Old bands in Invss 60's 70's

latviaman

Was trying to remember the bands when I was growing up in Sneck in 60's 70's saw a film playing 60's music and I remembered the Wildcats, Flock, Accents, Size 4 all from Inverness , the Rebel Sounds, does anyone remember them are any still around in various guises???

Was trying to remember the bands when I was growing up in Sneck in 60's 70's saw a film playing 60's music and I remembered the Wildcats, Flock, Accents, Size 4 all from Inverness , the Rebel Sounds, does anyone remember them are any still around in various guises???

Remember a couple of eighties bands. Cooks of Kindness and Imfamous Kettle Brothers

Size is now a Procurator Fiscal, or High Court judge at the Capital. Gamekeeper/poacher etc etc

Nodders can be seen hingin about the town, waiting for that elusive big break.

Wee Kev the drummer is driving a taxi, last seen.

Er That's all.

One or two spring to mind.

There was Jed Ludd in the early 70's who were dire and thankfully didn't last.

The Kicks, which became The Kut - they were going for years and as I recall played in the Marquee in London once or twice - wouldn't be surprised if they're still going. A Police soundalike, but with a lot of original material.

NiteHox from the 80's - very accomplished cover band with one or 2 songs of their own.

There were a few in the late 70's/early 80's generally stemming from the Punk thing - The Hormones, As The Crow Flies, No Reaction, Vizion, none of which came to much but I remember seeing As The Crow Flies and Vizion, both of which impressed me greatly. And I remember the Kettle Brothers too - a synth and drum machine duo as I recall, with an old kettle placed on a desk between them. Pretty pish, or maybe I shouild say, not really my scene!

Axis was a brilliant Heavy Metal band from Inverness, featuring the excellent Andy Murray, who later joined Wolfstone.

Would anyone on this forum admit to playing in any of these bands? Or maybe someone's got a grandad who played for one of them . . . . . :rotflmao:

One or two spring to mind.

There was Jed Ludd in the early 70's who were dire and thankfully didn't last.

Do I know you?

Jed Ludd's singer was Oscar winner Jimmy Chisholm who used to commute from drama college in Embra to get bottled of in Avoch, Rosemakie and whereever else duty called.

Mid rather than early 70s, though - another year later and we'd have been in punk, and dropped the lawyer-inspired Yes inflections. But fair call, "dire" covers it.

Edited by gordyfromsneck

I knew the drummer from The Kicks(Kut) for a bit when i was a kid, worked as a taxi driver for a while and gave me some drum lessons when i started playing..

I also knew Moggy who played in the cooks of kindness, he passed away a few years ago now, worked in the Market Bar

RIP Moggs

I knew the drummer from The Kicks(Kut) for a bit when i was a kid, worked as a taxi driver for a while and gave me some drum lessons when i started playing..

I also knew Moggy who played in the cooks of kindness, he passed away a few years ago now, worked in the Market Bar

RIP Moggs

Christ that was a shock, I knew Moggy for years, I had no idea he passed away it must of been when I was overseas. Any idea on what happened to him

RIP Moggs

Christ that was a shock, I knew Moggy for years, I had no idea he passed away it must of been when I was overseas. Any idea on what happened to him

I think it was an asthma attack, Stevie.

• 4 weeks later...

Mid rather than early 70s, though - another year later and we'd have been in punk, and dropped the lawyer-inspired Yes inflections. But fair call, "dire" covers it.

Gotta admit - I was fishing a bit with the comments. I actually quite liked JL. Can I take it you were a member of said band?

Incidentally, I am told that a member of the aforementioned No Reaction has been known to post on this site from across the pond!

• 1 month later...