How you rate ICT??

Harry Chibber

On paper it would be easy enough to place us among the bottom four in all honesty.  However, our strengths do not lie on what is shown on paper.  We have an "X Factor" which doesn't exist in many teams IMO and that is what sets us apart as the best of the rest.

Think you can put SPL into 3 leagues

1) Celtic, Hearts, Rangers

2) Hibs, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, ICT

3) Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, Falkirk, St Mirren

Any result against the top 3 is a bonus, I think we should be beating second group at home and running close away and we should always be looking for 3 points against the bottom group. I think thats pretty realistic, the only team who maybe would move are United into the 2nd group, but that remains to be seen.

The league table never lies, and we are very much a mid-table side.

I don't think we can expect to compete with the OF, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen over the course of a season, but everyone else is there for the taking.

Remember Hibs have lost Riordan, O'Connor and Caldwell... unless they make some big signings b4 the season starts I think they will be largely mediocre

Motherwell have lost their manager and will more than likely be without top striker McDonald next season

Killie struggled the second half of the season without Boyd

Aberdeen only seemed to improve once Snoyl was signed who is back at Feyenord now and McNaughton (one of their best players) is offski

Bridge_ender has got it spot on IMO, if we can get anything from the top 3 then it's a bonus

Because we have kept our squad together and CC seems to be one of the few managers looking to buy some players I think we could be heading the pack in that middle section

can't see Utd, Dunfermline, or Falkirk getting out of the bottom 3

St Mirren are the unknown quantity

obviously there is still a long time until the start of the season and transfers will be made but as it stands I'm very optimistic for next season

Avoiding relegation is the No1 priority - STILL. Anything else is a bonus.

Would like to see an improvement in our home form as I think its safe to say its unlikely we will do so well away from again next season

Bridge Ender has got it spot on. Avoiding relegation will always be the prime objective but a relatively unchanged squad has to be looking for Top Six and fourth spot is a distinct possibility.

I am as interested in our Cup performances next season. We totally blew the chance of a league Cup semi last season and least said about the Scottish Cup the better.

[table]

[tr][td]Club  [/td][td]On Paper  [/td][td]On Grass  [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Celtic  [/td][td]Better than us  [/td][td]2 pts out of 12[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Rangers  [/td][td]Better than us  [/td][td]2 pts out of 12[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Hearts  [/td][td]Better than us  [/td][td]3 pts out of 12[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Hibs  [/td][td]'should' be better than us[/td][td]6 pts out of 12[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Aberdeen  [/td][td]'should' be better than us[/td][td]6 pts out of 12[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Kilmarnock  [/td][td]perhaps slightly ahead of us[/td][td]6 pts out of 12[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Motherwell  [/td][td]we are at the same level[/td][td]6 pts out of 12[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Dundee Utd  [/td][td]living on past glories - outperformed them last 2 years[/td][td]8 pts out of 12[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Dunfermline  [/td][td]Pars are in doldrums - will bounce back[/td][td]9 pts out of 12[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Falkirk  [/td][td]a gritty team like ICT but we have the edge[/td][td]9 pts out of 12[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]St Mirren  [/td][td]1st season back in SPL - will do well ?[/td][td]9 pts out of 12[/td][/tr]

[/table]

As you can see from the table above, I tend to agree with the earlier posters. (and before anyone wants to split hairs - I know it is not possible to get 12 points from all teams because of the split but right now we have the potential of 4 games against ALL teams !!!)

Celtic, Rangers and Hearts (depending on actions of Romanov) will continue to dominate the SPL in the coming season.

Hibs and Aberdeen should also be up there but each has their own problems both with losing players and in Aberdeen's case with mounting debts.

I would then say there is a group that contains Kilmarnock, Motherwell, ICT and 'possibly' Dundee Utd who will fight it out for 6th spot and mid table respectability. If we play to our strengths and the players perform as well as they have done in the last two seasons there is no reason why we cant finish top 6 and even overtake Hibs and aberdeen if they have problems.

I predict (and hope) the relegation battle will not include us but instead will be between the Pars, Falkirk and St Mirren and maybe even DUFC depending on what Brew gets sorted in the rest of the close season.

St Mirren are the unknowns - I havent paid much attention to Div1 since we got out of it, but they seemed worthy winners and may do what both ICT and Falkirk have done in the last two seasons and stay up at the expense of an established SPL side .......