Hamilton Game (merged)

chris123

Now I remember why I seldom post and the responses here confirm it - make a comment and get shot down in flames, criticised, comment taken out of context, misconstrued, etc - can't people see that the Directors organised this with Kath, as she is Bus Convener for the Supporters Club. Surely its for the benefit of the Supporters and our Football Club and maybe, just maybe, more people will travel on the supporters buses in future. It is will be interesting to see how many turn up to go on the Supporters bus for the next away game when payment has to be made.

Very sorry I posted "last night" and not Wednesday night - dreadful error for me to make to those who are always accurate.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I remember why I seldom post and the responses here confirm it - make a comment and get shot down in flames, criticised, comment taken out of context, misconstrued, etc.....

as i've said before lizi there's always someone about that will do that to anyone - you're not unique!!

keep posting - everyone's got the right to their own opinions...

It was insinuated in at least one post though.

But not from anyone who could claim to be associated with the Supporters Trust other than perhaps as a member.

It seems to be a case of mountains and molehills.

The club, or to be more specific, the directors, have made an excellent gesture designed to give us a bigger than expected support at a crucial away game. The Supporters Club have been asked to facilitate the running of the buses because that is what they do, and they do it well. The Supporters Trust has called for all supporters to get behind the team and courtesy of this gesture from the board, this is a good opportunity to do so.

so rather than get all pedantic about who did what, or whether it was organised because Accies are paying their fans into Victoria Park or because they have dropped the cost of our game to a tenner, lets hope fans can applaud the board gesture, take advantage of the buses the supporters club are running, and do what the Trust have urged which is to get behind the team ....... that way everyone can be united behind the players on the park.

oh - and lets hope it also encourages more people to take advantage of supporters buses in the future.

............... and maybe, just maybe, more people will travel on the supporters buses in future. It is will be interesting to see how many turn up to go on the Supporters bus for the next away game when payment has to be made.

my understanding was that there used to be 2 sometimes 3 buses going to away games.

with no reference to things on the park i'm curious to know why folk don't use them now...

and could anything be done to get more folk to use them in the future?

looking for ideas...

May as well make the most of the ?10 entry fee and free transport but will need to book the seats early.

How long does the supporters bus take these days, pick up and drop off times please and is the stadium STILL the very very last place to be dropped off.

............... and maybe, just maybe, more people will travel on the supporters buses in future. It is will be interesting to see how many turn up to go on the Supporters bus for the next away game when payment has to be made.

my understanding was that there used to be 2 sometimes 3 buses going to away games.

with no reference to things on the park i'm curious to know why folk don't use them now...

looking for ideas...

As someone who doesn't live in Sneck, but who has used supporters bus in the past from Perth, I think the times of the buses may have something to do with it. People want to get there and have time for a drink or two before a game. The buses normally got there a quarter hour or so before kick off.

with no reference to things on the park I'm curious to know why folk don't use them now...

looking for ideas...

The distance is a problem, if other clubs were only 40 miles away the buses would be used a lot more, if St Johnstone come up next season the buses would be busy for that away fixture. were not going down.

Speed up the journey.

Hand out a timetable on the bus so people know when and where you are going to stop for fag, food/pub breaks and return time.

Get all supporters mobile nos on the way down so they can be phoned if they are lost or in pub instead of waiting 1/2 an hour for missing fans, and have a cut off time.

Trim fag breaks and chippie breaks on the way home and drop off at the stadium FIRST and the bus station SECOND after that, passengers can tip the driver AGAIN for getting dropped off closer to home.

Apologies if these things are now in place I have not been on the supporters bus in a long time due to the above. getting only 2 days off a week I did not want to spend one of them on a bus that often.

If I had more time on my hands I would use it more.

Would be an ideal opportunity for some positive P.R. for the club if they were to give our fans free tickets for this all important match . It might also encourage a few more to travel and support the team .

It wasn't the Trust or the supporters club that gave the directors the idea ..............

It was obviously taken from my post yesterday morning :rotflmao:

With attitudes like lizi's I would rather pay money and travel on a minibus from the Innes Bar supporters lot.

I don't really care who is sponsoring the bus/buses, it is still a very generous offer and I am sure all fans are grateful. It was lizi herself who in this paragraph made the statement and finshed it off by shouting in capitals, tsk tsk.

Please note everyone:

The free buses are entirely an arrangement between the Board of ICT and the Supporters CLUB, and nothing to do with the Trust or their meeting last night. The Trust may claim their involvement but it is entirely nothing to do with the Trust, but everything to do with the SUPPORTERS CLUB.

Then to come on and tell us that's why she seldom posts on here..........what did you expext after making these assumptions?

Sounds like a woman scorned and all that.

Anyway, make good use of the offer and the reduced entry fee and lets turn up the heat.

Or perhaps she is a volunteer who is really dedicated to and proud of the work of the supporters club and was just being protective of it. Anyway, I could see that she was just wanting to bigup the supporters club so no problem with that. Hope you are still about Lizi.

Good thing the free buses, exactly the kind of considerate act that heals wounds and plasters over cracks. They dont have to do much to keep the fans happy, but they do have to do at least something, anything! Well done whoever was responsible for this and to all who will assist with it :rotflmao:

Guest BillyOceansXI

This is excellent news, I think i will now be able to convince a couple non football fans to come along and check out the two bottom teams in the SPL battle it out.

Cannot believe this!!

I was only suggesting that given the hard time the supporters trust were giving the club, and the press interest this had generated.

This move by the club, might be seen not just as good PR but as a gesture of appeasment. I could perhaps pose the question would it have happened if we had not had this situation of unrest between the board and the trust?

I was not trying for one minute to suggest that the trust were directly responsible for this or organising it and I definately was not trying to undermine the role of the supporters club or upset this lady.

I appologise, for over estimating some peoples ability to see I was reading between the lines and looking at the wider political context.

G

Edited by kiltarlity

There's a free supportes bus next weekend for the trip to Hamilton but I heard that there are no stops cause it's been run by the club.

How can they expect fans to go all the way from Inveness to Glasgow and Glasgow to Inveness without a stop?

sorry to bring this topic up again, but i need a bit of information. Does anyone know if there are any seats left on any of the buses? Plus, is the bus leaving from the caley inn only for those for those currently a member of the supporters club?

I've only heard of this today, and i would really love to go, just wondering if there are any spaces left or not, i imagined that they would be snapped up pretty sharpish.