Kerr Released

Libero

Guy went to my school so a wee bit disappointed but not surprised. More of an Alan Hansen, ball-playing centre half and not the big physical punt up the park player who will run all day, which Brew is filling the squad with. Not surprised to see that Ritchie Byrne has signed on the same day.

That's a shame.

Everytime I've seen him he's always impressed. Very comfortable on the ball, and he could spray the passes all over the park....he could certainly teach our 1st team players a thing or two about passing.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

That's a shame.

Everytime I've seen him he's always impressed. Very comfortable on the ball, and he could spray the passes all over the park....he could certainly teach our 1st team players a thing or two about passing.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

I was always impressed with him in pre-season games against lower opposition, for the reasons you've mentioned.

However, I've seen him 4 times this season for Elgin City and he was very poor every time. At no point did he look better than anyone else on the pitch.

Good luck to him where ever he ends up though :rotflmao:

not suprised to be honest, he was very slow, light weight and very poor in the air for his height...not sure how he will cope in lower more physical leagues to be honest...he's one of those players who needs a hell of lot of good players around him to be effective and he aint going to get time and decent players the lower he goes. not a professional footballer in my opinion. i would butter coat what i said but no point.

goodluck to him whatever career he ends up doing though.

Errr.. No.

Byrne has at least played at the top level (in Scotland) he is physically stronger and more pace, i always thought Kerr was a wee bit lightweight and slow, and as said above if he dont look any better than 3 div players...

not suprised to be honest, he was very slow, light weight and very poor in the air for his height...not sure how he will cope in lower more physical leagues to be honest...he's one of those players who needs a hell of lot of good players around him to be effective and he aint going to get time and decent players the lower he goes. not a professional footballer in my opinion. i would butter coat what i said but no point.

goodluck to him whatever career he ends up doing though.

Spot on.

The supporters club always try to sponsor one of the younger players who might break through ...... just like we (the site, and then the "internutters" from the site and the Innes) have sponsored Grant since long before he was a first team regular.

The supporters club always try to sponsor one of the younger players who might break through ...... just like we (the site, and then the "internutters" from the site and the Innes) have sponsored Grant since long before he was a first team regular.

Are we talking sponsor the player or sponsor the shirt?

I like to sponsor the shirt of duffers........apart from Hart that is. He just fell out of favour.

Kerr in the P&J today sounding rather less than impressed

LINK

Very sad.... Football can be so cruel.... You have to feel some sympathy for the Guy... Especially given that Brewster never came to see him when on loan at Elgin.

I wish him every success for the future... :rotflmao:

Sadly thats the way of things in football. It would be great to see all youngsters come through the system and make the first team but it never goes that way. Not at any club. Guy complains that Brew never went to see him at Elgin. I'm quite sure he would have had reports back and will have made his mind up based on those reports. I'm also sure work rates and attitude in training would have been taken into account.

Wherever you end up Guy I wish you well and maybe one day you'll make the top flight.

Doesn't really sound like 'mutual consent' though does it!

He always had a high opinion of himself and I will be very surprised if he gets a peg at Clyde. He really isn't "tough" enough to play at a decent level and it surprised a lot of people when he was retained after U19 level.

If he thinks he did well at Elgin, i'd hate to see what he's like when he's unhappy with his performance. I saw him play about 5 or 6 times and a lot of the time he looked out of his depth and uncomfortable against part time players.

Same can be said about Andy McNulty i'm afraid.