Hamilton -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

We had every intention of going to this game but the weather and subsequent expected travel problems forced us to cancel the trip (good job we did too as we wouldn't have got home).

Having just read Brewster excuses....same old, same old.....on the BBC site I really feel he hasn't got any excuses left. Surely now, after spending all this money on new faces it is time for the board of this club to take a serious look at what is happening on the field of play. After the reports of the team being in a bouyant mood for this game it appeared to fall flat as soon as the whistle went to start the game. I wasn't there to witness events on the field of play but the final result says it all. We lost again. Mr Brewster has now secured a new club record of seven defeats in a row. If that isn't a sign of a bad manager / team then I don't know what is.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete rubbish. I have missed 1 home league game this season 1 game against Partick and have been to 4 or 5 away matches. The last time I have seen us score a goal was against Falkirk!!!!

Nothing changes week after week. No thought goes into any of our play, just boot it forward and hope for the best. We have nothing up front and we have nobody who can create a chance. I left yesterday wondering where on earth was Don Cowie playing yesterday??? I'm not making excuses for Barrowmans lack of goals but his confidence must be completely shot having being hauled off yet again after not once having a ball into feet. Rooney top goalscorer in the league this season on the bench again, Pathetic.

The team on the park is an absolute mess, someone needs to come in make us strong and hard to beat. Hamilton didn't even create a chance and beat us. We were so weak and lacking ideas yesterday, Hamilton didn't even have to play they just wanted it more. I don't think theres many people left who think we can get out of this now and I can't see where else we can go after yesterday. I'll almost say its too late even if a new manager comes in but thats not going to happen anyway.

To the board of ICT. Think of the long term, maybe you don't want to get rid of him becasue you'll have to pay him to go. But you are going to lose so so so much more if you let him stay. Look what happened to Dundee Utd when they told him to go, that could be us!

The match report in the Sunday Times runs with the headline "BREWSTER ON BRINK".

hosa, could you provide a link? I can't find it...

And if you enter "BREWSTER ON BRINK" into google, all you get is a load of United stuff...don't know if that makes me want to laugh or cry.

No-one's really said how awful Hamilton were yesterday. I have never seen such a team of team-wasting, diving cheats.

In the first half we had a few good attacks, but we never looked like we were going to score. Hamilton threatened more and won the game because of it, they could even of had a penalty in the second half. Brewster did the usual 2 subs in the last two minutes which didn't give the players a chance to do anything. The famine song was sung but there was only a few signing it, thankfully.

That was the most depressing defeat yet. I barely recall any shots on goal except for Tokely's outrageous 35-yarder in the first half, and a header coming off the bar in the second. To be fair, the weather probably did make it difficult for the players, but knowing what it was like, WHY did they return to the long-ball p!sh that seems to be Brewster's default tactical setting? As people have pointed out already on this thread, the line-up was also wrong again. Barrowman trotted around 20 yards from goal and didn't seem to have either the strength or the guile to make any impact on Hamilton's central defenders; Vigurs was played wide left, which limited his greatest strength, his passing; Cowie was playing in the middle (I think) but as so often this season, just didn't look up for it. What was most frustrating was that Black was left out of the team but named as a sub, when it was obvious Brewster had no intention of using him. The game was crying out for someone who could put their foot on the ball in midfield, make space and make a pass, and Black should have been on after about half an hour.

Any positives? Morais looked quite skilful, had some nice touches and made a few ambitious flicks and passes that nearly came off - also, he worked very hard throughout. Mihadjuks looked solid, but Hamilton didn't really threaten apart from the penalty incident, so it was difficult to judge him.

The support was brilliant yesterday - fantastic atmosphere in the pub beforehand and really vocal inside the ground. I felt proud being part of it. Unfortunately it was far harder to feel any pride in the team - by 20 minutes into the game, it was all too clear what was going to happen. I can't see any possibility of us taking any points from the next three games under the current circumstances - the team has less ability than any of its opponents and judging by the last few games, it also has far less fight and self-belief. Although my feeling is that it is already too late to save us, Craig Brewster has to go now - the supporters and players deserve better.

Edited by alternative maryhill

What a horrible game of football.

Hamilton are a really poor team, but they're stuffy and and they expose the lack of creativity in our attacking play. I was hoping Morais might be the answer to that problem but the conditions were against him. We wasted our half with the wind behind us by playing Barrowman up front. He's completely incapable of linking with the midfield, he refuses to (or has he been told not to?) run the channels and on the three occasions that he received the ball into his feet he missed it completely.

I know we have wider problems than Andy Barrowman but watching his performance yesterday sums up the frustration of watching Caley Thistle at the moment.

We were actually better in the second-half against the wind but it was too late. The conditions meant that it was impossible to play much football which suited Hamilton, who, having got in front had no intention of playing football anyway.

The support was great today. A lot of people care about this club and it's great that so many came to support the team. I don't think people wanted yesterday to be about Brewster, but it ended up that way. It is completely natural for fans to voice their displeasure about a manager who they feel is ruining their club. Those who want to silence that voice are in a very small minority.

The fans were the best part of the game. They turned up in their numbers and made a good amount of noise. The hamilton fans wre sh@te, didn't hear them apart from when dougie came running past. Think he appreciated the fans for sticking with him and giving him a couple of songs, shouting down the accies fans.

i feel a little bit sorry for hamilton, though. They are the worst excuse for a football team i ahve ever seen. At one point, when they had a throw-in, instead of throwing another ball onto the pitch after the other had been blazed out of the stadium, they sent the allboy to fetch the other one. It took at least 2 minutes jsut to get going again. They were pathetic. I thought hamilton were cut from our cloth, hard but fair. But they just cheated the entire match, the diving was incredible.

apart from that, the only man with pass marks for me was big pavels in centre defence, he read the game well and played a good game. Morais tried but it just didn't come of for him. Baroowman should just leave, he has no feelings for the club and tried f@ck all in the first half. Wood was garbage when he replaced him. Esson was cr@p, can't remember a goalie kick the ball straight out so many times in the 2nd half. Next time, aim for the middle of the pitch.

Don't believe the match reports, we didn't put up a fight, and we never looked like coming into it. A couple of free-kicks and a weak header was all we had in the 2nd half. Relegation looms.

A poor game made even worse by the weather and the officiating, but a poor game all the same. The fact that neither team registered a short on target from open play pretty much says it all for those who couldn't make it.

Going to write a match "day" report to accompany the match report, so I'll go into more detail on my thoughts and feelings on things there.

No-one's really said how awful Hamilton were yesterday. I have never seen such a team of team-wasting, diving cheats.

I'd agree with that. They seemed to take a tumble everytime anyone farted within 20ft of them. And the fecking timewasting was embarrassing. Levein got it spot on.

We were still ***** mind!

Believe it or not - I was the individual who was picked on !! :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

I have to admit that the red mist came over and I asked my initial complainant to step outside - thankfully he didnt - and I then apologised to him for my behaviour. But in retrospect a wee smack may have been appropriate - I apologised becos I thought that he was just another frustrated fan and that I was totally out of order in being so agressive to him and I realised that I was only directing my frustration at him. But he stood up, pointed his finger at me, told me to "Shut up" and to support the team. I was singing from the off and yon wee ****** spent the rest of the game sitting silently with his arms crossed, , only moving to tut and chastise anyone who dared pick on Brewster. The two ladies in front of me declared that I was a bad example to the younger fans sitting around me and suggested that once I was a season ticket holder I could fairly complain.

But apart from those three sweet rustling moaners the craic was like the days of yore. But as the two ladies also pointed out "how many will be at Tynecastle ?".

ME - GTF

As I was also spoken to by the 2 "ladies" and was told that I had no right to complain as I wasnt a season ticket holder, this will be my last post on any game or Brewster matter. The team were awful, the manager has to go. Infact cant be bothered posting anymore as it doesnt count anyway!!

Edited by Govan Jaggie

As I was also spoken to by the 2 "ladies" and was told that I had no right to complain as I wasnt a season ticket holder, this will be my last post on any game or Brewster matter. The team were awful, the manager has to go. Infact cant be bothered posting anymore as it doesnt count anyway!!

I have just had a good look at the terms and conditions on my season ticket and I cannot find anything on there which states that it gives me exclusive rights to complain, so feel free to continue posting.

FAO of the two "ladies" get a fecking grip FFS.

Believe it or not - I was the individual who was picked on !! :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

I have to admit that the red mist came over and I asked my initial complainant to step outside - thankfully he didnt - and I then apologised to him for my behaviour. But in retrospect a wee smack may have been appropriate - I apologised becos I thought that he was just another frustrated fan and that I was totally out of order in being so agressive to him and I realised that I was only directing my frustration at him. But he stood up, pointed his finger at me, told me to "Shut up" and to support the team. I was singing from the off and yon wee ****** spent the rest of the game sitting silently with his arms crossed, , only moving to tut and chastise anyone who dared pick on Brewster. The two ladies in front of me declared that I was a bad example to the younger fans sitting around me and suggested that once I was a season ticket holder I could fairly complain.

But apart from those three sweet rustling moaners the craic was like the days of yore. But as the two ladies also pointed out "how many will be at Tynecastle ?".

ME - GTF

I was one of those so called younger fans. I dont think that she realised that i spent most of the rest of the game shouting Brewster GTF. Funny how she never utterded a word in support of the team but was quick enough to criticise everyone else for shouting the obvious.

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but the "ladies" are probably the ones I encountered at the Fir Park, and at Falkirk They did nothing but moan, tut and tell everyone to shut up anytime anyone dared to question their hero Brewster.

I think they must be watching the game through the blankets they always seem to have!!

I don't understand their argument that if you want to moan and complain you must have a season ticket :thumb04: Football snobs,?

So ladies if you read this :rotflmao: :018:

Haha, i thought it was quite funny. Brightened up a dull game of 'football' anyway. The shoes protest was quality aswell :rotflmao: and we had a fairly vocal support for once. Brewster GTF chants seemed to put our point across well :thumb04:.. As for singing the Famine song, i heard people saying Oh James McCarthy, why dont you go home? And Oh Craigy brewster, why dont you go home? Nothing about the Famine, though it is the same tune. On the way back to the Train Station, there was a group of about 15 Hamilton 'Casuals' waited for us and tried starting a carry on, luckily the Polis were walking behind us, and they were taken away.

Haha, i thought it was quite funny. Brightened up a dull game of 'football' anyway. The shoes protest was quality aswell :rotflmao: and we had a fairly vocal support for once. Brewster GTF chants seemed to put our point across well :thumb04:.. As for singing the Famine song, i heard people saying Oh James McCarthy, why dont you go home? And Oh Craigy brewster, why dont you go home? Nothing about the Famine, though it is the same tune. On the way back to the Train Station, there was a group of about 15 Hamilton 'Casuals' waited for us and tried starting a carry on, luckily the Polis were walking behind us, and they were taken away.

Were there two wummin wearing blankets with them ?

Was great to be part of the fanbase that made the journey.

Unfortunately the match didnt even live up to the standard it was built up to be. Hamilton to be blunt were crap. They are so anti-football, 10 men behind the ball and no attacking flair without Offiong, they created virtually nothing yet still took all 3 points.

What i couldn't understand was the midfield formation for us and neither could the players i think at times. I remember Morais and Cowie getting in each others way on the right and i also remember Hamilton switching the play to the right wing and no was covering Tokely because no one knew who was doing it and none of our strikers got a shot at goal i think despite Cerny constantly dropping every ball he took. Defensively i thought we were reasonably solid and simply lost the game by showing no bottle to take a shot when running at goal.

The only good thing Brewster did throughout the game was take off Duncan who for me was such a liability yesterday and has been in recent weeks, it should be him getting dropped, not Black!

ME - GTF

I was more than happy to keep my mouth shut because it was a heat of the moment thing betwen 2 fans who obviously care a lot about the future of ICT but you run over and ask one of my mates to step outside, shat it when I got involved, apologise for it and then come on the forum and start bitching afterwards ............. says it all really

It was the Brewsters gay chants that he took offence to... he just didn't see what that had to do with anything

And the abuse that Lady took from you lot for having a different opinion was disgraceful

as I said emotions were running high and I'm sure the amount of alcohol drunk beforehand didn't help

ME - GTF

I was more than happy to keep my mouth shut because it was a heat of the moment thing betwen 2 fans who obviously care a lot about the future of ICT but you run over and ask one of my mates to step outside, shat it when I got involved, apologise for it and then come on the forum and start bitching afterwards ............. says it all really

It was the Brewsters gay chants that he took offence to... he just didn't see what that had to do with anything

And the abuse that Lady took from you lot for having a different opinion was disgraceful

as I said emotions were running high and I'm sure the amount of alcohol drunk beforehand didn't help

Have to break my own not posting rule for that one. The lady was not sworn at or given any abuse be myself. I voiced my opinion which I am more than entitled to do but does this give her the right to tell me to sit down and shut up? She is more than welcome to disagree and support him but hay I never heard her chanting from him to stay? When I asked if she could see where the club is going under Brewster, that is when I was told that I didnt even have a season ticket so what right have I got to complain? I bit my tongue very well at that point.

Believe it or not - I was the individual who was picked on !! :D :rotflmao: :thumb04:

ME - GTF

:018: ;) :lol: :015: :D :P :021:

You always dive in head first ya bitch - Read my post ya **** - Your involvement did get my brain into gear (thanks!!) plus you are such a scary specimen of manhood - I did not, never would and never will join in the disgusting gay chant - I never even joined into the GTF chants - I did start and did join in to the "Brewster Out" chants. If your mate thought that it was me he was wrong - It is rather rude to point and tell somebody to "Shut up" - "You tube" followed - I was nothing but polite, albeit blunt, to the two ladies in front of me - I know them and they know me.

But if your mate is such a supporter - why didnt he join in with the encouraging chants - of which there were many ?