County move for Barrowman

Yngwie

Saw this in today's Daily Record, who state that a "concrete" approach has been made to ICT to take Barrenman off our hands. Goes on to say:

"A Caley Thistle source said: "Craig (Brewster) is thinking it over but may be amenable - his immediate responce certainly wasn't no. If a deal can be done, it is something that may well work in both clubs' favour.""

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this in today's Daily Record, who state that a "concrete" approach has been made to ICT to take Barrenman off our hands. Goes on to say:

"A Caley Thistle source said: "Craig (Brewster) is thinking it over but may be amenable - his immediate responce certainly wasn't no. If a deal can be done, it is something that may well work in both clubs' favour.""

Ask county if they want Brewster instead!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotflmao:

I love stories like these! Almost always have "Our source said..." or "A club insider told us..." to add some credibility to the story.

Before he signed for ICT it was said there were at least be 3 other SPL clubs interested in signing him, plus quite a few other clubs from England...

Naturally he chose to sign for ICT :thumb04:

:rotflmao:

I love stories like these! Almost always have "Our source said..." or "A club insider told us..." to add some credibility to the story.

Before he signed for ICT it was said there were at least be 3 other SPL clubs interested in signing him, plus quite a few other clubs from England...

Naturally he chose to sign for ICT :thumb04:

Aye it's a shorter trip back across the bridge when he got found out.

There are some interesting snippets on Bannerman on the web which point to a somewhat temperamental player. If Brewster had done his homework he would have been aware of many issues. He is probably temporary bait for Higgins.

Colin Hendry 2004 "More importantly, he didn't have the fight along with the rest of the lads here at the minute and he didn't show the right attitude, so we have let him go back and wasted a loan.

"It was a three-month loan and he has gone back after eight or nine days, so it is disappointing, but we will look around to find a replacement."

Barrowman gone (Saddlers Mad)

'' The official website has today revealed the news that striker Andrew Barrowman has left the club by mutual consent. The striker was a panic signing by ex-manager Paul Merson after Matty Fryatt and Jorge Leitao left the club. ''

Well done to comment by iaincdrcfc (U12457620) What do County fans think of letting Andrew Barrowman go to Caley Thistle, I know he is out of contract but we don't seem to be trying to keep him!!

posted Jun 23, 2008

'Barrowman is certainly a great player for Ross County but he would be mad to go straight to the SPL. He will sit on the bench for the year.'

'ICT still an option says Barrowman

By Graham Linton

Published: 23 May, 2008

ANDREW Barrowman will not be a Ross County player next season after deciding to call time on his successful short-term stint at the Dingwall club.'

Despite all this and more, I still feel one good goal could wake him up and boost his confidence.

'' The official website has today revealed the news that striker Andrew Barrowman has left the club by mutual consent. The striker was a panic signing by ex-manager Paul Merson Craig Brewster.

I can see that being posted in the www.ictfc.premiumtv.co.uk/ "The dugout" section in a week or two.

I still think Barrowman would score the goals if he got the service.

Unfortunately in a midfield that seems to be devoid of creativity he is always going to struggle

"Devoid of creativity".... I love that phrase even when it doesn't always sum up players' skills very adequately...

Yngwie started this topic - I'm sure he could come up with a more appropriate choice of words... :rotflmao:

Edited by Johnboy

i think he should go because he is no use at caley and cant be good as he was at county last year so i would be glad if he went he would get caley ?40,000

ad like to see barrowboy stay, but under a different manager. he knows where the goal is and you dont loose that instinct overnight. is he any worse than the others at the moment. i think the term underperformer applies to most of the team under the leadership of mr bawbag.

I still think Barrowman would score the goals if he got the service.

Unfortunately with a midfield that seems to be devoid of creativity he is always going to struggle

I would say you have you a have hit the nail on the head there.

Barrowman will score goals if he gets enough chances inside the penalty area. he'll miss as many as he scores, but he gets into the right positions.

Last year with County, we were creating plenty of chances, and that's why he scored so many.. I think we all said he would struggle in the SPL with Caley. Basically because strikers in the SPL need to do a lot o tracking back and helping out in other areas of the field. Barrowman isn't that sort of player. I suppose you could liken him to Kris Boyd in that he is good at finding the back of the net, but don't expect any more from him.

Still, with the chances County have created and missed this season, I would take him back to Dingwall in a heartbeat - even if it was a loan deal, and you never know.. Caley's top goalscorer this season could well score most of the goals for County !