News Release from Club

DJS

News release from ICT FC

Inverness Caledonian Thistle plan to invest to help ensure the club retains its SPL status.

Chairman George Fraser said:"The major shareholders and the board are united in our determination to improve on a position where we are one of four teams level on points at the foot of the table.

"We realise we need to strengthen the squad in January and significant finance has been made available to the manager for this purpose. He knows his budget.

A network of sources will be used to help director of football Graeme Bennett to assist in the recruitment process."

Mr Fraser added:"The directors realise there is disquiet among supporters at our poor home record and league position. We share that disappointment and recognise that it needs to improve if we are to rise in the table.

"The long term future of this club is safe thanks to the emphasis which has been placed on sustainability. But we are ready to invest in the short term with the aim of ensuring SPL football for Inverness and the Highlands next season."

ends

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

News release from ICT FC

Inverness Caledonian Thistle plan to invest to help ensure the club retains its SPL status.

Chairman George Fraser said:"The major shareholders and the board are united in our determination to improve on a position where we are one of four teams level on points at the foot of the table.

"We realise we need to strengthen the squad in January and significant finance has been made available to the manager for this purpose. He knows his budget.

A network of sources will be used to help director of football Graeme Bennett to assist in the recruitment process."

Mr Fraser added:"The directors realise there is disquiet among supporters at our poor home record and league position. We share that disappointment and recognise that it needs to improve if we are to rise in the table.

"The long term future of this club is safe thanks to the emphasis which has been placed on sustainability. But we are ready to invest in the short term with the aim of ensuring SPL football for Inverness and the Highlands next season."

ends

clowns

Pity, if we have some money to invest that we are apparently entrusting that investment to a manager who has clearly run out of ideas and the ability to motivate the players.

If the club are going to stick with Craig Brewster as manager they would be better off keeping any funds available for next season's promotion battle.

Edited by Kingsmills

Not what I wanted to hear but I for one welcome this statement even though it is a little overdue. I also noticed that Brewster was not named as "the manager"

Surely they can see what the vast majority of the supporters can see can't they? The disquiet, and low league position, is, in the main, due to a manager who is tactically inept, and appears to have lost the respect of the players.

Giving him money in January? Is this to replace our main players, who'll be leaving? So who are these lifesavers we're going to bring in?

Sorry like, the players we already have are good enough to get us out of this.....unfortunately, the manager isn't.

Haeds and sand springs to mind.

News release from ICT FC

ends

Why dont they use those funds to pay off brewster and get black and cowie on new contracts instead of letting the half-wit brewster waste it. Lets just hope that "the manager" is not brewster come January. Mr George Fraser fails to mention the disquiet amongst the fans about whos in charge.

BREWSTER MUST GO!!!!

Edited by andrewt

I sincerely hope "invest" means increase the amount of money being offered to Ian Black and, I suppose, Don Cowie, although he hasn't earned it this season. I don't know how these players are who would a) make a difference to the club and :rotflmao: be willing to come to the club.

My hopes were raised when I saw this thread title, but I guess Brewster gets at least one more week. If we lose at Motherwell, however, I think that might be that - the Rangers game is not one we would expect to take anything out of and appointing a new manager after the motherwell game would still give him more than a fortnight to prepare for the Hamilton game.

Edited by alternative maryhill

News release from ICT FC

ends

Will the other clubs not also be investing in their squads? Meanwhile our squad gets even more demotivated by the apparent lack of direction.

Not what I wanted to hear but I for one welcome this statement even though it is a little overdue. I also noticed that Brewster was not named as "the manager"

Well, that's one way of taking hope from the announcement! Giving more money to the current manager would be the last thing I would do - you might as well buy a load of ice cream and build a hot chestnut stall out of it.

Woah, slow down guys, we have been screaming for contact from the club and given that the email campaign was only started up little over a week ago this statement has been released a lot quicker than I, for one, expected. It also goes further than I expected in "we" the fans are mentioned, we complained about getting copied and pasted replies to our mails but I think this statement from the club shows they are taking our concerns seriously. Let's hope that they are still considering the removal of CB. let's also hope that the extra money is used to tempt Cowie and Black to stay.

Well, that's one way of taking hope from the announcement! Giving more money to the current manager would be the last thing I would do - you might as well buy a load of ice cream and build a hot chestnut stall out of it.

THe Director of Football was mentioned by name so all hope is not lost. I hope.

Rankin scored an amazing goal against Celtic recently but was not good enough for Brew. Brew tells us 'Look at St Mirren they have just won 9 points ' but he fails to point out that one Dennis Wyness scores the winner in one, makes two against us, and lays a cracker on a plate for their win this Saturday. We have had a problem in the back four for two years yet Brew invests in Lionel after saying farewell to Watt. Ian Black is playing brilliantly against the odds at present but we may lose him. Cowie last season was a revelation - we may lose him. Mike Fraser is an SPL goalkeeper who needs a positive offer to stay. These issues need resolved before we search for a big competent centre half and goal scorer - must clubs need these. In a crisis experience is important but Barry was ditched probably because he was a threat.

Surely if we have a fortune to spend we will attract mercenaries and demoralise those who currently work their socks off for the team? Unless the more active fans have got their perceptions very wrong, the problem is not with the playing staff although as earlier pointed out, the Chairman does not name the Manager being tasked with resolving the problem. Mind you he does state the Manager knows his budget which rules Robbo out.

Football management involves more than the ability to play golf or supp in the Heathmount so it will be interesting to see if the lure of cash before Brew's eyes turns him into an ace motivator. The long term future of the club is safe based on the emphasis on sustainability but playing 2 Division football might be the result. We have to believe that all the small group who selected Brew in the first place know one hell of a lot more than we the fans do. Having witnessed the world banking system collapse over night following the breaking of most of its own rules of prudence and stewardship I am optimistic our board know what they are doing handing Brew a wad of hard earned cash to invest in football results. After all, his record speaks for itself as Grassa announced to the Courier Friday.

Guest Spectre

I read the news release the same as Birdog. It mentions Graham Bennett by name but only refers to the "manager" as having money to spend. Deliberately vague or clumsy?