County move for Barrowman

Yngwie

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Given that he's the highest wage earner at the club apart from Foran, the club may well be happy to part with him in January unless he somehow discovers his scoring touch between now and then.

Barrowman finding his scoring touch - we're still living in hope on that one !

If this did happen it would come back to bite us one the arse

I'd happily sell him to anyone else apart from C*unty

well look what happened the last time so many went to county... I agree with this 100%. anyone just not them!!!!! This is just a daft rumor anyway....

If this did happen it would come back to bite us one the arse

I'd happily sell him to anyone else apart from C*unty

thats for sure

i think if we were to sell him then we would be wise not to sell him to another first division side. Championship would be fine :tonguecheek: for a decent transfer fee :tonguecheek:

Even that was too much.

:)

A subsidised loan deal would be good, try Aberdeen first, he impressed in his first game against them.I'm sure he is probably highly thought of in the 2nd div too.

He bummed himself up to Brewster so much to achieve his wage, why not see if Brewster will fall for it again.

• 4 weeks later...

Barrowmans spending his hard earned cash well...on a brand new Audi A5.

Bit of a slap in the face really given we have to pay shocking prices to watch games every Saturday at home and players like him who give nothing back get to drive about in flash cars.

Edited by roscoe23

Bit of a slap in the face really given we have to pay shocking prices to watch games every Saturday at home and players like him who give nothing back get to drive about in flash cars.

I can understand your sentiment in this, the clubs, hard up times but we are not quite in the Dubai type state where the ruling Sheiks govern even your choice of mobile phone and indeed your car type.

ICT will allow him to spend what and where he likes, it is his cash. Maybe the acceleration of his motor will rub off on him and we will see him make surging runs on the park to score winning goals for us. The win bonus will pay off the car in very little time.

Now we are in a terrible financial state, i think it would be highly likely if county wanted barrowman, they would easily get him.

Id be happy for him to go, even though i rate him better than Roony. I just have a hunch that it would be a big mistake if we did let him go....probably end up hammering the goals in for county.

I wish some people would get it through their thick heads. The reason Barrowman has done nowt so far is because he's been played completely the wrong way. He is not a targetman as he was used under Brewster, and under Butcher he's barely been given a chance. Barrowman is a guy you play alongside someone with ball being slipped into the box by the players behind. Under the previous two regimes, he hasn't had that.

Well, if nothing else, at least he has good taste in cars. I wish we could find someone to take him off our hands, though. The term "white elephant" could have been invented for him. Even if he is played out of position, I've never seen anything from him that would justify his alleged wages.

So you've seen him drive an A5. So what! There on the market for people to own. It's no business of anybody what he drives, nor what he earns. Somebody decided he was worth what he gets and chose to pay him accordingly.

As has been said its not necessarilly his fault he doesn't get a game. Brewster took him in then never played him. Butcher doesn't play him. What should he do? Walk away?

Fuel prices are high. The countries in recession. Oil companies are tightening their belts. Best I don't get seen in an Audi A5.

Incidently, envy is the cause of many a war and will be the ruination of mankind.

Edited by Alex MacLeod