Sportsound

Nothing much that hasn't been covered on here already. Probably the most entertaining aspect was Charles B twisting and turning like a live man being spit-roasted while Jim Traynor tried to pin him down on the boardroom politics that might prevent Robbo returning. CB also mentioned Butcher as a possibility but was eventually persuaded to admit that Robbo would be the frontrunner IF the internal politics could be sorted out. Traynor made a few cracks about Inverness being the back of beyond and also tried to get Billy Dodds to admit an interest in the job :rotflmao: (would be the most unpopular appointment in history if it happened). Luckily Dodds wasn't biting. Lastly, there were a few entertaining vox pops from the streets of Inverness. Anyone on here going to admit to being interviewed?

Oh, and Traynor made an utterly inappropriate parting shot about Charles staying "on the job" tonight. Lowland vulgarity...

Edited by alternative maryhill

Traynor made a few cracks about Inverness being the back of beyond

I only heard part of the issue...but in the part i heard, Traynor was saying the opposite of the above.....saying it was a myth that we are in the middle of nowhere.

Traynor made a few cracks about Inverness being the back of beyond

I only heard part of the issue...but in the part i heard, Traynor was saying the opposite of the above.....saying it was a myth that we are in the middle of nowhere.

To be fair, you're right - when he was treating the discussion seriously, he did say that people's perceptions of Inveness as inaccessible and remote was wrong - it was only a little later he started joking about three day journeys and so on.

I thought Traynor was a bit rough with Charles Bannerman - whenever he opens his mouth about ICT, you can feel his discomfort as he obviously knows nothing about the club.

I can assure you that no local football reporters were harmed in the making of that programme! :rotflmao: Rather enjoyed the banter actually and I simply wasn't going to go any further and fudge the line between what I know and what could be considered as speculative... not for Traynor nor for anyone. :thumb04:

Edited by Charles Bannerman

thought you were brill charles!

admired they way you managed to get in the strange set up in the boardroom or involved in the decision-making processes at ict... the politics of it all...

without actually saying anything!

or was that not what you said... :rotflmao:

Interesting comment made by at least one of the pundits on last night's Sportsound that when Brewster was reappointed that move was highly popular with ICT fans.

That's not my recollection. I seem to remember that only a minority of fans, certainly on this website, were supportive of the move.

I don't recall much support for Brewster at that time either. In fact here's the post I posted at the time. Didn't realise I had the gift of foresight !! :rotflmao:

I can understand feeling running high over brewster being taken back but I don't think a boycott is the answer. This would affect the TEAM on the park who definitely need our full supprt at this time.

I can't say i'm too chuffed about brewster returning but nothing we do will change that now. However I will say this, brewster will be under much much more pressure this time around at ICT than previous. There is now an expectation for results to improve. If they do not, then how long will the fans remain patient? If he has a run of results like those he returned at dundee utd, god forbid, could he be the first ICT boss for the sack??? ........:thumb04: