County move for Barrowman

Yngwie

Barrowman was Butcher's first choice striker when he arrived. How many goals did he score? I don't get to see ICT so much these days (for the obvious reason) but whenever I've seen Barrowman, he's done nothing to convince me how can be a top-class striker. He doesn't score and doesn't have the skill to set up others. I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong but I doubt it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please point out my nonsense... Im just asking a question or two so if you know the answer please give them, if you think its nonsense please point out the errors in my ways...

not good enough for ICT, we are in the SFL1 he was awsome in SFL2, we are not as good as we once were, Look at who we let go over the bridge for not being good enough for ICT however they seem to be doing a fantastic job for RC in the SFL1..

I take it your referring to Ian Vigurs ? Hardly doing a fantastic job IMHO .

" DUE TO BUTCHER WANTING HE BUDDYS TO PLAY.... and making it his empire and IMO against the good of the team.." Thats the bit I have a problem with .

towards the end of last season he was trying to make his mark and playing folk out of possition "Empire building" "Trying to Make his mark" and week in week out he'll have Stanny boy on the bench but have other "more capable players" out the picture. and seems to keep playing folk he "Likes" regardless of skills and disapline... This is not for the good of the team IMO

Why do I get the feeling this will come back to bite us?

I feel the same!

It seems impossible that a proven goal scorer can stop scoring goals. I realise we are talking about him moving up a league (or two at the start), but you feel there must have been times when he could have stuck the ball in the net, for us, as he had done in the past.

He has been given a chance but does not perform for us but like you, I am a bit apprehensive that he will return to form once he leaves us.

However the time for action on the park is past so maybe it is time to offload.

It may kickstart his career and the money side of things maybe less important to him than getting a regular game with goals to his name.

I feel the same!

It seems impossible that a proven goal scorer can stop scoring goals. I realise we are talking about him moving up a league (or two at the start), but you feel there must have been times when he could have stuck the ball in the net, for us, as he had done in the past.

He has been given a chance but does not perform for us but like you, I am a bit apprehensive that he will return to form once he leaves us.

It may kickstart his career and the money side of things maybe less important to him than getting a regular game with goals to his name.

Barrowman has only proved that he can score goals in a team that's romping the Second Division. He has played a number of games in the SPL, First Division and the lower leagues of England without making any impact.

I think Barrowman is the type of player who will only score goals regularly for a team that dominates games, as County were doing that year. He's a poacher that needs to play in a team that's creating loads of chances. Equally, any team that can afford the luxury of such a player must be strong enough in other areas of the pitch to compensate for his lack of input into general play. Maybe Adams knows how to use him and it'll work out, but from what i've seen of him (and them), i don't see what Barrowman would bring to the current County team.

• 3 weeks later...

I know for a fact, from a County source, they have moved for Barrowman. He will be going.

At least they have money. We seem to be doing a great job of messing up our club and our investors are putting no money in. I have heard they have even stopped butter being put in the players sandwiches to save money. They have changed it to margarine cause its cheaper.

:)

I know for a fact, from a County source, they have moved for Barrowman. He will be going.

We've been telling you all for about 2 months now that he would be moving in January to County.. It's been one of the worst kept secrets this year.

I doubt he'll play on Saturday though. Even if the paperwork does go through on time, I doubt he'll be thrown straight into the team without any training with the rest of the team...

The only possibility would be a place on the bench for a last 15 minutes if anything

I seriously doubt that this comes as news to many especially as this post was started a year ago!!

It's been pretty obvious the club has been trying to get shot of him and his wage bill for ages & they've made it abundantly clear to the player he isn't wanted by his exclusion from the match day squads for the last few months.

He never stood a chance with our style of play but I'm sure he'll bag more than his fair share of goals for County as they'll be more able to supply the service he needs in the box.

At least it's one less millstone around our neck

We've been telling you all for about 2 months now that he would be moving in January to County.. It's been one of the worst kept secrets this year.

This rumour has been on the go for a lot longer than that. Still, if you persevere with it then it might come true eventually Keep at it :lol:.

I feel the same!

He's a proven goalscorer in the second diviision - he has never been prolific in anyother division. If i recall correctly he has only scored 1 goal in the 1st division and thats when he play for I think QofS (correct me if I am wrong)

On the flip side of your comment - how can a striker who can not score for Caley but scores regularly for Brechin?

Answer - he has found his level.