Gers in for Cowie?

caley100

There is a good chance Cowie could leave but realisticaly it is never going to be Rangers, even if Smith was impressed with him in one game that doesnt mean he has any intention of even looking at him again. More likely he would move to a Dundee Utd or Hibs. Also there would be no 'deal' as he would be going on a free transfer so we would get sod all for him

Wouldn't be nothing if he left in January but it would be pretty low. I can see Smith taking on Cowie as a squad player and I could see Don thinking the finances made it worthwhile. I was just drafting an article for the blog looking at worst buys of the season. I was shocked at how much Smith had spent on players not doing it - Edu (?2.6M!!!), Lafferty, Webster, Miller and Velicka. Shocking!

Well if there's anything in the story it shows somebody rates him. He hasn't become a poor player overnight.

Just like Wyness and others he needs a new manager in order to perform. The solution's just what it's always been. Brewster out.

I'm sure there's a good dose of gamesmanship in this. It's no coincidence that at this time of year you often get the managers of teams hinting at interest in players of clubs they are due to meet during that period and then for nothing to come of it.

This club is falling apart.

Reason Cowies been so rubbish this season is because Brewster plays him out of position. Same with Imrie, Proctor and even Barrowman. Why does he insist on playing them in areas where they are clearly uncomfortable.

If we lose Cowie and Black we will go down simply because we will have no quality midfielders left whatsoever. Alot of good midfielders left last season and Brew was too thick to forget about getting any half decent replacements.

BREWSTER OUT!!!!

Edited by ajsict92

As seems to be the case in most threads. Lets bring this back to Craig Brewster.

Cowie signed, was good for a season and now he's not so good.

I blame Brewster. I just dont think he can get the best out of anyone or motivate a team. I hated watching the match on Saturday and seeing that none of the players really tried to get anyone else pumped up as we started to go behind.

What I would like for Christmas is a new manager and Cowie to stay. People are saying that it wouldnt be a big loss, but he is a quality player who can score goals, and we have no replacement for that yet.

He isn't rangers class. No doubt this story is a result either of lazy journalism or Cowies agent trying to hype his man up with a bit of dodgey used car salesmanship. I remember many moons ago Phil McGuires agent claimed he was being watched by liverpool. :rotflmao:

The reality is, Cowie has been tosh this season and could probably do with being dropped for a while. Perhaps he isn't quite the player he first appeared to be, or maybe his early success has gone to his head. Either way on his current form he wouldn't be a great loss.

It's no coincidence that so many players seem to have lost their edge. One or two and you could place it firmly in the lap of the individual, but when it seems to be happening to so many then you have to look beyond that to find the common denominator!!!

Let's face facts - Cowie will be away before next season. Hardly a bold statement I know but there is virtually zero chance of him being here for 2009/10. The only thing to confirm is where he goes.