Total Management Failure

Azgaz

The current situation with the Caley Thistle team in the SPL is the most obvious sign of the decline and pending fall of what used to be a well managed organisation.

The inability to deal with the poor football performance illustrates the situation in the boardroom.

Where is the clear direction and determination which used to be evident ?

The relationship between owners and board has disolved and each is suspicious of the other whilst all the time the ship sinks. The forthcoming stay in Division One will be a long one.

Any Chairman worth his salt would examine Brewsters total managerial record (not just this season) and see that it is poor and inform the board that it was time to act .. this should have happened during November 08

I fear it is now too late.

I agree but is this not going to end the same way most other threads are ending just now for the past few months

- BREW OUT?

Fixed it for you, yes most threads on this part of the forum end up being Brewster out threads but the reasons for that are quite simple. We are moving in a downward spiral and whilst Brewster is not the sole reason behind this he is the most obvious place to start, this is the ICT section of the forum and being passionate football fans the problems at ICT are foremost in our minds.

Guest flossy10cat

I agree but is this not going to end the same way most other threads are ending just now for the past few months

- BREW OUT?

Fixed it for you, yes most threads on this part of the forum end up being Brewster out threads but the reasons for that are quite simple. We are moving in a downward spiral and whilst Brewster is not the sole reason behind this he is the most obvious place to start, this is the ICT section of the forum and being passionate football fans the problems at ICT are foremost in our minds.

Fair enough, good point

While we all agree Brewster aint doing a good job who can we honestly expect to replace him? We struggle to attract quality at the best of times! Not because of the board but because of our location in the country. We are a botton six of the table team and if players are playing bottom six/relegation football they at least want the 'joy' of being able to live in the central belt!

Professionals in the game think we are nothing but a team that makes up the numbers in the SPL. We as fans have to recognise this when we are trying to attract players. Why should we have to pay more money and ruin our sound financial basis(which many other SPL clubs envy) to sign someone that doesnt really want to be here?

We need to attract players who want to ressurect their career and thats always gonna come with a few gambles! Some that work and very many that dont - that goes with the territory. I cant understand why more fans cant understand this point. The teams we're battling with already have a foot up on signing players we're after! Its a simple fact!

Back to Brew, players are the same as managers - why would they want the current job in the situation it is? The board are fighting a thankless task trying to find someone better. The sooner we as fans realise this the better. Just because we want rid of Brew and the Board aren't doing it doesn't mean they don't share the same feelings. Has it crossed anyones mind that they maybe had people lined up and they turned it down for any possible reason?

People that go on about how well Dundee UTD done after sacking Brew is neither here nor there. They got in Craig Levein - a manager who we couldnt even dream of attracting: we tried to sign him up when Brew left the first time and he said no even although he had just been sacked(or hours from it) by Leicester.

The players we attract haven't attracted any other SPL clubs hence why they come to us so why would a manager? As i said in a previous thread Davie Irons, Rowan Alexander and at a push Alex Rae is the managerial capabilities we're looking at and would anyone trust them to spend the transfer budget more than Brew? Afterall none of these three mentioned have had any great success at a similar level if not better than what we need right now!!!

A reality check from fans is needed! We sign poorly rated players who hardly anyone wants so why should managers be any different! The board does what the majority of fans on here want and sack brewster - what happens after that? Nothing! No one wants the job of ICT manager!!! Lets face facts!

As i've said in previos posts name the man to take over and i can maybe get on board but if its still this Robbo crap then dont even bother.

The same men calling for Robbo back are the same ones that wanted another successful Caley manager who left to fail at his 'home' club before coming back cap in hand! Sound familiar

Yes - Robbo and Brew: one and the same!!!

EDIT: I realise this makes me sound pro Brew which i'm not I just cant see who else can get us out of this monumentous hole!!!

Edited by rollwithit

Agreeed!:thumb04: :rotflmao:

agreed with what mate? me or the vast majority of the board?

Two very differing views i feel on the whole. I just want fans to take a look at the club as a whole and see that we have difficulties in attracting people outwith our control, ie. location.

I dont like arguing with other supporters but i feel there is more fans like me that are scared to voice their opinoins because on this board they'll get shot down if they dont go along with the sack the board/manager mentality!

PLEASE NOTE: Although the user 2 posts above seems to be pretending to be Charlie Christie, I can confirm that the account is not registered to any IP or email address at the stadium and has therefore been suspended until the user informs us of what the account can be changed to.

I would just like to remind people that registering with a username that makes it appear that you may be another poster or a club employee, official or player is not acceptable and accounts that fall into that category will be suspended or summarily deleted.

I'm not enjoying this season very much with Norwich City going the same way: team in disarray, fans squabbling but mostly united in their loathing of a clueless manager who can't stem a disastrous run of poor defeats as they head for the bottom of the league at breakneck speed.

Yet that's where the similarities have ended - the Canaries board took that leap over the edge by sacking Roeder and his backroom team without having anybody else lined up to take over after a shocking performance saw them knocked out of the FA cup at home on Tuesday night (final straw for everyone associated with the club). Bryan Gunn, ex keeper and Canary legend, was given the caretaker job on Thursday for the one match. He brought back some loan players Roeder didn't get on with, made 6 changes, changed the formation and they beat Barnsley 4-0!

Ok, one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that, it may not work in the longer term as the permanent appointment is so crucial and they got the last 2 wrong, but at least they have made a move to try to save the club.

Would love to see our board having the courage to do something similar before it's too late, if we haven't reached that point already!!!

As things stand our SPL days are history and we ain't coming back anytime soon - we are suffering from total management failure so fix it - might be easier to fill the position if it's already vacant! Could we honestly do any worse without a manager for a wee while than we're already doing?

Glen Roeder = another manager who cannot manage. He seems to get clubs out of relegation strife year 1 then relegate them year 2. You are well shot of him.

As for us - it feels like it's too late I'm afraid, but you are right bin Brew and see what happens as with him we are sunk!

Edited by ICT_Away

No - Robbo and Brew two very different entities.

When Brew came here first he brought with him, perhaps, the best striker we have ever had and when playing that striker he it was his best tactical decision ever, he took himself out of the dugout. He went back to his "home" club and was sacked after a long run of p1ss poor results and reports of dressing room unrest (sound familiar?)

Robbo on the other hand lead us from the dugout to our most successful season ever, we played sexy attacking football and that brought home the Challenge cup and the SFL championship. At Derry he guided them from a position close to relegation and won them the FAI cup. He was at Hearts during their managerial switcheroo period and reportedly left County because he was asked to sack 4 or 5 players against his better judgement.

EDIT- Forgot one point, ever heard the saying "horses for courses"?

Edited by birdog

No - Robbo and Brew two very different entities.

When Brew came here first he brought with him, perhaps, the best striker we have ever had and when playing that striker he it was his best tactical decision ever, he took himself out of the dugout. He went back to his "home" club and was sacked after a long run of p1ss poor results and reports of dressing room unrest (sound familiar?)

Robbo on the other hand lead us from the dugout to our most successful season ever, we played sexy attacking football and that brought home the Challenge cup and the SFL championship. At Derry he guided them from a position close to relegation and won them the FAI cup. He was at Hearts during their managerial switcheroo period and reportedly left County because he was asked to sack 4 or 5 players against his better judgement.

EDIT- Forgot one point, ever heard the saying "horses for courses"?

Robbo for manager! :rotflmao:

ok put it this way...

We start winning, playing reasonable well. I would still feel nervous that we might slip back to where we are now, because i dont have faith in the managerial capabilities of the guy. I think il always feel insecure with brew at the healm, i truely believe if we are to move forward we need fresh blood in charge.