith played 4-5-1 every week last season, Man Utd play a variation of 4-5-1, as did Chelsea under Mourinho.