Hamilton -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Terrible, terrible game. Both teams awful in atrocious conditions (ready made excuse for Brew). He can't blame the fans this time, the support was good, until the last 10 minutes when they started to make their views clear.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably 500+ fans.

The arguments between fans referred to earlier was because some took issue to ant-Brew chants and wanted people to support the team. Late on in the game, when it was clear that we could have played all week and not got near their goal, the chants became fairly constant from the back of the stand.

I never heard anything racist or inappropriate. EDIT - re post below, yeah fair enough, forgot about that.

Ive said it before , as have many people WHY does Barrowman always get a start & Rooney on the bench ???? :rotflmao:

Barrenman was poor and we were all happy to see him hooked at half time. However, Wood and later Rooney were totally anonymous, so he was perhaps our least bad striker.

Edited by Yngwie

Just want to add the idiot(s) at the back of the stand using racist remarks and starting the famine song was disgusting, you disgraced yourself and the club. To be fair I think it was just one person both times. :rotflmao:

Can't understand why, considering we've signed a couple of players from Ireland, any of our fans would find it necessary to sing such p!sh.

Just want to add the idiot(s) at the back of the stand using racist remarks and starting the famine song was disgusting, you disgraced yourself and the club. To be fair I think it was just one person both times. :rotflmao:

Can't understand why, considering we've signed a couple of players from Ireland, any of our fans would find it necessary to sing such p!sh.

Its called shallow end of the gene-pool, i would have liked to think us Highlanders as having superior intellect, but that idea was crushed im afraid!

High point of the day was the shoe protest. Whoever started it, quality.

If only Peter had got a photo of it.

Brew can't make an excuse about lack of support today. Superb backing for the team even at full time, and boos for the boss.

Edited by The Mantis

That was a return to the best things about supporting ICT today. Don't know how many hands I shook and hugs I got in that pub. Everybody I've ever seen at a game was there today. People were saying it was like the Motherwell cup game or the two semis or maybe the Stirling trip. Brought home how much this club means to everybody, management team excepted of course.

Edited by The Mantis

Morais had a decent enough game, first touch can let him down but he has definetely got something. Pavel cleary has communication problems with Munro but I thought he was OK, still an improvement on McGuire. Gattheusi didn't get on at all.......

Cheers Pele

Absolute sh**e, its the only way to describe this afternoon. One of the worst performances I've ever seen. Hamilton were crap but there was one major difference hamilton wanted to win the game more than caley. Brewster has lost the plot, he's lost the dresing room and the fans. The caley fans created a great atmosphere and didnt stop singing until the final whistle. Well done. One thing that really got at me was that a guy next to me was singing his heart out then he shouted one brewster chant and a couple of people turned round and told him to shut up and get behind the team but the people who said this didnt even utter a word in support of the team. Some people still fail to see what is going on. Hello we've lost 7 games in a row. I think the shoe protest was fantastic. It's obvious the players dont like him. I was told that while the fans were chanting Brewster get to f**k that a player turned round and clapped briefly. At the final whistle I can only recall 2 players applauding the fans which i think is not very good at all.

BRESTER OUT!!!!

That was a return to the best things about supporting ICT today. Don't know how many hands I shook and hugs I got in that pub. Everybody I've ever seen at a game was there today. People were saying it was like the Motherwell cup game or the two semis or maybe the Stirling trip. Brought home how much this club means to everybody, management team excepted of course.

Have to agree with that. The pub session was brilliant. It was great to meet up with so many of the regular contributors to this website, and put faces to names like King Beastie, CaleyStan, Alternative Maryhill, Naelifts...to name but a few.

Always good craic of course with IHE, the Mantis, DJS, Caley100 and TM4TJ...

Great too, to hear 10 second snatches of all Mannie's favourite CD tracks in the CaleyD bus.... I agree it would have been boring to have been subjected to much more than that.

This was a great day out... Would I do it again? Absolutely - but only on condition that I wouldn't have to watch another match like that again... :rotflmao:

Edited by Johnboy

superb atmosphere from the away fans, we sang from before kcik off to full time,even without the drums that were confiscated at the turnstile by the police,the board surley now must sit up and notice,the fans travelled in numbers today sang there hearts out,yet brewsters team still didnt cut it,we have done all we can now, the board must do more

as for in fan fighting i heard a few of the arguments,iam sorry but some fans need to accept brewster has to go to save the club,and fans arguing with people who chant it need to get a grip,it is after all brewster there slagging ,there still getting behind the team,also 1 guy objected to us singing what a crappy home supprot,he said we can tlak ours is crap also,lighten up its only tounge in cheek

The match report in the Sunday Times runs with the headline "BREWSTER ON BRINK".

Reading it, it's quite clear that there is a lot of agreement with the comments of those at the game...the rest of Scotland is now well aware of our plight as well.

Selected quotes below...

"It is the worst run in the club's history"

"What the Inverness board must weigh up is whether Brewster has it in him to make them any better"

"The same men who will decide Brewster's future yesterday laid on complimentary buses...the Highland crowd responded, filling a respectable 500-odd seats. Initially at least, they also took up their benefactors up on the unwritten part of the agreement, leaving the widespread dissent at Brewster's continued presence in the dugout unaired until late in the second half"

"While the home side were undone by the lack of a final ball, Inverness for the most part would have been grateful to get even that far...an utter fecklessness in the final third is now a defining characteristic"

"Brewster removed the ineffectual Andy Barrowman and sent on Garry Wood, another willing customer patently not up to leading a Premier League frontline yet. It is strange the same thought did not occur to Brewster when Marius Niculae, Graham Bayne and Dennis Wyness left last summer"

"'We know we need to score goals', said Brewster, who will attempt to sign another striker in the next two weeks. He needs to come up with something, anything, to stop them being his last in the job"