Blackie Thread (merged)

Scotty

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everything has been chewed over apart from whether Black will leave in January or at the end of his contract. Hearts have said they are after a striker and have too many midfielders and need to shift players, so i doubt that they will be spending any cash on a player they will have for free in the summer. Double edged sword.

And this just in from BBC website I love the quote that "There are people behind the scenes that have looked after me very well and I've learned a lot,"

Behind the scenes...

(Edited for BBC link)

Edited by Kirishima

Money is not the main factor in Ian's move. It may well be A factor, but not the only one or main one.

I take it back Scotty it wasn't just the money....

There are people behind the scenes that have looked after me very well and I've learned a lot," Black said of his time at Caledonian Stadium.

"But I used to play for Tynecastle Boys' Club and they have strong links with Hearts. I was a ball boy at Tynecastle and my dad used to play for them - so it's great to be joining the club.

BBC Link

Edited by Harry Chibber

"I met Csaba last week. He seems like a great guy. I know what his plans are for the club and he has high expectations - so it's going to be great.

"He knows what he is doing. Everything that he says gives you a lot of confidence and I liked what he had to say."

BBC Link

Does anyone else thing this is a dig at brewster

it is going from bad to worse! we are losing players and getting nothing in return, the Director of Football is to blame in my eyes, not brewster although i wish he would hurry up and f3ck off before he takes us down.

Edited by mikeyrob73

Does anyone else thing this is a dig at brewster

I'd say without a doubt. I mind going to watch us play Hearts at Tynecastle when the 2 of them had fallen out. We needed Black on the pitch badly but Brewster sent him to warm up 3 times and never played him.

So now we have a big hole in the midfield as well as the ones in defence and upfront. This does not bode well. Even with the recent trouble building up, its not until now that I've started to doubt if we'll survive a relegation battle.

Time the manager was replaced.

Edited by TheresNoEsInBlack

i hope he doesnt go, not yet anyway he is still young and still has plenty off time 2 move on in the future i just want him 2 stay a bit longer as i believe he still has alot more to show off his abilities

aint gonna happen unfortunately ..... and it looks like we should get ready to watch Cowie follow him out the door

I think Blacks statement is very telling

There are people behind the scenes that have looked after me very well."

and

"I met Csaba last week...He knows what he is doing."

I cannot believe we are losing him, and Cowie too. A Scotland B player and the first Div player of the year for nothing.

The Director of Football/Vice-Chairman, Mr Graeme Bennett, is equally at fault over this and as this whole situation goes on more and more people at the club are being exposed.

Black was taken off after about 1/4 of an hour in the home game v hearts this seasn i felt we looked really blunt and had no cuttin edge coming from anywhere a real blow for us can't see past vigurs as a replacement as anyone who is as good as black is ou8t of our price range.

It was kind of inevitable. What happened to the days where we had all our players on long term contracts, well before January came round?

We have lost, and continue to lose our best players. Black is just the next one in a very long line of players who have left or have been pushed out the door. We haven't recovered since Dods left, and then telling the likes of Graham Bayne to leave in the summer when we had almost no recognised strikers on the pay roll. Now our midfield is vanishing before our eyes with Black and Wilson gone/going, and probably Cowie too.

Good luck to Blackie at Hearts. I would be very happy to see him stay until summer as I think he would continue to give his all for the club. If he helped us stay in the SPL, the money from that would be a lot more than the money we would get from Hearts in January.

• 2 weeks later...

If Ian Black wants to move on I wish him well.

He has, like many others, put a lot into his game over the years, he's football has encouraged youngsters to one day fulfil their dream of one day playing for ICT, just like he wants to at Hearts.

A lot of youngsters look up to Ian Black so I hope he continues to play at his best and continues to meet the high expectations of his fans