Gers in for Cowie?

caley100

According to this mornings sports report on radio scotland, Rangers are showing interest in signing Cowie, Smith says he was impressed the last time he played at Ibrox... mmm would he be a big loss? he's been off the boil for a while now.

If Rangers signed him on a pre-contract agreement and not offer us money would Cowie bother his ass for the rest of the season?

I think Cowie's problem this season is that he's played in a different position every week. If he moves to the dark side then at least he would have a settled position there.............................The Bench !!!

They would get Cowie for loose change, and hae a good second stringer. He will be very thrilled and we will be ?40k (estimate) richer.

I heard this rumour a few weeks ago too. Seems Rangers want him as cover because of the Thompson injury. I think both Black and Cowie would be a major loss for the club, Cowie did after all win every player of the year awards last year.

I heard this rumour a few weeks ago too. Seems Rangers want him as cover because of the Thompson injury. I think both Black and Cowie would be a major loss for the club, Cowie did after all win every player of the year awards last year.

Christ, that doesn't say much for Rangers' knowledge of their opponents' players - hasn't Thompson been a deep, ball-winning midfielder for almost the whole time he's been there? Cowie almost never plays that role for us. I suppose he might get Mendes's place for League Cup games if he moves.

Is sounding more and more likely we're going to lose the heart of our midfield though :rotflmao: I really hope some of this promised money is going to be directed at making Black a substantially higher offer than the one on the table - although as Alex pointed out, Brewster's probably trying to get rid of dissenters.

Cowie would be no real loss. He's not the player he was when he first signed. Still rather he stayed though. Black on the other hand would be a massive loss.

Slight contradiction there........ I think he would be a massive loss!

no disrespect to cowie. but i dont think he'll get a game at rangers. he'll be left in the reserves.

That may be true but with him recently having a child his priorities will have changed from enjoying his job to earning as much as possible to build a future for his child.

Christ, that doesn't say much for Rangers' knowledge of their opponents' players - hasn't Thompson been a deep, ball-winning midfielder for almost the whole time he's been there? Cowie almost never plays that role for us. I suppose he might get Mendes's place for League Cup games if he moves.

Is sounding more and more likely we're going to lose the heart of our midfield though :rotflmao: I really hope some of this promised money is going to be directed at making Black a substantially higher offer than the one on the table - although as Alex pointed out, Brewster's probably trying to get rid of dissenters.

According to a Hun supporting person I know their right winger would move inside and Cowie play his natural position.

I have my doubts whether Cowie would always start for Rangers either, that said I never thought Robson would get a regular game for Celtic and Scotland, but I think he would be a good buy for them anyway.

He can play play in the middle of the park, right midfield, just off the forward(s) and Brew thinks he can also play left midfield.

He would also be handy just for cover in case Ferguson or Mendes etc got injured or just to rest someone in a 'lesser' game.

Tbh, I think he is our most valuable player

Would also be a great move for Cowie, he will earn much, much more money and it could vastly improve his reputation.

Edited by stomach

According to a Hun supporting person I know their right winger would move inside and Cowie play his natural position.

Wasn't aware they played with a right winger , who is he ?