Violence in Inverness

ar78

When I have talked to people and tell them I know of about 6 people that have been murdered and about the same amount of people that have murdered they are amazed.

A lot of sh1t goes unreported in Inverness. People think its a pplacid city...but its not AND sadly....its gonna get worse. In a few years time I fully expect us to have to go through knife crime craze.

I think it's symptomatic of the growth in Inverness and "City" status.Certainly more dodgy's kicking about these days but the population has near doubled in the time i've been up here.I dont think it's any worse and probably a lot better than most places of a similar size.

Always found Inverness fine both alone or with the wife or kids whatever the time of day, come on down to Bristol City centre on a Friday or Saturday night, at times you can feel the tension in the air, but I guess the same can be said for most big cities in Britain today.

I never had any problems in Inverness anytime I had a night out there. Carrbridge was a diffrent matter. Lost count of the amount of scraps there.

Now here in Dewsbury I wouldn't dare go out at night, gangs roaming about looking for targets, druggies looking for trouble, stabbings, taxi's have no-go areas after dark because they get shot at etc. Apart from that its ok here :rotflmao:

Part of the "attempted murder" statistics I think may be the police/PF aiming too high ..... I once sat on a jury at the High Court where the charge was AM and in the end, the jury found the case "not proven" simply because the evidence didnt stack up to that serious a charge ..... if it had been a slightly lesser charge I have no doubt the decision would have gone the other way.

On my last couple of trips back to Inverness, I havent felt in any danger, but I certainly noticed there was a larger "ned" culture than before and like anywhere else in the world, what used to be fist fights have evolved to knife fights and beyond. I do have knowledge of a couple of people found guilty of murder in Inverness in the recent past but in all honesty, in both cases, these people were on a downward spiral many years before those acts and in both cases - brutal as they were - they were not random acts of violence.

Toronto has about 90 murders a year ... most fall into two categories .... gang related and family disputes .... if you are not part of a gang, not in some convoluted and dangerous family situation, and not in the wrong place at the wrong time it is (and feels like) an incredibly safe place.

even aviemore seems to be getting dragged into it,a few weeks before christmas,i left for work at 7am and whole street across from me was cordoned off seemingly some 16 year old got stabbed in the leg and guy who did it stays in my street,he wasnt long out of prison,and comes from a bad family

heard today on friday night 2 streets away from me a guy got slashed from ear to ear,including cutting his windpipe hes critical in raigmore,it was his girlfriends son who did it ,so aviemore is getting bad also,these are just reported one,but i have heard of a few more,a guy in new robertsons house a few months back attacked a guy with a machete

even aviemore seems to be getting dragged into it,a few weeks before christmas,i left for work at 7am and whole street across from me was cordoned off seemingly some 16 year old got stabbed in the leg and guy who ALLEGEDLY did it stays in my street,he wasnt long out of prison,and comes from a bad family

heard today on friday night 2 streets away from me a guy got slashed from ear to ear,including cutting his windpipe hes critical in raigmore,it was ALLEGEDLY his girlfriends son who did it ,so aviemore is getting bad also,these are just reported one,but i have heard of a few more,a guy in new robertsons house a few months back ALLEGEDLY attacked a guy with a machete

Not a new thing in Aviemore. In Late 80's i seen a guy murdered outside Smiffy's chippy. Guy only got 7 years .

Blackie hope you don't mind stuck a couple of ALLEGEDLY'S in your piece, just in case they haven't got to court yet

even aviemore seems to be getting dragged into it,a few weeks before christmas,i left for work at 7am and whole street across from me was cordoned off seemingly some 16 year old got stabbed in the leg and guy who ALLEGEDLY did it stays in my street,he wasnt long out of prison,and comes from a bad family

heard today on friday night 2 streets away from me a guy got slashed from ear to ear,including cutting his windpipe hes critical in raigmore,it was ALLEGEDLY his girlfriends son who did it ,so aviemore is getting bad also,these are just reported one,but i have heard of a few more,a guy in new robertsons house a few months back ALLEGEDLY attacked a guy with a machete

Not a new thing in Aviemore. In Late 80's i seen a guy murdered outside Smiffy's chippy. Guy only got 7 years .

Blackie hope you don't mind stuck a couple of ALLEGEDLY'S in your piece, just in case they haven't got to court yet

Over a dog if i remember correctly.